Bubble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 12:49 PM

Hi IN

0.39 euro cents is around R7.50.
Are you sure that this is the amount youve seen?

We need the Robinhood crew on this to get momentum

#6822 woolhoff

woolhoff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 11:44 AM

I feel like booking my flight tickets already ;-)

#6823 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 11:42 AM

That would mean we ALL go to Tahiti with Lionel

#6824 woolhoff

woolhoff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 11:27 AM

Hi IN

0.39 euro cents is around R7.50.
Are you sure that this is the amount youve seen?

If there is excitement. Could see. 0.39 euro cents being the target. Seen this number on other chats...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#6825 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 11:21 AM

If there is excitement. Could see. 0.39 euro cents being the target. Seen this number on other chats...

#6826 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:32 AM

Lots of big bids right now.
Looks like the trading range is getting narrower so let’s hope for a positive breakout around R1,15 and that this thing will run up for a bit.

My average is down to R1,41 so hoping to start making some money soon!

Good luck and if anyone has a target in mind feel free to share

#6827 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:55 AM

High volumes this morning ahead of the results tomorrow. 3.6M shares in an hour.

#6828 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 04:36 PM

Indeed thats exactly what I have been saying all along. Shareholders own the company they appoint directors to do the business  therefore according to comapny act its shareholders that need to sue the directors. One shareholder cannot sue the other shareholder. Its the lawyers that wanting to make money confused all the shareholders in believing that SNH will pay them. Maybe there is an hidden agenda to purposely depress the share price and buy it low. One cannot trust anyone these days.Lawyers trying to use muscle tachniques to get SNH management to buckle and settle. This whole thing needs to end in court and best of all ask Wiese in the courts what was going on because he was chairman (how on earth did SNH buy MF after 3 day due deligent according to the news)  I dont believe in lighting bolt out of the blue.  

Interesting interview  the KWV deal:  

#6829 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 04:24 PM

This is extremely powerful....many cases in SA... Dutch and German if they don't follow this will require years of investigation evidence building.... And the question will always be who is liable... The existing company and shareholders or the directors... And deloitte..
Expect to see some really positive movement now even if it was just one case...

Indeed thats exactly what I have been saying all along. Shareholders own the company they appoint directors to do the business  therefore according to comapny act its shareholders that need to sue the directors. One shareholder cannot sue the other shareholder. Its the lawyers that wanting to make money confused all the shareholders in believing that SNH will pay them. Maybe there is an hidden agenda to purposely depress the share price and buy it low. One cannot trust anyone these days.Lawyers trying to use muscle tachniques to get SNH management to buckle and settle. This whole thing needs to end in court and best of all ask Wiese in the courts what was going on because he was chairman (how on earth did SNH buy MF after 3 day due deligent according to the news)  I dont believe in lighting bolt out of the blue.  

#6830 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 09:07 PM

This is extremely powerful....many cases in SA... Dutch and German if they don't follow this will require years of investigation evidence building.... And the question will always be who is liable... The existing company and shareholders or the directors... And deloitte..
Expect to see some really positive movement now even if it was just one case...

#6831 Burnt as well

Burnt as well

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 06:35 PM

(Bloomberg) --Steinhoff International Holdings NV got some respite on Friday as a Johannesburg high court dismissed a local class action suit brought against the global retailer after an accounting crisis in late 2017 caused its share price to collapse.
The application, by a retired pensioner who had bought shares for 80,000 rand ($4,606) between 2013 and 2016, is one of various mass action suits planned against the company. In 2018, several South African businesses, representing clients that held about 20% of Steinhoff’s stock before the uncovering of accounting irregularities, joined a class action by Dutch law firm BarentsKrans NV.

“I am aware that this conclusion will disappoint the expectations of Steinhoff shareholders that the law must be able to compensate them for their losses,” judge David Unterhalter said. “This does not mean that the shareholders are without remedy. It is for the Steinhoff companies to hold the Steinhoff directors and Deloitte liable for any breach of duty.”

Lawsuits replaced debt as Steinhoff’s most pressing concern after the retailer struck a deal with creditors to skip principal and interest payments on about 9 billion euros ($10 billion) of debt through 2021. Last month, a plan by Steinhoff to reduce legal costs by combining some of its biggest individual claimants into one case was rejected.

Steinhoff is “studying” Friday’s judgment and will “comment in due course,” it said in an emailed response to questions. The company plans to release 2019 annual earnings on June 30.

I wonder if this will set a precedent for future lawsuits at least in South Africa. Dutch law could have a different outcome

#6832 Burnt as well

Burnt as well

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 06:33 PM

(Bloomberg) --Steinhoff International Holdings NV got some respite on Friday as a Johannesburg high court dismissed a local class action suit brought against the global retailer after an accounting crisis in late 2017 caused its share price to collapse.
The application, by a retired pensioner who had bought shares for 80,000 rand ($4,606) between 2013 and 2016, is one of various mass action suits planned against the company. In 2018, several South African businesses, representing clients that held about 20% of Steinhoff’s stock before the uncovering of accounting irregularities, joined a class action by Dutch law firm BarentsKrans NV.

“I am aware that this conclusion will disappoint the expectations of Steinhoff shareholders that the law must be able to compensate them for their losses,” judge David Unterhalter said. “This does not mean that the shareholders are without remedy. It is for the Steinhoff companies to hold the Steinhoff directors and Deloitte liable for any breach of duty.”

Lawsuits replaced debt as Steinhoff’s most pressing concern after the retailer struck a deal with creditors to skip principal and interest payments on about 9 billion euros ($10 billion) of debt through 2021. Last month, a plan by Steinhoff to reduce legal costs by combining some of its biggest individual claimants into one case was rejected.

Steinhoff is “studying” Friday’s judgment and will “comment in due course,” it said in an emailed response to questions. The company plans to release 2019 annual earnings on June 30.

#6833 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 12:33 PM

Interesting looks like Conforama not being sold but merging with BUT.

https://www.lemonde....44116_3234.html

"Soon the outcome? Discussions have accelerated between the leaders of Conforama and the owners of its rival But in order to prepare a possible engagement between the two brands of furniture distribution. An alliance that would allow them to become the number one furniture in France with a quarter of the market, ahead of the Swedish giant Ikea.

After having unsuccessfully requested on March 18 a state guaranteed loan (PGE) of 320 million euros, Conforama was encouraged by the banks and the state to discuss with its competitor Aim to consider a merger, explained Helen Lee-Bouygues, president of the board of directors of Conforama Holding, to the unions at a meeting on May 29. The letter from Mobilux, the parent company of But, which she read to them, states that this "expression of interest" was made "at the request of CIRI" , the Bercy unit which helps companies in difficulty ."

#6834 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 08:04 PM

Half year they where sitting at a 600 Million loss. Now given the improvements and cost cuttings in all operating units an outcome of 0 to 200 Million would be amazing.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#6835 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 06:47 PM

Why would there be a loss.???

#6836 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 06:17 PM

Another interesting article about Conforama

https://www.lsa-cons...-risques,352514

#6837 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 06:07 PM

Very interesting to note is that volumes are quite high however price is not increasing like it always used to be before the release of financial results. Will we see a spike after results this time? 

Normally it was a pump before the numbers where released and then the drop. Will be interesting to see what it will do next week.

What are your guys prediction with regards to Revenue, EBITDA, Loss for the period, Equity and Cash?

My prediction are as follows:

Revenue - 12 to 13 billion € (Excl MF)

EBITDA - 0.8 to 0.9 Billion € (In addition MF around 50 to 100 Million €)

Loss for the period - I think 0 up to 200 Million € loss

Equity - Anything between 0 and 1 Billion €

Cash - I think between 2 and 3 Billion €

These are my own predictions with the latest information I have. What do you guys expect/predict? No recommendation to buy or sell.

Captain you still here?

Hi Andi, 

What is your estimate for the net debt value?

#6838 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 06:04 PM

Interesting article: https://bfmbusiness....fo-1938081.html

"Mobilux's current offer, analyzed by accounting experts from the CSEC, meets all of Conforama France's needs, since it includes all of the liabilities (including full funding of the PES - job protection plan , editor's note) and assets ", namely the Conforama brand, all establishments and all employees" with the exception of stores and employees affected by the PSE ", details FO, 2nd union of the furniture brand.

#6839 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 04:29 PM

Very interesting to note is that volumes are quite high however price is not increasing like it always used to be before the release of financial results. Will we see a spike after results this time? 

Normally it was a pump before the numbers where released and then the drop. Will be interesting to see what it will do next week.

What are your guys prediction with regards to Revenue, EBITDA, Loss for the period, Equity and Cash?

My prediction are as follows:

Revenue - 12 to 13 billion € (Excl MF)

EBITDA - 0.8 to 0.9 Billion € (In addition MF around 50 to 100 Million €)

Loss for the period - I think 0 up to 200 Million € loss

Equity - Anything between 0 and 1 Billion €

Cash - I think between 2 and 3 Billion €

These are my own predictions with the latest information I have. What do you guys expect/predict? No recommendation to buy or sell.

Captain you still here?

#6840 Everlearning

Everlearning

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 10:30 AM

IN, can't agree more, rediculous value in a number of shares.

The standout for me still remains Steinhoff and I will also mop up a bit more where I am able too and remain "long"!

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting