4 replies to this topic

#1 TheConflict

TheConflict

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationJhb

Posted 28 September 2016 - 03:58 PM

CFD's are a good way of using leverage to increase your exposure. The fact that they are leveraged(you are lending cash or scrip from the bank)  means that your losses can exceed initial capital and you can very quickly owe the bank money, if you are not careful.

I use SBK online share trading, because they offer a wide variety of instruments including CFDs.

I suggest attending a few seminars on CFD trading (SBK online share trading offers them, as do IG Markets) before getting in. 

You win some you lose some...

#2 Function

Function

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationTarantula Nabula

Posted 15 September 2016 - 10:28 AM

Open a demo , read as much as you can, and leverage is not your friend.

#3 Magnet

Magnet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 09:34 AM

Me as well  - I trade shares but am scared to do cfds - unsure of the mechanics. its a bit unclear

I use IG.  CFD is not for investing.  You get in, you get out.  If you make a wrong equity call, or the business goes under you could be living on the streets very soon. Best to use it for spots and forex with tight stops.

#4 myusuf

myusuf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:48 AM

Me as well  - I trade shares but am scared to do cfds - unsure of the mechanics. its a bit unclear

#5 LouahZA

LouahZA

• Pip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 15 September 2016 - 07:03 AM

I am interested and learning more about CFD trading, so far I have just invested in shares over the last 5 years or so.

Where would be a good place to start?and good online resources?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting