#241 DreyerSmit

DreyerSmit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:01 PM

So construction and the FS will be available "imminently"       :D  :D  :D  :D

Hoping the rerate happens shortly after then 

Yeah the 'imminent' arrival of the FS is giving us all ulcers. 

#242 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:53 AM

Hi, 

The DMP approved the Mining proposal today, so construction should begin shortly along with the Feasibility study

So construction and the FS will be available "imminently"       :D  :D  :D  :D

Hoping the rerate happens shortly after then 

#243 DreyerSmit

DreyerSmit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:46 AM

Hi Dreyer,

You are registered on this forum, can you check what this news is? 

https://hotcopper.co...reg-jpg.625956/

Regards

Hi, 

The DMP approved the Mining proposal today, so construction should begin shortly along with the Feasibility study

#244 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:35 AM

Hi Dreyer,

You are registered on this forum, can you check what this news is? 

https://hotcopper.co...reg-jpg.625956/

Regards

#245 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:06 PM

Fall baby fall and let poppa buy some at 200c.

#246 CrescoRSA

CrescoRSA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:05 AM

Everyone is waiting the feasibility study due in the next 3 weeks. Lots of excitement on the other threads regarding this one. 

Down under and in SA is don't really follow each other. Volume down under are 10x what they are here. I've seen ASX close 4% down and JSE close 10% up. So I'm not too concerned with the hammering it is taking. SoleTrader will agree with me, his data shows the two prices trending. 

Seems we are at an impasse, stuck with a prisoners dilemma here. If we all sell, we can run the price down sub R2 and try and pick up this share at lower prices. If we act prudently and just hold on to our shares (as I assume we all believe this share to make us some money) the price can stay stable. For me to speculate won't be a possibility as the price jumps 10 and 20% and 30 and 40% in the blink of an eye and my day job doesn't allow me to keep a hawk eye on this one. Though I am actively monitoring it. 

As for me, I'm averaging at R2.87 at the moment, hopefully this week I'll be buying another R70k at somewhere between my average and R2 a share. 

There is monies to be made here. I'm staying in this for the long term. My 35000 shares is staying right in my portfolio. :)

Agreed - I'm going to take a small punt at these levels. If it gets lower, will just add more. I'm getting into this one for the long term, as there is still LOTS of upside yet to come

#247 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:28 PM

Everyone is waiting the feasibility study due in the next 3 weeks. Lots of excitement on the other threads regarding this one.

Down under and in SA is don't really follow each other. Volume down under are 10x what they are here. I've seen ASX close 4% down and JSE close 10% up. So I'm not too concerned with the hammering it is taking. SoleTrader will agree with me, his data shows the two prices trending.

Seems we are at an impasse, stuck with a prisoners dilemma here. If we all sell, we can run the price down sub R2 and try and pick up this share at lower prices. If we act prudently and just hold on to our shares (as I assume we all believe this share to make us some money) the price can stay stable. For me to speculate won't be a possibility as the price jumps 10 and 20% and 30 and 40% in the blink of an eye and my day job doesn't allow me to keep a hawk eye on this one. Though I am actively monitoring it.

As for me, I'm averaging at R2.87 at the moment, hopefully this week I'll be buying another R70k at somewhere between my average and R2 a share.

There is monies to be made here. I'm staying in this for the long term. My 35000 shares is staying right in my portfolio. :)

I hear you, it's very illiquid here in SA. I like lithium too, with this electric car wave surging, Tawana will definitely benefit. It being the only lithium miner on the JSE is another plus. I'm rooting for taw.

#248 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:21 AM

#249 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:22 AM

This thing is getting hammered down under. It wouldn't be wise to buy it at the current SA price. It's been hyped waaay too much

#250 CrescoRSA

CrescoRSA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:25 PM

Looking very interesting now  :)

Any sign of it going lower though??? Where could this be in the next 5 years?

#251 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:08 PM

Lithium price unlikely to rise more...
Macquarie research (April 2017) expects price of lithium is peaking and to decrease over next 2 years....

Also flow batteries which need vanadium and Aluminium batteries which are being developed are serious threats...

Aluminium has 3 electrons in its outer shell as opposed to Lithium which has 1...
So Al charges faster .. has more energy density and is significantly cheaper...
Watch out because technology is moving fast in this area...

I appreciate that Hemel, technology is really moving fast, but i think it'll be a little while before they can replace lithium.

#252 Halfday

Halfday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • LocationMosselbay

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:57 PM

"Tawana and AMAL has committed all 2018 and 2019 lithium Ore concentrate that comes from the planned Bald Hill Lithium and Tantalum project for a fix price of $880US/t"

What if the price of lithium surges in this period of 2018-2019? This doesn't sound good. I may be wrong, can anybody help me understand this.

Lithium price unlikely to rise more...

Macquarie research (April 2017) expects price of lithium is  peaking and  to decrease over next 2 years....

Also flow batteries which need vanadium  and Aluminium batteries which are being developed are serious threats...

Aluminium has 3 electrons in its outer shell as opposed to Lithium which has 1...

So Al charges faster .. has more energy density and is significantly cheaper...

Watch out because technology is moving fast in this area...

#253 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:08 PM

"Tawana and AMAL has committed all 2018 and 2019 lithium Ore concentrate that comes from the planned Bald Hill Lithium and Tantalum project for a fix price of $880US/t"

What if the price of lithium surges in this period of 2018-2019? This doesn't sound good. I may be wrong, can anybody help me understand this.

#254 DreyerSmit

DreyerSmit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:40 AM

Agree with all the points you raised. My only fear is some alternative technology to replace lithium if the metals price gets too high. But I would guess we are some years from that point. Lets enjoy the ride!

The only alternative that has seen a lot of hype is graphite (carbon nano-tubes), which they use for basically everything in experiments. But that's quite some time away. Unless they make some major breakthrough, Lithium will remain the top dog.

#255 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:11 AM

Agree with all the points you raised. My only fear is some alternative technology to replace lithium if the metals price gets too high. But I would guess we are some years from that point. Lets enjoy the ride!

Check out this link regarding Lithium future 

#256 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:40 PM

IMO one of the few shares on the JSE worth investing in at the moment... exciting growth curve regarding EV / Rand hedge/ only lithium share on JSE / Low volatility...

#257 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:05 PM

IMO one of the few shares on the JSE worth investing in at the moment... exciting growth curve regarding EV / Rand hedge/ only lithium share on JSE / Low volatility... 

#258 DreyerSmit

DreyerSmit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:05 PM

AMAL made the resource estimation announcement 

http://infopub.sgx.c...t&FileID=457647

#259 DreyerSmit

DreyerSmit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:56 PM

Trading Halt called on ASX 

Yeah, the feasibility study might be released. Might have some good news. 

#260 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:11 AM

Trading Halt called on ASX 

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting