9799 replies to this topic

#41 Tom

Tom

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 05:24 PM

"SIHNV has been notified by Conservatorium Holdings LLC (together with its affiliates) that it intends to oppose the request for sanctioning of the scheme at that hearing" (the sanction hearing in the English scheme proceedings which will be on on 26/27 January 2021)

Also another "a hearing has been scheduled for 8 February 2020 in the Amsterdam District Court following a recent request by Conservatorium Holdings LLC to appoint a restructuring expert to SIHNV"

THIS MEANS ANYBODY INVESTED IN STEINHOFF MIGHT LOSS ALL THEIR MONEY (big fat zero).

Edited by Tom, 14 January 2021 - 05:28 PM.

#42 KP7

KP7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 05:18 PM

No dump?......is everyone holding in anticipation? Scared the bus leaves?

My trading strategy doesn’t involve any pumps and dumps (I leave that for the loo)  :D

I look for possible long term bottoms, enter with predetermined targets and exit levels and wait for the market to either strike me out or give me a home run.

Obviously I have the following boxes that need to be ticked once I’m long to confirm my analysis.

1) SNH has held the lower trend line drawn from June 2018 low (on both JSE and FWB charts)  

2) SNH has broken above the descending trend line drawn from July 2018 high (on both JSE and FWB charts)

3) SNH now needs to break above R2 

Two out of three so far ;)

#43 Tom

Tom

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 05:18 PM

"SIHNV has been notified by Conservatorium Holdings LLC (together with its affiliates) that it intends to oppose the request for sanctioning of the scheme at that hearing" (the sanction hearing in the English scheme proceedings which will be on on 26/27 January 2021)

#44 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 01:17 PM

Thats exactly where I am at. The finalisation of one of the key variables in the short-term has massive upside potential.

I'm looking away at this point!

#45 vdbergpl

vdbergpl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 09:20 AM

Belgium’s for me please  :D

No dump?......is everyone holding in anticipation? Scared the bus leaves?

#46 KP7

KP7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 10:38 PM

If it goes to 6 bucks beers and prostitutes on me

Belgium’s for me please  :D

#47 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 09:36 PM

wouldnt that be nice but feel it's a bit pie in the sky... damn I hope I dont sell before then, keeping this one for long

I cannot say with exact estimate due to COVID but just think about it.

26th Jan the new scheme in place then settlement announced.

Last is rescheduling of loads at cheaper interest rate and we home dry.

We nearly there by patient.

#48 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 09:32 PM

Haha with Covid or without!!!

#49 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 06:10 PM

wouldnt that be nice but feel it's a bit pie in the sky... damn I hope I dont sell before then, keeping this one for long

#50 GutfeelTrader

GutfeelTrader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 09:01 AM

We need a proper pump up to 6 bucks

#51 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 08:56 AM

Snh form part of my high risk speculative portfolio. As it stands will not be an investment option to hold for dividends...company has some nice gains on the horizon and then i will exitba substantial portion.and leave a percentage based on my portfolio...oger the years...perhaps.once deb5 settled and restructured we may see dividends..byt its at least 5 years..

We need a proper pump up to 6 bucks

#52 Investment novice

Investment novice

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 07:03 PM

Snh form part of my high risk speculative portfolio. As it stands will not be an investment option to hold for dividends...company has some nice gains on the horizon and then i will exitba substantial portion.and leave a percentage based on my portfolio...oger the years...perhaps.once deb5 settled and restructured we may see dividends..byt its at least 5 years..

#53 Zanme

Zanme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:20 AM

So here's a question to other gurus out there, as an investor which company would you invest in?

A company that bleeds money in paying out law suites, accounting fees etc etc, or a company that pays YOU as an investor dividends?

And not to forget high salaries to useless management

Agree its such a pity because this group has great assets. Unfortunately management has no interest in creating value for shareholders because they have no skin in the game and irrespective of what happens they blame the old management. And they seem to be working for consultants lawyers and selected litigants who reside with them in Stellenbosch. Its actually pathetic the way this and a number of other listed companies are being run and managed and we have a weak regulator as well.

#54 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 05:16 AM

So here's a question to other gurus out there, as an investor which company would you invest in?

A company that bleeds money in paying out law suites, accounting fees etc etc, or a company that pays YOU as an investor dividends?

And not to forget high salaries to useless management

Edited by Lionelza1, 07 January 2021 - 05:17 AM.

#55 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 04:54 AM

Hi IN, while you see extreme volatility, I see extreme simplicity. The pump and dump has been the trend for over a year now.

Prior to news Mr Market will suck you in, on the news Mr Market dumps... Buy the rumor sell the fact right?

For sure there's possibilities for a continued run up but that hasn't been the case, why play against Mr Market?... And IF Mr Market continues to pump on the fact...play accordingly.

Keep it simple bro 😋

Still 2 weeks for info to come out so expect another pump 😏

So 18% up on previous day, 5% down yesterday... Haha, while some ouks r waiting for busses to arrive, others are making ka-ching 😁

Yea and if u listened to my guru Polly.... U too would be making ka-ching

Buy the rumor sell the fact, Mr market will suck u in and spit you out.... Open ur eyes and u will see it

Edited by Lionelza1, 07 January 2021 - 04:56 AM.

#56 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 04:44 AM

This share is extremely volatile and not sure what stimulates it.. up one day, downntoday atbtradegate...could we see 5 percent down..tomorrow.

Hi IN, while you see extreme volatility, I see extreme simplicity. The pump and dump has been the trend for over a year now.

Prior to news Mr Market will suck you in, on the news Mr Market dumps... Buy the rumor sell the fact right?

For sure there's possibilities for a continued run up but that hasn't been the case, why play against Mr Market?... And IF Mr Market continues to pump on the fact...play accordingly.

Keep it simple bro 😋

Still 2 weeks for info to come out so expect another pump 😏

Edited by Lionelza1, 07 January 2021 - 04:45 AM.

#57 Investment novice

Investment novice

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 11:03 PM

This share is extremely volatile and not sure what stimulates it.. up one day, downntoday atbtradegate...could we see 5 percent down..tomorrow.

#58 Tom

Tom

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 03:44 PM

SA Covid-19 variant appears to evade antibody drugs, which is 'very concerning' - ex-FDA chief

https://www.business...gottlieb-2021-1

#59 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 08:14 PM

What is short medium and long. The share has performed opposite to predictions in the past. If Louis and them change maybe this will happen.

Hi Zanme if you are serious about SNH then I suggest you think about the following:

1 - Not so long ago Mattress Firm single handed brought down SNH it was bust. The Chairman thought it was a great investment.

2 - Conforama was a bad dream loss making but debt been hidden.

3 - Australian business was not making much profit

However at that time all above was problems people were prepared to pay over R70 per share and SNH was a big flyer.

Now we have the following:

1 - Mattress firm is again profitable

2 - Poundland doing very well

3- Aussie business turned around

And now we saying the share is with nothing? Can you see how the front wheels are on the back and the back wheels in the front.

I have not even touched on the Pep business.

Can you imagine buying a share today for R1 tat is with R70 think just on the future dividends.  For me this SNH issue will be discussed for many years in Economics and Accounting 101 for years.

We need to keep our common sense intact all these issues will take time to solve but the big question is there a good business model?

For me for sure there is nothing compared with PEPCO in Europe and SA.

I think the American electorate has been having Jooster lessons. Hahah

#60 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 08:14 PM

Yea? U sound like a gambler! Id rather miss the bus.

I've been in plenty situations where the bus didn't even arrive at all with this share and made big losses, so I changed my strategy... And making money bro....

I'd rather make money the way I am doing now, than worry about missing busses.

Makes no sense at all what ur saying

And this is not advice I'm giving... Just my experience.... Hip hip hooray if that bus comes... And you R2 and R9 and R50 nogal... Fok where u getting ur green beers from in this lockdown

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting