sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:10 AM

This is a good day to top up. 

What concerns me, is that merger is only happening in a few months and until then, we are shipping and resource upgrade and take off agreements. 

There is still time up until then. 

I'm not selling.

#62 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 06 April 2018 - 08:38 PM

I appreciate all your interest and proactiveness regarding this matter. My workload is such that I cannot always check up on all my admin. So all of this info helps a helluva lot. From that I gathered also is that the merger is a few months away still. As good as it is getting all the required info I think that perhaps JSE is a forgotten entity at the moment and that they didn't really think about us regarding the AMAL merger as well as the SpinCo shares. 

We are still due them. 

We could perhaps start buying up ALL the shares on the JSE that way we aren't this small shareholder anymore and we can make our voices heard! 

#63 Hemper9

Hemper9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:27 PM

I trade in the bracket where you do not need clearance from SARS, cannot recall what that amount was/is.. Problem with opening brokerage accounts that allow you to trade on the ASX is the huge opening deposit/initial investment amount.. ABSA and STB dropped trading on ASX due to the cost involved.. Or am I missing something?

Apologies, going off topic here but would my current TAW share value allow me to open one of those offshore accounts with a $10 000 minimum initial investment amount? I.e. if I transfer to say SAXO they would allow me to open the account based on TAW share value? I am a complete novice, just asking for advice, would probably better giving them a call directly I know  :rolleyes:

#64 Hemper9

Hemper9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:59 PM

Guys u can trade anywhere in the world provided you :

GET CLEARANCE FROM SARS

If not you cant....

I trade in the bracket where you do not need clearance from SARS, cannot recall what that amount was/is.. Problem with opening brokerage accounts that allow you to trade on the ASX is the huge opening deposit/initial investment amount.. ABSA and STB dropped trading on ASX due to the cost involved.. Or am I missing something?

#65 Agent47

Agent47

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:54 PM

@Hemper9 - Saxo in Aus - https://www.home.saxo/en-au/

But, I am sure you can open a local Saxo account and also trade abroad on various markets. I have a very specific reason for going directly to Aussie Saxo.

#66 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:46 PM

Guys u can trade anywhere in the world provided you :

GET CLEARANCE FROM SARS

If not you cant....

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#67 Hemper9

Hemper9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:42 PM

Will pm his email to you in a few minutes

Thanks for this!

Is this the "Saxo" you are referring to? https://www.home.saxo/en-za/

In addition to transferring my current TAW shares I would also like the option to buy on the ASX directly.. Would this account allow buying equities, or only CFD's?

Edited by Hemper9, 05 April 2018 - 01:42 PM.

#68 Agent47

Agent47

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:12 PM

Will pm his email to you in a few minutes

#69 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:10 PM

I am in contact with Saxo in Aus. Confirmed with Thomas at Saxo that he can assist with transfer.
We have not discussed the details around this yet. Will send him a mail later to get more detail.

I am also not very happy about us JSE holders being left in the lurch. But no way I am selling now.

Agree Im also holding! 

Can you share your "Thomas" contact details at Saxo? I would also like him to assist me... maybe he can give a us a group rate if there are more interested shareholders?

#70 Agent47

Agent47

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:58 AM

I am in contact with Saxo in Aus. Confirmed with Thomas at Saxo that he can assist with transfer.
We have not discussed the details around this yet. Will send him a mail later to get more detail.

I am also not very happy about us JSE holders being left in the lurch. But no way I am selling now.

#71 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:45 AM

Merger with AMAL announced. To be listed on ASX and SGX.
Scanned through the sens, didnt see anything about JSE.

I also confirmed with an Aussie broker that holdings can be transfered from JSE to ASX. I'll get that ball rolling next week.

My broker STD online share trading has just confirmed that dematerialised shares can be electronically transfererd to the ASX ( I await their correspondence and share accordingly), we need a good broker in OZ who can assist, any suggestions?

I have messaged the hotcopper forum regarding some of the concerns and advice on brokers that can assist with the transferring of shares.

Not impressed with the lack of info from TAW management regarding JSE shareholders in lieu of merger!

Edited by Dusty Mountain, 05 April 2018 - 11:49 AM.

#72 Agent47

Agent47

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:24 AM

Mail sent

#73 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:49 AM

Trying to get dual listed Tawana JSE shares transferred to the ASX seems to be quite a frustrating process, neither my broker (Standard bank online share trading) or the administrators seem to know the exact protocols involved?

STD OST: Been 2 weeks with no positive resolution, now escalated to broker settlements and await their feedback...

Computershare:  According to Leon Naidoo,

• our brokers need to receive our instruction to materialise our shares and we receive the share certificates.
  • We need to take the share certificates to our bank that can accommodate exchange control and get them stamped "non-resident".
  • Our broker them need to apply to straight regulator for the removal process and to have the shares (assets) removed from the JSE.
  • Our broker then need to apply to Exchange control to have the shares (assets) transferred to Australia, we need a ASX broker to assist in the process.
  • Comply with Australian exchange control through broker.
  • Tawana share registry administrators in Australia need to incorporate our shares onto the  Australian share registry.
  • Australian broker can then assist to dematerialise shares onto one of the ASX trading platforms

Dont take my word for it that this process is 100% but at least gives us an indication of the way forward until we receive more information to shed some light on this matter.

I  implore all JSE shareholders who are interested in this endeavour to contact your brokers and we can share the information to assist each other.

This I feel is really important as should Tawana delist from the JSE, we will receive our share certificates of a unlisted public company, which can still be traded willing buyer/seller through either a appointed Tawana administrator or if no administrator appointed we could use a lawyer. This imo will have a negative effect on the price we could sell the shares for...

I have sent a email to Tawana australia to assist and advise us in this possible predicament.

Please email admin@tawana.com.au as concerned shareholders to request clarity on this matter and the options on moving forward...

The more people email the quicker we will receive a reply to our concerns.

#74 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:09 AM

Trying to get dual listed Tawana JSE shares transferred to the ASX seems to be quite a frustrating process, neither my broker (Standard bank online share trading) or the administrators seem to know the exact protocols involved?

STD OST: Been 2 weeks with no positive resolution, now escalated to broker settlements and await their feedback...

Computershare:  According to Leon Naidoo,

• our brokers need to receive our instruction to materialise our shares and we receive the share certificates.
  • We need to take the share certificates to our bank that can accommodate exchange control and get them stamped "non-resident".
  • Our broker them need to apply to straight regulator for the removal process and to have the shares (assets) removed from the JSE.
  • Our broker then need to apply to Exchange control to have the shares (assets) transferred to Australia, we need a ASX broker to assist in the process.
  • Comply with Australian exchange control through broker.
  • Tawana share registry administrators in Australia need to incorporate our shares onto the  Australian share registry.
  • Australian broker can then assist to dematerialise shares onto one of the ASX trading platforms

Dont take my word for it that this process is 100% but at least gives us an indication of the way forward until we receive more information to shed some light on this matter.

I  implore all JSE shareholders who are interested in this endeavour to contact your brokers and we can share the information to assist each other.

#75 Agent47

Agent47

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:52 AM

Merger with AMAL announced. To be listed on ASX and SGX.
Scanned through the sens, didnt see anything about JSE.

I also confirmed with an Aussie broker that holdings can be transfered from JSE to ASX. I'll get that ball rolling next week.

#76 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:33 PM

From what i have gathered, there have been some major rainfalls at the plant, which is impacting on production. So the results may surprise to the downside, a buying opportunity IMO.  The SA price is still trading at a premium to the AUS price, no need to rush in yet. 

#77 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:22 AM

Copied from Hotcopper refer Von Yeol

Hi All,

I attended today's presentation at the battery conference, my company had a spare ticket clear.png

Some interesting questions were asked during the Q and A session, Mark did a good job.

My key takeaways:

1) Mark alluded to Spinco enabling the merger of AMAL and TAW to happen more simply from a corporate perspective i.e. two equal halves merging together,  hard to value Cowan's potential at this stage
2) Mark said I quote "the merger is definitely being considered after the recent departure of AMAL's CEO" 
3) Mark was planning to do the 2nd phase of DMS circuit in 6 months, but Chinese want it yesterday, they will most likely do in a month or two (seek funding) after the plants performance is better understood , will only cost ~30M and can be funded through pre-payments debt free
4) First shipment of Spod will occur in April, followed by once a month (said would be between 10,000 and 15,000 tonnes, so look out for that)
5) Mark reiterated that the last reserves update occurred in July last year, they didn't finish drilling until October last year, therefore the 3-4 months of drilling will allow them to announce a significant reserves upgrade in April
6) When the fines circuit gets commissioned later this year, their all-in cost will reduce to 300-350 from 500, this will further be lowered if DMS 2 circuit gets built
7) The ramp up of the plant was announced to take ~3 to 4 months, Mark said that the Primco team (now operating team) have similar KPI's in terms try to reach full production the quickest. Mark said "everyone’s bonuses are aligned in the right direction” and advised he imagines this time frame to compress
8) The exploration team have been focused for the last 6 months on drilling water holes at Bald Hill, most incurred significant Lithium Pigments. Mark said this indicates the resource upside in this area is huge.
9) The Tantalum credits diminish after ~6 years, but as they move out in terms of mining, the lithium grades improve and tantalum grades decline, but the tantalum credits are only worth between $US50 to a $US100/t in terms the better lithium grades will compensate this

All sounds positive with plenty of good news coming in the next 3 months!

Edited by Dusty Mountain, 22 March 2018 - 11:23 AM.

#78 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:19 AM

The positive actions by Tawana to spinoff their assets speaks volumes regarding the possible direction they are taking imo:

• Tawana & Amal merger can now be a straightforward process
  • De-risk of assets (cowan; yallari and Mofe) from possible Tawana/Amal hostile takeover, for example what has just happened to AJM ASX
  • Possible future IPO for spinco company = unlocking value in the lit race to market. With possible future offtake agreements from current lit battery manufacturers/financiers/investment companies... upside to shareholders  :) Current Tawana shareholders will get 85% volume/value of their shares in new spinco as materialised shares in the unlisted company which can still be traded willing buyer/seller through their administrator - no risk to JSE holders.
  • Tawana holding 15% of spinco = current Tawana management will direct and lead the spinco...with their success in the Bald hill joint venture it will now be a lot easier to get the spinco venture going...

#79 Hemper9

Hemper9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 09:39 AM

Yip! Overall the sentiment on hotcopper is quite positive? Need to remember MC is heavily invested himself, will not make decisions that will negatively affect shareholders. Not sure how this will affect us on the JSE, especially w.r.t. the SpinCo shares (initial share allocation and if they list on the ASX in future).. Not many options for South Africans to trade directly on the ASX unless you have tons of $$$

#80 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:09 AM

Anyone seen the announcement this morning about the SpinCo spinoff company???? 

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting