#21 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 16 October 2020 - 08:33 PM

Aveng is missing out on the recent run that some of its competitors are having i -eg  M&R and SSK. I think the 1,5 bn shares (8% of issued shares)  on the sales side at 3  and 4 cents are part of the reason - It seems to be one or two shareholders trying to offload but when there are seldom more than 10 million shares traded in a day , it is going to take 9 months to sell- so unless something significant (either the seller withdraws or an AEG  buyback?) happens we are stuck with the price at 3 cents for months. Am I missing something? 

These s***t heads can't hold the clock back the November will come....all will come out. I gave them a call last month and they said mid October results will be out and there was supposed to be sens detailing when the results will be out.

#22 Tonyh199

Tonyh199

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 02:37 PM

The +1bln sell side has always been the case. I gave Aveng a call  2weeks ago to the enquire about the open ended SENS on the results. I was then told that they would issue another SENS will be issued with specific dates, here we are nothing. The indication was 2nd week of October, but I doubt. They will take the full 2 months of extension judging by their behaviour.

Aveng is missing out on the recent run that some of its competitors are having i -eg  M&R and SSK. I think the 1,5 bn shares (8% of issued shares)  on the sales side at 3  and 4 cents are part of the reason - It seems to be one or two shareholders trying to offload but when there are seldom more than 10 million shares traded in a day , it is going to take 9 months to sell- so unless something significant (either the seller withdraws or an AEG  buyback?) happens we are stuck with the price at 3 cents for months. Am I missing something? 

#23 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 01:36 PM

No worries. also took some effort to find. But I was keen to know as well as I have been wondering the same thing.

#24 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 12:55 PM

Thanks Sleepwa, I was looking for that document... need to put my glasses on next time.

#25 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 11:53 AM

As I understand it they have until the end of November. Have a look at the table at the end of page 1.

https://www.jse.co.z...mpliance wi.pdf

#26 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 10:37 AM

I can't see that there has been any update on the release date of their financials, as they said there would be. Surely time is running out?

#27 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 01:03 PM

Were they not also awarded $40 million in claims in Australia?

Yes as per below

https://www.moneyweb...acts-this-year/

#28 skeez

skeez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 09:39 PM

Were they not also awarded $40 million in claims in Australia?

#29 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 21 September 2020 - 09:15 PM

Good Article on the analysis, however, a mere consolidation for me would not be enough, they would be putting nothing on the table. First they need to buyback shares as authorised and as compensation to the shareholders, second they will prove with company cash that they believe that the company is undervalued vs the work they are doing and the NAV they are quoting in their financials. 

Strange that also none of the insiders have made share purchases at these levels, to me this says lack of confidence in their turnaround strategy, therefore no personal cash to risk because they are not convinced it will work.

It seems they have R56mln on the way, good outcome for them on the ESKOM claims. Legal costs covered so good result. 

https://www.dailymav...jan-oberholzer/

#30 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 01:38 PM

https://www.iol.co.z...31-28cc876c448d

#31 skeez

skeez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 10:27 AM

Like all the loss making companies we've seen report recently, Aveng is packaging all the bad news that were and weren't caused by the pandemic and firmly placing them under the "Covid-19 excuse"
They call it Throwing out the kitchen sink.

This is were you know the auditing proffession in this country is akin to government institutions. Corrupt to the core. How can this be possible?

#32 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 01:41 PM

Like all the loss making companies we've seen report recently, Aveng is packaging all the bad news that were and weren't caused by the pandemic and firmly placing them under the "Covid-19 excuse"
They call it Throwing out the kitchen sink.

#33 skeez

skeez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 09:09 PM

Add impairments on top of bad results and you have a disaster, thats why. Still cooking the books perhaps?

This move has made me jittery I must say. They had very little exposure to Covid as per their sens and now all of a sudden this...should have seen it when they were paying the senior directors in cash and not in shares.

#34 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 17 September 2020 - 01:02 PM

What is the reasoning behind delaying these results? Just does not make sense.

Add impairments on top of bad results and you have a disaster, thats why. Still cooking the books perhaps?

#35 skeez

skeez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 12:46 PM

The +1bln sell side has always been the case. I gave Aveng a call 2weeks ago to the enquire about the open ended SENS on the results. I was then told that they would issue another SENS will be issued with specific dates, here we are nothing. The indication was 2nd week of October, but I doubt. They will take the full 2 months of extension judging by their behaviour.

What is the reasoning behind delaying these results? Just does not make sense.

#36 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 17 September 2020 - 12:41 PM

What happened to these guys? They pulled that covid excuse and disappeared.
I noticed somebody's dumping 1 billion+ shares of aveng today.

The +1bln sell side has always been the case. I gave Aveng a call  2weeks ago to the enquire about the open ended SENS on the results. I was then told that they would issue another SENS will be issued with specific dates, here we are nothing. The indication was 2nd week of October, but I doubt. They will take the full 2 months of extension judging by their behaviour.

#37 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 03:45 PM

What happened to these guys? They pulled that covid excuse and disappeared.
I noticed somebody's dumping 1 billion+ shares of aveng today.

#38 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 28 August 2020 - 02:18 PM

419 million traded. Something must be brewing  ;)

#39 AnbanM

AnbanM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 12:06 PM

372 million shares traded today and counting at 2c any idea whats up ?

#40 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 11:22 AM

A weaker rand this year = better profits in Australia etc.. And increase in iron ore demand due to government's stimulus in infrastructure projects must be good for Moolmans. I am just guessing. Hope this thing fly when it breaks 4c eventually.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting