#421 Pilotpilot

Pilotpilot

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:25 AM

I am changing my exit price on SPP to R185-63 and did an OTC (over the counter) trade.

Invest in what you know - Warren Buffet

www.justnextlevel.net

#422 Pilotpilot

Pilotpilot

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:46 AM

Good Evening Pilotpilot

I've noticed the sens on jse ltd.Non-exec director david lawrence purchasing 3000 shares at a price of R133.
Would it be a good time to get in now?

Hi Julz

It would be safe to say that it is still a good buying opportunity. They have approved the share repurchase proposal, but no further news on how they are going to do it.

It could be anything from 10-30% premium on the 30d wma or on market purchasing. They must be close to announcing it, if David Lawrence bought yesterday.

From a technical perspective, JSE is still in it's long term Bull trend. It touched down and tested its 7 month bull support line (intraday) yesterday. It closed 2,5% higher than this level yesterday.

This is pleasing to see, and it also made a mini break on its current short term downtrend.

Although it hasn't turned bullish yet, I dont think there is more dowside to this one ( Maybe sideways during this market correction). Anything in the R128-00 to R133-00 range is a good buy. The cheaper , the better :)

I might need to add this one to the portfolio again, as the news could be out any day.

Regards

Pilot

Edited by Pilotpilot, 28 May 2015 - 08:48 AM.

www.justnextlevel.net

#423 Pilotpilot

Pilotpilot

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:08 AM

Morning Everyone

Sorry for the late post, but I had no time last night. I updated all of the new orders from yesterday and might add some new orders during the day.

I will post a later update.

Regards

Pilot

Attached Files

www.justnextlevel.net

#424 julzM

julzM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:29 PM

Good Evening Pilotpilot

I've noticed the sens on jse ltd.Non-exec director david lawrence purchasing 3000 shares at a price of R133.
Would it be a good time to get in now?

#425 FUAD_A

FUAD_A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:10 PM

That is a H&S if anything, but not an inverse H&S....

:lol: let me rephrase...

If i see a head a shoulders pattern, it must have been Obverse!!!

#426 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:07 PM

That is a H&S if anything, but not an inverse H&S....

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#427 FUAD_A

FUAD_A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:06 PM

Attached File  ImageUploadedBySharenet Sharechat1432735546.620653.jpg   126.67KB   42 downloads

#428 Pilotpilot

Pilotpilot

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:03 PM

Hi Guys, I am new here as you can see and would like to introduce myself.

I am relatively new to the markets and might occassionally ask some redundant questions.

I find the insights shared here to be quite valuable and would like to gain some knowledge from you seasoned traders. :)

Could anyone please shed some light on your views with regard to AMS forming an inverse head and shoulders?

Hi Faud_A  ...Welcome!

I don't see the inverse H&S forming. :(  Or maybe my charts don't show the future like yours! :D  

Maybe if you can post the chart, or some of the other technical experts might have an answer for you.

www.justnextlevel.net

#429 FUAD_A

FUAD_A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 01:56 PM

Hi Guys, I am new here as you can see and would like to introduce myself.

I am relatively new to the markets and might occassionally ask some redundant questions.

I find the insights shared here to be quite valuable and would like to gain some knowledge from you seasoned traders. :)

Could anyone please shed some light on your views with regard to AMS forming an inverse head and shoulders?

#430 FUAD_A

FUAD_A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 01:37 PM

Thanks Pilot, awesome stuff...

Thanks Pilot brilliant template will be implemented

#431 Pilotpilot

Pilotpilot

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 27 May 2015 - 01:34 PM

Attached is the mid day update on the trending shares spreadsheet.

We managed to get 2 new trades (GLN & OML) both at good entry points and both showing a profit for the day. 

DSY was the only long we could close of the running shares.

I am still concerned about closing the other longs, but will give it time to the end of the day.

The portfolio now has a net -R350 000 exposure, and has turned the weeks losses, into a profit of R1 290. ^_^

Till later

Pilot

Attached Files

www.justnextlevel.net

#432 Pilotpilot

Pilotpilot

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 27 May 2015 - 01:18 PM

Yes Pilot. I agree on the disadvantages of holding if the downtrend is going to continue.

Just I'm expecting probably a washout today, then a bounce later this week or early next week...before the bear comes back for more. However, if the ALSI40 fails to hold that 46500-ish area, then I'll consider exiting all the longs (both share CFDs and ALSI40 CFDs).

Eish...I hope this plays out well :(  :(  :(

Gotcha. Holding thumbs, it works ! :)

www.justnextlevel.net

#433 Motion Picture

Motion Picture

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:31 AM

Should limit your downside risk. Do you have CFD longs or normal Equity? If it is normal equity, it's a very good idea.

If it's CFD's I would think to close, or to lessen the Long positions would be better, otherwise you pay more on the interest side of it, for having both sides covered.  

With some of the views here, this trend could be longer than we think. There might be a good deal later and then you got all your cash held up on margin.

Adding the shorts with the longs, will definitely be better, than not doing it, if we have a downtrend / correction. :)

Yes Pilot. I agree on the disadvantages of holding if the downtrend is going to continue.

Just I'm expecting probably a washout today, then a bounce later this week or early next week...before the bear comes back for more. However, if the ALSI40 fails to hold that 46500-ish area, then I'll consider exiting all the longs (both share CFDs and ALSI40 CFDs).

Eish...I hope this plays out well :(  :(  :(

You better know when to hold on, know when to walk away and know when to run!

#434 Pilotpilot

Pilotpilot

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:19 AM

Eish...rough for the bulls!!! :(

I've decided to leave the longs open, but enter simultaneous shorts as a hedge (plus to profit on the short side), while this bear dust settles.

Should limit your downside risk. Do you have CFD longs or normal Equity? If it is normal equity, it's a very good idea.

If it's CFD's I would think to close, or to lessen the Long positions would be better, otherwise you pay more on the interest side of it, for having both sides covered.  

With some of the views here, this trend could be longer than we think. There might be a good deal later and then you got all your cash held up on margin.

Adding the shorts with the longs, will definitely be better, than not doing it, if we have a downtrend / correction. :)

www.justnextlevel.net

#435 Motion Picture

Motion Picture

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:53 AM

Evening Gents

Tough day on the market for the long positions. The portfolio had a pretty neutral position today, but still ended negative for the day and this week so far.

It is currently down R5360 (-2,18%) for this week. It has been a challenging 2 days, as the portfolio turned from bullish to neutral and now full bearish in 2 days.

There are 12 new short trades I could find, and not a single long trade. (Ok , I found one, PIK, but it's so weak, that I didn't bother to add it. 1 star)

All 12 trades are at very nice entry levels, so we can get the cream of the crop.

Of the running trades, all the long positions have now broken trend, and are being closed.

It is the first day that the portfolio has been negative, but this is a very good opportunity to take advantage of the fear currently in the market. The downtrends are much faster, so hopefully  we can turn the negative into a nice positive, come Friday.

Attached is the Trending Shares spreadsheet.

Happy Trading

Pilot

Eish...rough for the bulls!!! :(

I've decided to leave the longs open, but enter simultaneous shorts as a hedge (plus to profit on the short side), while this bear dust settles.

You better know when to hold on, know when to walk away and know when to run!

#436 Pilotpilot

Pilotpilot

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:34 PM

Evening Gents

Tough day on the market for the long positions. The portfolio had a pretty neutral position today, but still ended negative for the day and this week so far.

It is currently down R5360 (-2,18%) for this week. It has been a challenging 2 days, as the portfolio turned from bullish to neutral and now full bearish in 2 days.

There are 12 new short trades I could find, and not a single long trade. (Ok , I found one, PIK, but it's so weak, that I didn't bother to add it. 1 star)

All 12 trades are at very nice entry levels, so we can get the cream of the crop.

Of the running trades, all the long positions have now broken trend, and are being closed.

It is the first day that the portfolio has been negative, but this is a very good opportunity to take advantage of the fear currently in the market. The downtrends are much faster, so hopefully  we can turn the negative into a nice positive, come Friday.

Attached is the Trending Shares spreadsheet.

Happy Trading

Pilot

Attached Files

www.justnextlevel.net

#437 Pilotpilot

Pilotpilot

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:14 PM

Pilotpilot, cant i give you R100 000 to put with your share trades?  :P  :P  :P  :P

LOL! Maybe in the near future! Still working on a couple of stuff. I might even be assisting with an aggressive Long/Short Fund in future. My money will be in there too. :)

First want to run this portfolio for at least another 2 weeks.

www.justnextlevel.net

#438 Mr_SA

Mr_SA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:55 AM

Pilotpilot, cant i give you R100 000 to put with your share trades?  :P  :P  :P  :P

#439 Pilotpilot

Pilotpilot

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:09 AM

Quick update on the trending shares spread sheet.

All the orders for today, has traded. The portfolio is pretty neutral at the moment with a Net long exposure of R50 000, and R1 450 000 gross exposure. The portfolio is only up R2300 for the week, after R3 000 trading costs and closing positions at less than premium exit prices today.

We have broken the 53 900 support on the ALSI intraday, which is the main support I am watching. It could still close above this by day end, but I am not so sure.

If we break this support, there will be many more shorts to trigger tomorrow.

Regards

Pilot

Attached Files

Edited by Pilotpilot, 26 May 2015 - 11:10 AM.

www.justnextlevel.net

#440 Pilotpilot

Pilotpilot

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:33 AM

Morning Everyone

Attached is the Trending shares for today. 4 new short trades were added today and not a long in sight.

I am closing 5 of my long positions today, as a lot of them have broken trend. The portfolio currently has a nett exposure of R1 100 000 (Long)

I am changing it to a more neutral stance, after having looked at the ALSI. (see my previous post) If the trades go through today, we could even have a small nett short position on the portfolio.

I am keeping all the short positions, as they are looking really good.

Happy trading

Pilot

Attached Files

www.justnextlevel.net

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting