#21 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 30 March 2021 - 05:16 PM

From a technical perspective, Aveng is now trading above its 200 day moving average, which is below the 50 MA, which is below the 21 MA, which is below the 8 MA. Plus the 200 MA is moving upwards. Let's hope it stays this way and blips to 5c soon. 

If it does, I would certainly feel a lot better about another rights offer. Until the price starts moving, another rights offer is going to feel like a kick in the nuts. 

We have been seeing less and less dips to 3c. Today there were only 3. We need a dipless day and then I think we might start seeing the 5c blips 

#22 Trader001

Trader001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 02:56 PM

Why do I smell a delisting here?

Me don't think so, but that is my personal view.

Besides the fact that JP Morgan Chase will be in control of Aveng through its majority shareholding, and the fact that it will probably ensure that the Aveng directors get their annual bonusses based on their performances, I don't believe it will be in the Interest of JP Morgan to  delist or deregister  from the JSE because:

1. Delisting and deregistering are complicated issues

2. A substantial portion of the Aveng shares are held by investment institutions in SA such as Coronation, Allan Gray and others and to delist and or deregister will impede these institutions' ability to trade their shares. This, I believe, will be the big no-no for Aveng  because an action like that will destroy a lot of local trust Aveng has built up with its investors through dire times  in the past 10 years as we all know

3. Perhaps the intention will be to get multiple listings , perhaps in Australia and who knows..... even in the New York because this company is going to grow internationally and will need more liquidity/exposure for its share in bigger markets than SA  (Steinhoff  has a dual listing.  Its major listing is in Frankfurt, not in SA)  

#23 skeez

skeez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 10:08 PM

70 % of the business is in Australasia this proportion will get bigger with time.They want more capital. These 1.5 c rights offers in SA not going to cut it am afraid. Best to list in Australia for access to capital.

#24 skeez

skeez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 10:08 PM

70 % of the business is in Australasia this proportion will get bigger with time.They want more capital. These 1.5 c rights offers in SA not going to cut it am afraid. Best to list in Australia for access to capital.

#25 Spolle

Spolle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 09:14 PM

100% agree

#26 skeez

skeez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 09:09 PM

#27 Spolle

Spolle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 09:03 PM

From a technical perspective, Aveng is now trading above its 200 day moving average, which is below the 50 MA, which is below the 21 MA, which is below the 8 MA. Plus the 200 MA is moving upwards. Let's hope it stays this way and blips to 5c soon. 

If it does, I would certainly feel a lot better about another rights offer. Until the price starts moving, another rights offer is going to feel like a kick in the nuts. 

#28 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 29 March 2021 - 07:09 PM

What makes you think that? 

#29 skeez

skeez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 06:47 PM

#30 skeez

skeez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 06:46 PM

#31 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 29 March 2021 - 05:00 PM

I hate it that these SENS don't have the before picture, is it so hard to add that to the SENS?

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#32 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 04:47 PM

New Sens Announcement (29 Mar 2021 16:16):

AVENG LIMITED
(Incorporated in the Republic of South Africa)
(Registration number: 1944/018119/06)
ISIN: ZAE000111829
SHARE CODE: AEG
("Aveng" or "the Group")

Disclosure of Beneficial Interest in Securities

In accordance with section 122(3)(B) of the Companies Act, No. 71 of 2008 and section
3.83(B) of the JSE Limited Listings Requirements, shareholders are hereby advised that
Aveng received formal notification on 25 March 2021 of an acquisition of the shares in Aveng,
resulting in a change in the total interest in the ordinary shares of Aveng held by JPMorgan
Chase & Co, amounting to 30.74% of the total issued ordinary shares of Aveng. This includes
the 19.90%, 2.62% and 8,22% holdings by Highbridge Capital Management, LLC, J.P.
Morgan Securities plc and J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, respectively, being subsidiaries of
JPMorgan Chase & Co.

29 March 2021
Melrose Arch

JSE Sponsor
UBS South Africa Proprietary Limited

#33 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 29 March 2021 - 11:54 AM

and 351 million at 5 cents

Might take a bit before we get there .... but good to know there aren't billions on offer at 5c .... holding out for some higher highs  

#34 Tonyh199

Tonyh199

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 10:48 AM

An hour ago there was about 1.3 billion on offer at 4c.

and 351 million at 5 cents

#35 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 29 March 2021 - 10:08 AM

Can anyone see how many shares are on offer at 4c and if we have any on offer at 5c? 

An hour ago there was about 1.3 billion on offer at 4c.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#36 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 29 March 2021 - 09:27 AM

Can anyone see how many shares are on offer at 4c and if we have any on offer at 5c? 

#37 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 23 March 2021 - 02:32 PM

Sounds like they saying if not taken up by shareholders then the 2 largest shareholders will take up all the shares. I think i might just take it up.  

Correct, but it does mean there is further dilution of shares. Also means that any share consolidation will be pushed back even further.

Edited by Shi, 23 March 2021 - 02:33 PM.

#38 JR7800

JR7800

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 02:23 PM

Hi all,

I took up my first rights and paid them.

This time round I think I will cash out and they can pay me for change.

Personally I do not think the share price will change much. It will hold between 2 and 4 cents for very long, especially if they keep on raising money at 1.5c. If all is used to pay debt then its ok but if they keep on rasing bonuses for them selves we are going to lose our as# on this one.

My 1.5c...

#39 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 23 March 2021 - 02:23 PM

Sounds like they saying if not taken up by shareholders then the 2 largest shareholders will take up all the shares. I think i might just take it up.  

I'll have to delve deeper into my flexible friend..... as I'm considering it as well.. .funds dependent, but funds are running low after the previous offer 

#40 CasualTrader

CasualTrader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 02:15 PM

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting