40 replies to this topic

#1 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 06 November 2020 - 03:03 PM

It does look like this is the end for FDP. Look at recent results (and comments on going concern) and last 2 SENS (SAHIF walking away from deal and 4 directors leaving with immediate effect). It doesn't surprise me anymore when we see horror shows like this on the JSE.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#2 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 15 July 2020 - 06:41 PM

Do miracles really happen?

The latest SENS seem to indicate that the deal will be made shortly - FDP appoints someone to the board to evaluate the offer and the exclusivity ends 31 Aug. For the offer to be made, the share's suspension needs to be lifted. For the suspension to be lifted, FDP has to release 4 sets of results, MIRACLES!!

I'm not holding my breath.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#3 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 08:46 AM

I took a gamble ironically on this one when they listed, cost me a few quid.. :(

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#4 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 17 September 2018 - 04:15 PM

These idiots should be on Comedy Central  :D

Today's SENS

Shareholders are referred to the last quarterly update, dated 17 August 2018, wherein shareholders were
provided with an estimated date for the completion of the annual financial statements for the year ended
29 February 2016 (including the restatement of the financial statements for the year ended 28 February
2015), the following factors set out below are to be considered.

The board of Directors of the Company (“Board”) and management have assessed the time frame required
to fully integrate the required International Financial Reporting Standards changes and subsequent
amendments in its accounting systems, and has estimated that the Annual Financial Statements for the
above-mentioned years should be released before the end of December 2018.

The Board and management once again express its commitment to the release of these results, and
continues to endeavor to meet stakeholder expectations. The Board continues to monitor the progress of
the finalization of the above-mentioned annual financial statements and will advise shareholders of any
changes.

#5 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 15 August 2018 - 04:20 PM

In accordance with section 122(3)(B) of the Companies Act, No. 71 of 2008, and section
3.83(B) of the JSE Listings Requirements, shareholders are advised that Prime Growth
Properties Proprietary Limited (“Prime Growth”) has acquired a beneficial interest in the
ordinary shares of Freedom, such that its total interest in Freedom increased to 6.4% of the
Company’s issued ordinary share capital.

Prime Growth has subsequently disposed of a beneficial interest in the ordinary shares of
Freedom, such that its total interest in Freedom has decreased to 2.4% of the Company’s
issued ordinary share capital.

Yesterday's SENS. I'm assuming that Prime got the shares as part of another transaction and subsequently disposed of it.

The question really is, how is this allowed if the share is suspended?

#6 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 30 November 2016 - 04:51 PM

:o

Idiots - glad I didn't take a small punt on them a while back.

#7 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 30 November 2016 - 04:10 PM

Is the new website a joke, serious ???

#8 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 08 August 2016 - 10:13 AM

With the shares being suspended, how long before it has to delist (if they haven't produced financials)?

#9 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 11 July 2016 - 05:58 PM

and the 2nd SENS today whereby a sale of 22m fell thru, now they selling same property for 15m ... what a joke.

#10 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 11 July 2016 - 05:54 PM

More drama ... this smells fishy !!!

In compliance with paragraph 3.59 of the Listings Requirements of JSE Limited
(“JSE”), shareholders are advised that the Company and Mr Jan Francois Pretorius
have mutually agreed to terminate Mr Pretorius’ employment relationship and
contract of employment. As a result, Mr Pretorius will vacate his position as
Chief Financial Officer and Executive Director of Freedom with immediate effect.
The board of directors of the Company is currently considering its options with
regards to a successor and details will be announced in due course.

#11 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:39 PM

On my super speculative radar. Will be interesting so see what happened when the new management sorts everything out - they seem to have some decent assets - just need a proper tally of liabilities and assets at fair value.

#12 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:53 AM

I wouldn't believe this if someone told me about it ...

The delay in the distribution of the Provisional Results is consequent to the
unavailability of certain information (“Information”) relating to the period
under review, 1 March 2015 to 28 February 2016 (the “Period Under Review”), and
specifically certain transactions that were implemented and accounted for during
the 2015 and 2016 financial years of the Company. This Information is required
by the Company’s auditor, RSM South Africa, in order to finalise the Provisional
Results for release.

The Information has been requested from members of the executive management of
the Company for the Period Under Review, the majority of whom have since resigned
from their employment with Freedom.

#13 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:18 PM

Any idea what is going on here ???

#14 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:01 AM

SENS ... property bought for 49m is now sold for 22m ... sign of what is to come for Freedom :huh:

#15 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:27 AM

More shares being issued :angry:

#16 Bargain hunter

Bargain hunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 10:48 AM

This turned out to be a complete dog 15c a share from R1 at listing. Maybe the AGM will shed some light.

Did anyone attend the AGM? Keen to find out the sense of future prospects.

#17 Bargain hunter

Bargain hunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:16 AM

Waiting for my CRD position to cash out( in two weeks or so) and then I'll be looking to add this. Hopefully it won't have moved up too much by then...

This turned out to be a complete dog 15c a share from R1 at listing. Maybe the AGM will shed some light.

#18 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:44 AM

Spot on.

Waiting for my CRD position to cash out( in two weeks or so) and then I'll be looking to add this. Hopefully it won't have moved up too much by then...

#19 Bargain hunter

Bargain hunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:27 AM

Has it bottomed out...? :rolleyes:

Spot on. 

#20 Bargain hunter

Bargain hunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:59 PM

Has it bottomed out...? :rolleyes:

Possible.

But overhang of shares held by vendors will be around for a long time. The volumes being traded at the moment wont be enough to release their shares at decent price. It would be pointless them selling at 1c. It seems none of the guarantee shares were sold before the 1 year expiry date.

If only Freedom had more cash to do share buy backs at this stage. This is unlikely though since their cash will be utilised for ongoing developments.

My guess is that the share price will only really start running once the company can demonstrate a growing income stream, this might take another 2 years.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting