• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 N3rd1

N3rd1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:51 AM

The suspension seems to be related to the auditors raising certain 'going concern' issues with STA. STA have a negative NAV and are looking at raising funds soon. There are other issues as well.

Run, run away as fast as you can

It can't be that. I don't think you understand that correctly. Companies have this resolution in place, but it comes with T&Cs. It is usually just a small percentage of the shares and is used to keep in treasury.

If a company is going to repurchase ALL of its shares, they will need to make their intention known and they will effectively be delisting the company. This will be done as a buyout and all share holders will be given an offer price.

Maybe drop them an email to clarify this for you.

Thank you for the explanation. I will drop them an email and see what they say :)

#2 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:39 AM

The suspension seems to be related to the auditors raising certain 'going concern' issues with STA. STA have a negative NAV and are looking at raising funds soon. There are other issues as well.

Run, run away as fast as you can

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#3 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:39 PM

It can't be that. I don't think you understand that correctly. Companies have this resolution in place, but it comes with T&Cs. It is usually just a small percentage of the shares and is used to keep in treasury.

If a company is going to repurchase ALL of its shares, they will need to make their intention known and they will effectively be delisting the company. This will be done as a buyout and all share holders will be given an offer price.

Maybe drop them an email to clarify this for you.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#4 N3rd1

N3rd1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:47 PM

If the shares are suspended, then there is nothing you can do. Do you know why this share has been suspended?

I am assuming its because at their recent AGM a special resolution was passed for the company to repurchase all of its shares. Could it be because of that?

#5 N3rd1

N3rd1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:43 PM

I am assuming its because at their recent AGM a special resolution was passed for the company to repurchase all of its shares. Could it be because of that?

#6 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:27 PM

If the shares are suspended, then there is nothing you can do. Do you know why this share has been suspended?

#7 N3rd1

N3rd1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:06 PM

Hi 

Does anyone know whats happening with StratCorp Ltd. Bought a few shares a month back and I cant sell them because the shares have been suspended. Anyone know whats going on or what I should do?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting