nice  ;)

#22 andi222

andi222

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 09:02 AM

Agreed on the books NAV is zero. However if you look at the true value of the operating units there is still a lot of value left. We have mentioned in previous posts why management has impaired everything basically to zero.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#23 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 06:20 AM

Technically the company remains insolvent. Litigation isn't the main issue, it's the fact that the NAV is less than zero. I am short the share for what that's worth

#24 andi222

andi222

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 02:49 PM

I dont think they will still sort out the litigations this year. Rather 2020 or latest 2021.

One positive SENS regarding litigations can bring the change and then the share will fly.

#25 andi222

andi222

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 02:48 PM

I dont think they will still sort out the litigations this year. Rather 2020 or latest 2021.

One positive SENS regarding litigations can bring the change and then the share will fly.

#26 MrGermanGuy

MrGermanGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 01:05 PM

Pepkor already flying a bit

here is everyone waiting for the settlement 

#27 MrGermanGuy

MrGermanGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 10:37 AM

Market is buying the rumor that TILP will find an end sooner than later.....

#28 MrGermanGuy

MrGermanGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 11:06 PM

Sorry in German

https://www.ariva.de...69#jump26782634

offical

tilp is checking the offer, 

court date (18th December) postponed

#29 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 09:48 PM

Hi LarryK,

so normally the market cap and volumes traded are the important factors for the placement into Indexes. 

Steinhoffs share price should be at around 14 Rand to be placed back in to the JSE top 40.

For it to be in the S-Dax it needs to be around 2 rand and MDax at around 20 rands. 

So currently we are far off these amounts but as I mentioned before if the plan of management works out these levels are achievable. 

Revenue wise/EBITDA wise etc Steinhoff is easily placable under Top 40 if not even top 20 on the JSE.

For me we are back to the level before  the jump which was a classic short squeeze. Ideal buying opportunity.

#30 andi222

andi222

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 10:15 AM

Andi, just for interest sake, do you know where snh is currently ranked on the jse?

Hi LarryK,

so normally the market cap and volumes traded are the important factors for the placement into Indexes. 

Steinhoffs share price should be at around 14 Rand to be placed back in to the JSE top 40.

For it to be in the S-Dax it needs to be around 2 rand and MDax at around 20 rands. 

So currently we are far off these amounts but as I mentioned before if the plan of management works out these levels are achievable. 

Revenue wise/EBITDA wise etc Steinhoff is easily placable under Top 40 if not even top 20 on the JSE.

#31 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 06:51 PM

Watch this sporadically with interest, and hope it pulls through.. most jse looked very red today..

#32 LarryK

LarryK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 06:34 PM

Andi, just for interest sake, do you know where snh is currently ranked on the jse?

#33 andi222

andi222

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 06:30 PM

So current drop is due to Steinhoff being kicked out of the German S-DAX Index. Which means all funds or ETF reflecting the S-DAX need to re balance and they are currently selling their shares because they have to. 

But again, if we see progress in the restructuring from Steinhoff we might see Steinhoff in the S-DAX or even M-Dax in a few years maybe even JSE Top 40. Then all funds need to buy Steinhoff shares and you guys can then think what will happen to the share price. 

#34 Olymphia

Olymphia

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 05 December 2019 - 03:47 PM

No, they will not.  Reporting Q4 is pointless as they report the AFS by association.

Note also, that there is a difference between a trading update (Q1 and Q3 numbers) and reported results (H1 and AFS).

Steinhoff usually reports Q1 in end Feb, H1 in end June, 9 months in end Aug, and typically AFS by end Nov.

They will report the AFS 2019 in April 2020 for the reasons that we have already discussed.

Best Regards

Captainfrom82

Thanks for the info. captain

#35 Captainfrom82

Captainfrom82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 03:42 PM

Good afternoon

Can anyone shed any light, if there are Q4 results, being reported ?

Thanks.

O

No, they will not.  Reporting Q4 is pointless as they report the AFS by association.

Note also, that there is a difference between a trading update (Q1 and Q3 numbers) and reported results (H1 and AFS).

Steinhoff usually reports Q1 in end Feb, H1 in end June, 9 months in end Aug, and typically AFS by end Nov.

They will report the AFS 2019 in April 2020 for the reasons that we have already discussed.

Best Regards

Captainfrom82

#36 Olymphia

Olymphia

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 05 December 2019 - 03:26 PM

Good afternoon

Can anyone shed any light, if there are Q4 results, being reported ?

Thanks.

O

#37 Investment novice

Investment novice

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 03:25 PM

So the share price volatility is probably due to multiple private investors trading and dumping. I see from post below pic increased holdings and others have some sizeable holdings. Thats quite a eye opener. Price not indicative of value... Some say value is zero, but i think value includes future opportunities and as you said management will be successful with a turnaround

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#38 Captainfrom82

Captainfrom82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 03:13 PM

Oct - Nov top 10 holding change.

Big drop from the Oppenheimer Fund.

We have spoken of this before...Oppenheimer is not a Fund.  It is likely that this is a depository similar to Clearstream...

JPMC = JP Morgan Chase which is one of the biggest banks in the world (certainly top 10 I would say).

But obviously, a lot of the underlying clients are selling.  But then again, Clearstream up over 37m.  People from across the pond have different views on Steinhoff's investability.

Best Regards

Captainfrom82

#39 Trader001

Trader001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 01:41 PM

Thanks for good insights on Steinhoff's future from Andi222, Captain and Sole Trader.

It helps to see different perspectives.

Regards

#40 Bubble

Bubble

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 11:47 AM

Oct - Nov top 10 holding change.

Big drop from the Oppenheimer Fund.

Attached Files

• Attached File  SNH.JPG   72.64KB   16 downloads