15224 replies to this topic

#14641 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 04:40 PM

Hi..re setting sell limits i can set for a high or a low but not both...ideally i would like set it for my bottom price low as well as my top price sell for profit..i use alerts but any ideas re this? Im using fnb shares...thanks and all have good steinhoff free weekend:) ps also if you set say for a high and price starts dropping appears you cant reset and sell at your low price...

I have set an alert for bottom r2... Trigger to buy big.... Waiting to see if new investors entering.. Think most buyers were traders.. But there should be some end of month and first week investors...
Expecting old investors to start entering the market again to reduce their overall holding costs... Hope to see Pic.. Investec..Discovery.... Increasing holding....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#14642 Trader001

Trader001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:12 PM

Thanks Investment Novice, I found Aveng sharechat forum   called: Aveng (AEG) ...free lunch . Never knew it existed 

#14643 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 02:56 PM

Happy to participate in conversations... Can do it in that specific chat... This group.... For steinhoff madness... Unless aveng or Mr buy snh shares

Need time to get upto speed though... Have been following conversations but not knowledgeable about maNagement..company etc.... Hmm... Maybe a while before I comment... Snippit Ply.. Larry.. Jet Ram.. CASSIM.. Etc... May not alto more

#14644 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 02:46 PM

Hi..re setting sell limits i can set for a high or a low but not both...ideally i would like set it for my bottom price low as well as my top price sell for profit..i use alerts but any ideas re this? Im using fnb shares...thanks and all have good steinhoff free weekend:) ps also if you set say for a high and price starts dropping appears you cant reset and sell at your low price...

#14645 Trader001

Trader001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 27 July 2018 - 12:45 PM

I realize that this is most likely not the correct place to ask this question, however  I would like to Inquire, if a similar informative chat forum with comments is possible for  the Aveng takeover by Murray and Roberts (MR)  with ATON  in the background trying to stop this buyout of Aveng by MR. This is suppose to be coming into the limelight by mid- August on-wards according to these companies' SENS?

As most of you probably know; Aveng had a succesful Rights issue recently as a fore runner for the takeover by MR but ATON which is a major shareholder of MR seems to want to block this as it also recently acquired 25% of Aveng and has a big stake in MR.

#14646 Trader001

Trader001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 27 July 2018 - 12:45 PM

I realize that this is most likely not the correct place to ask this question, however  I would like to Inquire, if a similar informative chat forum with comments is possible for  the Aveng takeover by Murray and Roberts (MR)  with ATON  in the background trying to stop this buyout of Aveng by MR. This is suppose to be coming into the limelight by mid- August on-wards according to these companies' SENS?

As most of you probably know; Aveng had a succesful Rights issue recently as a fore runner for the takeover by MR but ATON which is a major shareholder of MR seems to want to block this as it also recently acquired 25% of Aveng and has a big stake in MR.

#14647 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 12:28 PM

Jip, Friday...

Everyone's already on the golf course or at the pub. The ones with money anyway...

#14648 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 10:14 AM

Rand strengthening puts pressure on steinhoff share.. Small movements. Look away..

#14649 Ram85

Ram85

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:36 AM

Agreed, I've had similar issues.

I'm looking to move most of the funds into tax free investments once I make some profits, but will definitely move to a better trading system later.

Any advise from other people regarding this? 

I'm moving my funds to ecsponent once I cash out. Tax-free does not yet give the returns I need. Ecsponet gives 11.2% but you're fixed for 5 years then. But still, 10k will become 17k in that time(compound interest is awesome). The other funds I'd rather push into my Retirement Annuity since I can get a nice bit back on that when I do efiling. Tax-free investments will only become attractive to me once I've reached my RA limit for the year(which i won't) since the interest offered is still too low in many cases. 

#14650 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:08 AM

Hi there, I'm also using Easy Equities. Please check out: https://za.investing...ational-hld-(j)

Once logged in you can set alerts. The biggest issue here is that the information is still delayed... I used this to sell out at a profit... but when I bought back in the difference cost me bad... my average share price went up from R2.77 to R3.18... Even though the share price said it was R2.84. Horrible experience. 

My advice is that you use EE for investing purposes only, meaning you have a fixed sellout point for both up's and downs. It's not suited for trading.

Agreed, I've had similar issues.

I'm looking to move most of the funds into tax free investments once I make some profits, but will definitely move to a better trading system later.

Any advise from other people regarding this? 

#14651 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:04 AM

The only way long term is up in my opinion..

#14652 Ram85

Ram85

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:03 AM

I'm trading on easy equities, can't set a stop loss. Do you know where I can set up alerts Mr IN?

Hi there, I'm also using Easy Equities. Please check out: https://za.investing...ational-hld-(j)

Once logged in you can set alerts. The biggest issue here is that the information is still delayed... I used this to sell out at a profit... but when I bought back in the difference cost me bad... my average share price went up from R2.77 to R3.18... Even though the share price said it was R2.84. Horrible experience. 

My advice is that you use EE for investing purposes only, meaning you have a fixed sellout point for both up's and downs. It's not suited for trading.

#14653 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:52 AM

set a stop loss, or an alert- to do exactly that- can adjust it based on your daily thoughts.

but watching a share and the intra day variability is a waste of time. if there are massive swings then your stop loss or alert will kick in and protect you.

if you watch the share you become an emotive trader and are more likely to lose your money...speaking from personal experience..trading or investing should be done formally with rules that you set yourself based on your strategy........if you don't agree with the guidance---please read and seek professional training in markets especially if youre a novice like me...have learnt tons from guidance from snippit already and Polly...

I'm trading on easy equities, can't set a stop loss. Do you know where I can set up alerts Mr IN?

#14654 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:51 AM

My opinion is Friday is normally a selloff day, but let's hope there's some positive movement before the weekend starts.

Been a frustrating week for most of us.

Generally I feel quite bullish about snh

I feel the same ....well have been bull since December---I am the type that will buy the sick puppy at the petshop

there is enough information to remain neutral or bullish for the next 3 years!

the share value base is low.....with a neutral on the share expect recovery and salvage value to be higher than what is priced........; with a bull...ceiling is difficult to predict......

#14655 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:51 AM

SNH on JSE traded almost 48 million shares yesterday. http://www.sharedata...uote.aspx?c=SNH

According to https://www.tradingv...SNH/technicals/ the share is a buy is you look short term

Bonds are hanging in there around 77 https://www.boerse-b...in=XS1650590349

I will appreciate your opinions/thoughts/trading ideas. I am looking to trade to get back to value of around R3 per share to break even

#14656 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:47 AM

Dont think that you can afford that approach with this company. SENS  and news articles about this company are released almost every second or third day with either positive or negative news meaning you have to be ready to pull the trigger at any given moment in terms of buy\sell sentiment on the share price. Not for the faint-hearted. 

set a stop loss, or an alert- to do exactly that- can adjust it based on your daily thoughts.

but watching a share and the intra day variability is a waste of time. if there are massive swings then your stop loss or alert will kick in and protect you.

if you watch the share you become an emotive trader and are more likely to lose your money...speaking from personal experience..trading or investing should be done formally with rules that you set yourself based on your strategy........if you don't agree with the guidance---please read and seek professional training in markets especially if youre a novice like me...have learnt tons from guidance from snippit already and Polly...

#14657 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:40 AM

My opinion is Friday is normally a selloff day, but let's hope there's some positive movement before the weekend starts.

Been a frustrating week for most of us.

Generally I feel quite bullish about snh

#14658 Spell Jammer

Spell Jammer

• PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:22 AM

Some friendly advice... Dont buy shares and watch them every minute... Set stop losses to sell when a base is reached or an alert when a top is reached...

You will drive yourself batty looking at daily fluctuations... If you look at frankfurt today price all over the place... And now recovering.. As an example... If you in pain looking at shares or hungry counting gains.. Need therapy... Alcoholics anonymous

Dont think that you can afford that approach with this company. SENS  and news articles about this company are released almost every second or third day with either positive or negative news meaning you have to be ready to pull the trigger at any given moment in terms of buy\sell sentiment on the share price. Not for the faint-hearted. 

Edited by Spell Jammer, 27 July 2018 - 07:32 AM.

#14659 Trader001

Trader001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 26 July 2018 - 11:09 PM

I really enjoy reading all the comments on this chat forum..it is very informative. The stop loss idea is very good because....I agree...watching the share price all day is driving me nuts. I first bought at R11 then more at about R4  and then the bulk at R1.80...so my average shareprice and risk to losing a lot came down significantly to about R2.07. Will also sell if it hits R7 or R7.50

Willy P 

#14660 Trader001

Trader001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 26 July 2018 - 11:09 PM

I really enjoy reading all the comments on this chat forum..it is very informative. The stop loss idea is very good because....I agree...watching the share price all day is driving me nuts. I first bought at R11 then more at about R4  and then the bulk at R1.80...so my average shareprice and risk to losing a lot came down significantly to about R2.07. Will also sell if it hits R7 or R7.50

Willy P 

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting