• Please log in to reply
9816 replies to this topic

#9761 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:20 PM

Do we buy or wait? Took some at sub 5 this morning.  As someone told me, maybe the pre-crash price was too high and the current price is too low.  

#9762 Investment novice

Investment novice

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:03 PM

board strengthened in keeping with banker demands.....hope this is the positive sign we looking for

#9763 Investment novice

Investment novice

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:30 AM

great festive season trading opportunity here...if banks are willing to roll over loan they probably would be somewhat convinced by Steinhoffs arguments and sustainability....this would set the share up for a mild recovery to track from R9 to R20 plus rands or even more if the analysts that are quite start to increase their holdings. if not then all hell breaks loose and this share will pretty much reach new lows???

does anyone have any further insight???

#9764 Snippit

Snippit

Anti-deluvian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • LocationGondwanaland

Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:05 AM

Such a fuss about some ethical stuff, without the Frankfurter listing there would be no fuss at all. We don't do that old hat morality cos we way ahead of all that. We bribe auditors as a matter of normal practice. We bribe and pay bribes all day long. Its the way of doing business. Ethics prevents business. Its one or the other not both.

1. Trusting strangers on an anonymous chat forum can be a risky business. Even more risky than the stock market.
  2. I have tried to warn the vulnerable, being those without adequate savvy: e.g.: https://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/sharechat-warning.html
  3. Vultures circle hereabouts. Give them control and say goodbye to your money. 
  4. Learning links: http://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/trader-links.html

#9765 Investment novice

Investment novice

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:11 AM

extremely valid point for medium term view- Thank you for your guidance.

short term trading environment though - and this is a rand hedge not knowing what transpires sunday and the market reaction.bank decision may stimulate some recovery to trade

#9766 Investment novice

Investment novice

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:11 AM

extremely valid point for medium term view- Thank you for your guidance.

short term trading environment though - and this is a rand hedge not knowing what transpires sunday and the market reaction.bank decision may stimulate some recovery to trade

#9767 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:31 AM

Few interesting points to note

1. SENS STAR this morning demonstrates value of underlying assets

2. increased governance measures

3. Steinhoff valuation less than the assets that are owned by it

4. analysts have a hold view- have not seen many calling for sell- definitely cant rate as buy due to their risk management policies

5. high volume trades consistently

6. large employee base

7. banks with vested interest that would rather see Steinhoff remain as a going concern to recoup debts rather than write off losses

8. Pension funds involvement

9. lots of public outcry and accusations on issues but the facts have yet to be disclosed. also tax avoidance is not a criminal act but tax evasion is

The above points may give one assurance on betting the house on this share.

on the 19th the probability of the banks agreeing to a rescue plan seems plausible- this may the one reason this share has not tanked to R1.  I expect this share to be range bound between R9-R11 until the 18th with surge on the close of business 18th. It may be that Banks respond already by the 18th so I would hazard that it is best to get in today???

ride the share for two weeks

what are your thoughts........

One must firstly be happy with what happened in previous years.

Fraud or genuine accounting mistake.

If fraud keep away

As yet no one seems to know

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#9768 Investment novice

Investment novice

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:25 AM

Few interesting points to note

1. SENS STAR this morning demonstrates value of underlying assets

2. increased governance measures

3. Steinhoff valuation less than the assets that are owned by it

4. analysts have a hold view- have not seen many calling for sell- definitely cant rate as buy due to their risk management policies

5. high volume trades consistently

6. large employee base

7. banks with vested interest that would rather see Steinhoff remain as a going concern to recoup debts rather than write off losses

8. Pension funds involvement

9. lots of public outcry and accusations on issues but the facts have yet to be disclosed. also tax avoidance is not a criminal act but tax evasion is

The above points may give one assurance on betting the house on this share.

on the 19th the probability of the banks agreeing to a rescue plan seems plausible- this may the one reason this share has not tanked to R1.  I expect this share to be range bound between R9-R11 until the 18th with surge on the close of business 18th. It may be that Banks respond already by the 18th so I would hazard that it is best to get in today???

ride the share for two weeks

what are your thoughts........

#9769 Investment novice

Investment novice

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:52 PM

good company with solid financials, I am guessing better ring fenced. try to get some at R15 or R16

#9770 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:10 PM

Anyone looking at STAR (Steinhoff African Retail) for the long run..? Tempted at these levels..

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#9771 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:29 PM

Where to from here? Dead cat bounce? Or, more downside till results (audited) are released (if ever released!)??

Anyone buying at these levels? Or, is it just too toxic to touch?

Any chance the share could be suspended??

I took a very small amount at 720c yesterday. I think newsflow is proving. Meeting with bankers implying results will be released. Someone buying, and not just shorts. Talk that non management insiders at steinhoff buying as well. Just wonder where that criminal jooste is?

Sent from my UMI_MAX using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#9772 Investment novice

Investment novice

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:48 PM

would the asset managers be buying to drive the price and reduce their average cost of holding the shares? with all the built up liability and criminality here you think this company would soon be dissected completely and sold off piecemeal.

#9773 Bullhunter

Bullhunter

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNorthcliff

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:04 PM

One has to wonder, who is buying!!

40% of SNH script was on loan i.e to short sellers. If short sellers want to close their position (take profit) they close by buying the actual shares.

Opportunities are made up easier than losses.

#9774 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:28 AM

One has to wonder, who is buying!!

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#9775 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:16 AM

Personally would not buy now, it essentially a gamble.

I would actually be worried if I held Shoprite, did Wiese know nothing?? Why did Whitey Basson cash out all his Shoprite? Would have thought it was a good place to keep at least some of your money??

#9776 Spree

Spree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:13 AM

Where to from here? Dead cat bounce? Or, more downside till results (audited) are released (if ever released!)??

Anyone buying at these levels? Or, is it just too toxic to touch?

Any chance the share could be suspended??

#9777 Procrastinator

Procrastinator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:36 PM

The most worrying aspect of this goof up is that the GEPF is showing a paper loss of 12 billion, Gigaba will use this as an excuse to hoof the board of the GEPF so that he can replace them with his operators. Would be very surprised if something like this is not on the cards.
Watch this space.....
Ramifications for SA could likely be very bad.
Where did those damn 10 baggers go?

#9778 Procrastinator

Procrastinator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:41 PM

Am sure I saw a sens from Steinhoff recently regarding a zero cost collar or something placed on futures markets by Weise over some shares, maybe a week or 2 ago, wonder if he was hedging a proper smack to his shares. If so wonder if JSE etc would be on to him for acting on his inside knowledge of the pending shitstorm.
Anyone else know, have deleted the sens.
Where did those damn 10 baggers go?

#9779 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:58 PM

We already had EOH, now Steinhoff...who is next??  My call Aspen!

All manipulated balance sheets whose profits just grow and grow unbelievably...issuing script

Skeletons has to show up sometime.

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#9780 Bullhunter

Bullhunter

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNorthcliff

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:37 PM

Nedgroup Opportunity fund had 7.25 million ( +134%) more Steinhoff International shares as at the 30th  Spetember 2017 versus 30th June 2017.

Eina!

Edited by Bullhunter, 06 December 2017 - 03:40 PM.

Opportunities are made up easier than losses.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting