#41 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:26 AM

It was called ... like a stock ninja! ... :) 

"trump jump may be closer than u know"

09:25 Gold is up 4.90% 

I'm still holding on to my Harmony and DRDGOLD ... which unfortunately has seen a bit of a butchering. 

#42 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 15 November 2016 - 05:35 AM

Agree

Its a supermoon trumpdump sale

Not your typical empty handed guesswork... and with supporting R/$ prognosis shown elsewhere

What more do the great ungrateful rainbow of self seeking tribes and upstarts expect for nothing?

Get back crazed horde leave my shirt alone

http://tinyurl.com/huzmw22

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#43 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 14 November 2016 - 12:33 PM

Should be accumulating gold as they drop.... Still showing positive divergence on charts so beware the trump jump may be closer than u know

Agree

Its a supermoon trumpdump sale

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#44 Ninja

Ninja

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 14 November 2016 - 10:52 AM

Should be accumulating gold as they drop.... Still showing positive divergence on charts so beware the trump jump may be closer than u know

#45 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 14 November 2016 - 09:49 AM

A moment of silence for Gold.... 

It did so well.... Was the glory share of yonder months and now, rated almost to junk. Not unlike the state of our nation.  

It was a tumultuous year. Unfortunately I'm in two minds. Down 30% on Harmony. Down 30% on DRD.... 

#46 SLEEKONE

SLEEKONE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 03:55 PM

Did you take your own advice....As per the other thread......Buy Gold ASAP.....?

The move to make now is into cash.....You may miss many opportunities but you'll live to trade/invest many more days still to come....That's my call....Only holding onto WSL,COH & CCO

I unfortunately did, but the market seems to have taken the news very well, albeit Nasdaq is down. For now i will have to track the Us dollar index, which hopefully will be down in the coming weeks.

The ultimate profit hunter

#47 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:05 PM

Gold is getting a hiding. Us dollar index at all time high

Did you take your own advice....As per the other thread......Buy Gold ASAP.....?

The move to make now is into cash.....You may miss many opportunities but you'll live to trade/invest many more days still to come....That's my call....Only holding onto WSL,COH & CCO

Anyone need a heads up...!

#48 SLEEKONE

SLEEKONE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:08 AM

Gold is getting a hiding. Us dollar index at all time high

#49 myusuf

myusuf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:41 PM

All are in for hiding but the RSA based ones more so

#50 SLEEKONE

SLEEKONE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:36 PM

PE Ratios were too high
Gold is set to fall until the US actually raises its interest rates
Rand gold price has always been falling
Labour unrest for the ones that have south African interests

Tomorrow is bloodbath X 2 - gold last at levels months ago 1267$

Rand is still sub R14

Harmony / DRD/ Sibanye/ Pan in for hiding

What about Goldfields and Ashanti. I feel sorry for people who are holding gold stocks.

#51 myusuf

myusuf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:32 PM

PE Ratios were too high

Gold is set to fall until the US actually raises its interest rates

Rand gold price has always been falling

Labour unrest for the ones that have south African interests

Tomorrow is bloodbath X 2 - gold last at levels months ago 1267$

Rand is still sub R14

Harmony / DRD/ Sibanye/ Pan in for hiding

#52 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:33 PM

Gold shares have been way overvalued - finally some sense

What makes you feel that it was overvalued? Just out of curiosity. 

#53 myusuf

myusuf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 03:38 PM

Gold shares have been way overvalued - finally some sense

#54 Bits

Bits

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 03:48 PM

"Non-farm payrolls disappoint".. Gosh, who coulda seen that coming. Let's see if it's Goldilocks time to eat.

#55 myusuf

myusuf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 11:17 AM

Just be patient

I am 70k down on SCP - Ave cost is R1,9 and price is R1,42 now - 70k down

#56 SouthAfricanMi.com

SouthAfricanMi.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 10:39 AM

It is a sad day in my life. I can totally understand why brokers jump out of windows and the like. 

So I decided to sell SGL and HMY. Div's wouldn't have made up my losses. ( just watch them spike tomorrow). Overall watching the markets I can't help but feel it is a bit of a massacre out there. Even though the Gold R price is looking good and I have this nagging voice telling me I I should have waited. But I've been watching my 45% profit ebb to a 18% and 38% to 14%, while taking hits at DRD which I bought at R12. 

Two weeks ago I was feeling good. Today I'm down R70k. 

Stock Exchange thou art a heartless mistress. 

That being said. I now have R200k. What to do? 

These things happen. As Jadeb said be gald you didnt hold MPC.

Nenegate gave us a hiding. We were long CML and SLM at the time. And got burnt big time, held our positions though, had loads of cash to cover margin calls. Now things are a lot rosier again :)

#57 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• 2,951 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 10:19 AM

It is a sad day in my life. I can totally understand why brokers jump out of windows and the like. 

So I decided to sell SGL and HMY. Div's wouldn't have made up my losses. ( just watch them spike tomorrow). Overall watching the markets I can't help but feel it is a bit of a massacre out there. Even though the Gold R price is looking good and I have this nagging voice telling me I I should have waited. But I've been watching my 45% profit ebb to a 18% and 38% to 14%, while taking hits at DRD which I bought at R12. 

u could have been in Mr Price, do not give up
jaDEB

I got my heebie-jeebies in a hidden bag

Oasis

#58 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:44 PM

I would keep your money in the bank for now sommerso

We are in for a volatile few weeks ahead. A lot will hinge on local political issues and the case against our finance minister. Looming rate hikes in the USA are also making things a bit wobbly at the moment.

You are probably in a good position to take a step back and watch things for a bit before plunging your money back in.

That's my opinion though

#59 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:33 PM

#60 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:28 PM

Agreed Gold should be in your portfolio but in the short term will come in for a batterring. you may have 2 rate hikes which you would think would be a good rand hedge but unfortunately the HMY price can take quite a beating in the US. I still maintain HAR is overbought due to the Frenzy and should trade around R33 (I previously thought R38). The company has massive risks on the book and a poor reputation. I will look to buy a lot more at those levels and wait for stability in gold price lead by international demand rather than rates cycles

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting