• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#61 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 11:55 AM

If not gold, then what other topic do I need to be posting in? 

:) 

Oh the stress. I had such high hopes for gold this year. Specially Harmony and Sibanye. One would think good governance counts for something. Anyway, thanks guys. Seems I won't be able to make up my losses at the moment. Just lick my wounds and pray to all the deity's that there is still money to be made somewhere.

U can post in any topic, the more you diversify the more u will learn. Maybe just sell a portion and keep a portion of your gold shares. I am down 17% on my DRD, but will ride it bit longer
jaDEB

I got my heebie-jeebies in a hidden bag

Oasis

#62 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 31 August 2016 - 10:44 AM

If not gold, then what other topic do I need to be posting in? 

Oh the stress. I had such high hopes for gold this year. Specially Harmony and Sibanye. One would think good governance counts for something. Anyway, thanks guys. Seems I won't be able to make up my losses at the moment. Just lick my wounds and pray to all the deity's that there is still money to be made somewhere. 

#63 myusuf

myusuf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:48 AM

Just an opinion could be way wrong - the whole gold board has ridiculous PE ratios based on current earnings

What do we know

The dollar is going to strengthen - US interest rates - that's a definite downward of 10% in gold price until year end possibly

This is the overall driver of the gold share

What we unsure off

The RAND - This could go wither way - R30 = Jackpot or Zuma resigns or is removed and we are R10

Look at the risk above and I would stay away until we have certainty or be a day trader - always sell before the close of trade on gold shares if you day trading.

#64 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:24 AM

Opinions welcome ... on this. 

I'm thinking of selling while I still have some in the green. Wait for a turn around in SGL and HAR (seems almost to be in freefall) and then get back on the train, rather than seeing my profits whither away a little each day. I don't have access to all the technical indicators or the theories regarding movements I.E inverted arrows, head and shoulders, upside down greeting dog and the like. Need to fix it really. 

Anyone!? 

#65 Bits

Bits

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:08 PM

DRD posted today...

Gold miners getting properly punished on speculation that Fed will raise rates by a yuuge 0.25%. .

$ Gold price down, and yet, look at R gold price..   DRD a R earner, with relatively stable R costs.. So I'm willing to take the correction, bank any Divvy's, and see what transpires long term.

#66 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 30 August 2016 - 03:41 PM

DRD posted today...

Most to all of them are profitable. Dividends for days! (for the first time in years). Yet looking at the pricing one wouldn't think it. As Bits said... .in for the long haul... in sickness and in health.

In Armstrong we believe.

#67 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:52 AM

In the wise words of the youth. This sucks! All my possible profits wiped out in 10 days. I was 50% on Harmony, 10% on Implats, 40% on Sibanye, 3% on DRD. Now I'm waiting that I can break even. Some might call it greed. But I was hoping to be doubled up the end of this year. Brexit, Zumagate, it was looking good..... Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away Now it looks as though they're here to stay Oh, I believe in yesterday Suddenly, I'm not half the portfolio I used to be There's a shadow hanging over me. Oh, yesterday came suddenly

:lol:

#68 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• 2,951 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:49 AM

Bought at R9.15

Revenue rose to R2.4billion (R2.1 billion). Results from operating activities also increased to R119.5 million (R94.9 million). Profit attributable to equity owners came in at R61.9 million (R67.8 million). Furthermore, headline earnings per share of 12.7cps was recorded (headline earnings per share of 9.9cps).

Dividend
The DRDGOLD board has declared a final dividend of 12 cents per ordinary share for the six months ended 30 June 2016.

Prospects
The potential long term benefits of the Brakpan/Withok Tailings Complex will be realised if ErgoÆs volume throughput is stable and recoveries consistent. This in turn is inexorably linked to the enablers of the group's short term production targets, namely steady volume throughput, costs and extraction efficiencies. The company's continued focus remains to improve its systems and encourage behaviours that will achieve these goals.
jaDEB

Oasis

#69 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 29 August 2016 - 12:01 PM

In the wise words of the youth. This sucks! All my possible profits wiped out in 10 days. I was 50% on Harmony, 10% on Implats, 40% on Sibanye, 3% on DRD. Now I'm waiting that I can break even. Some might call it greed. But I was hoping to be doubled up the end of this year. Brexit, Zumagate, it was looking good..... Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away Now it looks as though they're here to stay Oh, I believe in yesterday Suddenly, I'm not half the portfolio I used to be There's a shadow hanging over me. Oh, yesterday came suddenly

#70 myusuf

myusuf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:20 PM

Platinum is high risk - more risky than gold but it may shoot the lights out due to the Demand now starting to outweigh supply

But not in RSA - Our unions strike more than they work

#71 Bits

Bits

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:27 PM

Help a newbie out. 

Who is this Armstrong? Not the man on the moon Armstrong, but someone with their feet firmly planted in the affairs of us mortals?  :D

Sommer a bloke with an interesting history.. and even more interesting view of the 'future'.. armstrongeconomics 

#72 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• 2,951 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:00 PM

I think I saw that they are re-thinking their platinum strategy , may not buy. Might be that.
jaDEB

Oasis

#73 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• 2,951 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:59 PM

Was wondering the same, results was not bad. I is confused......
jaDEB

Oasis

#74 myusuf

myusuf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 12:40 PM

Why is Sibanye 10% down  - I believe its way way over valued but why down 10% today specifically

#75 TheConflict

TheConflict

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationJhb

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:46 AM

Got smashed, like AB smashes a back of a length delivery, from a medium pacer......at the Wanderers...while his inform....and the Proteas are wearing pink....

You win some you lose some...

#76 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:44 AM

Help a newbie out. 

Who is this Armstrong? Not the man on the moon Armstrong, but someone with their feet firmly planted in the affairs of us mortals?  :D

Fwiw, Armstrong was seeing another bear assault on Gold before a sustained rise.. Will be interesting to see how that pans out.. I'm betrothed nonetheless, on a longer term view.

#77 TheConflict

TheConflict

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationJhb

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:43 AM

I never liked trading anyway...

You win some you lose some...

#78 myusuf

myusuf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:07 PM

Well the filthy greedy dogs will make gold shares shine tomorrow after they just raped treasury and the rand

#79 myusuf

myusuf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:30 PM

If you going to go for Gold - go for the ones which are not mining here mainly

Strike potentials - can destroy the profit in 1 month for a year

If Rand gets to R11,50 - R12 - higher Gold price doesn't help  - Our mines are very high cost - high wages

the shares are on already very high PE ratios. X 20 if you look at Harmony / Sibanye/ Drd X 30+

If Gold goes down these companies can go bust very fast due to their High input costs

For me the Gold companies should be short term trades - long term too risky

#80 Bits

Bits

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:34 PM

Fwiw, Armstrong was seeing another bear assault on Gold before a sustained rise.. Will be interesting to see how that pans out.. I'm betrothed nonetheless, on a longer term view.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting