#21 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:07 PM

Thanks for some more homework on a Friday Merlin ;) its all I have been doing this week, going through Choppies.

Verdict is I'm in :)

#22 M e r l i n

M e r l i n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationSANDTON

Posted 15 May 2015 - 01:59 PM

Pre listing statement

Attached Files

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. (Isaac Asimov)

#23 M e r l i n

M e r l i n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationSANDTON

Posted 15 May 2015 - 01:39 PM

Min @ Investec = 100k

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. (Isaac Asimov)

#24 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:45 AM

Min at FNB Securities is R10k

#25 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:34 AM

Minimum offer on Std Bank is R50K though

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#26 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:31 AM

Will have a look again at this one closer to listing.. perhaps taking a R10k punt! Will see.. ;)

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#27 M e r l i n

M e r l i n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationSANDTON

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:48 PM

Merlin, you looking to buy in to this?

No money, but I would if I had, higher PE than Shoprite natural for a new stock in development phase Shi, Shoprite has been going for yonks and is established although still developing in Africa.

#28 Fuxx

Fuxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:02 PM

Merlin, you looking to buy in to this?

#29 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:58 AM

Anthony Clark tweeted that the PE is going to be higher than that of SHP :huh:

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#30 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:58 PM

Thanks Merlin/Sugafoot.

From what I could pick up is that they do not want to directly compete with the SA retail giants, so far they have opted to service areas where Shoprite & Pick n Pay have no presence. I have liked how they went about setting up here in SA, infrastructure first and stores follow, but mostly as we are aware that SA is 2% a year economy, I am not expecting much, but counting on Zambia and Tanzania (north of 6% respectively) to bring in the numbers and hopefully the share price follows.

Their numbers growth looks good too from the past few years

Money is indeed in the masses Sugafoot, proven over and over again.

#31 M e r l i n

M e r l i n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationSANDTON

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:20 PM

I heard the CEO being interviewed on radio last night and I was astounded at the numbers being bandied about in terms of their growth in number of stores (cannot remember details) in small time frame, I know they have intention of opening 250 stores in Zambia and specifically in a development I am directly involved in.

Impressive crowd certainly.

Nothing financial. However I am in Sales and Operations. My work takes me to far flung areas of the country. I originally thought that Shoprite was found in all these small towns. Not always the case. Choppies is giving fuel retailers and Shoprite a headache. They just recently opened a store in Boshoek (about twenty kms from Sin City). And they are very aggressive in their outlook. <br /><br />They play primarily in the Shoprite and Mr. Price market - a very profitable place to be.

#32 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:08 PM

Nothing financial. However I am in Sales and Operations. My work takes me to far flung areas of the country. I originally thought that Shoprite was found in all these small towns. Not always the case. Choppies is giving fuel retailers and Shoprite a headache. They just recently opened a store in Boshoek (about twenty kms from Sin City). And they are very aggressive in their outlook. <br /><br />They play primarily in the Shoprite and Mr. Price market - a very profitable place to be.

#33 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:17 PM

Has anyone else gone through their annual reports?  I like what I have seen on their past performance and future plans. Any thoughts on this one?

Attached Files

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting