264 replies to this topic

#141 Bullhunter

Bullhunter

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNorthcliff

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:04 AM

The zinc price is at a decade high and the outlook is for it to stay strong for much of 2018, underscoring decisions by miners in SA to step up production and bring fresh metal to the market.

Acting on the fundamentals of supply and demand, the metal used to galvanise steel to protect it from corrosion has shown strong price growth, more than doubling since 2016, says John Meyer, a resources analyst at SP Angel in London.

He said supply constraints came at a time when Chinese demand was strong and had resulted in global stockpiles falling to 2008 levels.

The news is good for South African-focused companies operating in the Northern Cape. India’s Vedanta Resources, which is bringing its Gamsberg zinc mine into steady state production, and newly formed Orion Minerals, which plans to restart mining at the mothballed Prieska copper and zinc mine, are tapping into untouched resources and using modern mass-mining methods.

Should've been posted under Orion Minerals but Sharechat's editing policy does not allow users much chance to correct errors.

Opportunities are made up easier than losses.

#142 Bullhunter

Bullhunter

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNorthcliff

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:03 AM

Fabricated Products, a division of H.C. Starck (Tawana's offtake partner), Foresees Higher Raw Material Prices for 2018

NEWTON, Mass., USA, November 1, 2017 – The Fabricated Products Division of H.C. Starck sees the trend of increasing material prices for its refractory metals continuing into 2018. 

“There have already been steep increases in raw material prices during the second half of 2017, especially for tantalum, niobium, molybdenum and tungsten. With the ongoing strong demand for these materials in the marketplace, it becomes vital that we ensure a continuous material supply of products to our customers. The current product price levels require upward adjustments and forward-looking discussions across our entire customer-base,” says Andreas Mader, CEO of the Fabricated Products Division.

#143 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:37 PM

That is good news and with Orion Min being 30c, it might even have the possibility of becoming a bagger or two. 

Can't find anything on who the offtake partner is. Guess we'll have to wait for trading halt to be lifted. 

#144 Bullhunter

Bullhunter

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNorthcliff

Posted 28 January 2018 - 08:38 AM

The zinc price is at a decade high and the outlook is for it to stay strong for much of 2018, underscoring decisions by miners in SA to step up production and bring fresh metal to the market.

Acting on the fundamentals of supply and demand, the metal used to galvanise steel to protect it from corrosion has shown strong price growth, more than doubling since 2016, says John Meyer, a resources analyst at SP Angel in London.

He said supply constraints came at a time when Chinese demand was strong and had resulted in global stockpiles falling to 2008 levels.

The news is good for South African-focused companies operating in the Northern Cape. India’s Vedanta Resources, which is bringing its Gamsberg zinc mine into steady state production, and newly formed Orion Minerals, which plans to restart mining at the mothballed Prieska copper and zinc mine, are tapping into untouched resources and using modern mass-mining methods.

#145 Bullhunter

Bullhunter

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNorthcliff

Posted 28 January 2018 - 08:23 AM

Lithium research note:

https://gallery.mail...Note_Jan_18.pdf

#146 Bullhunter

Bullhunter

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNorthcliff

Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:43 PM

So it would seem I need a 2nd and 3rd mortgage on my house.... 

60 million shares x R6 .... it won't be impossible to raise... 

Just one-Nkandla -and -a -half.

I suspect the price is going to rocket once the trading halt is lifted. You may need 2-3 Nkandlas. 

Edited by Bullhunter, 26 January 2018 - 04:46 PM.

#147 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:01 PM

Managed to sell 30000 shares on the jse at 600c and bought them back on the asx at 46c. Now we wait.

#148 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:38 AM

The JSE pre-listing statement in 2005, 60 360 628 ordinary shares of no par value were listed.

Thanks Bull ... 

#149 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:37 AM

So it would seem I need a 2nd and 3rd mortgage on my house.... 

60 million shares x R6 .... it won't be impossible to raise... 

#150 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:59 PM

The JSE pre-listing statement in 2005, 60 360 628 ordinary shares of no par value were listed.

Thanks for the fact check, so its about 12-15%

#151 Bullhunter

Bullhunter

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNorthcliff

Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:32 PM

One of the possible issue with lack of TAW volumes traded on JSE is we have only 5% allotment of total shares, total of 25 million out of 500 million.

#152 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:18 PM

And were all holding those 25 million tightly  ^_^

#153 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:15 PM

One of the possible issue with lack of TAW volumes traded on JSE is we have only 5% allotment of total shares, total of 25 million out of 500 million.

#154 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:47 AM

When did you start buying and why?

April / May last year. 

There was a huge spike in the shareprice. For 4 consecutive days it was the top climber on Sharenet (I like to keep an eye on the winners and losers). It reached upwards of 25% everyday. I started reading about the company and found an Australian forum with a lot more eyes on it than Sharechat. 

The big draw for me was Lithium and the management (but even that can fail ... the company that shan't be named). 

This is my retirement fund :) 

#155 Bullhunter

Bullhunter

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNorthcliff

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:11 AM

It isn't enough if you own more shares than the daily trading volumes.   :) Just have to wait for it to send of that first shipment and the news to start seeping through the market 

When did you start buying and why?

#156 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:06 AM

200k+ in two days not enough for you? It is dual listed so it's more likely to attract more interest, once it starts producing.

It isn't enough if you own more shares than the daily trading volumes.  :) Just have to wait for it to send of that first shipment and the news to start seeping through the market 

#157 Bullhunter

Bullhunter

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNorthcliff

Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:27 AM

I struggled to understand the Aussie. Did he say Tawana is trading at 20% of the value of other lithium producers?

As at that date, Yes.

#158 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:35 PM

I struggled to understand the Aussie. Did he say Tawana is trading at 20% of the value of other lithium producers?

#159 Bullhunter

Bullhunter

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNorthcliff

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:55 AM

If I'm not mistakiot ng it was an all time high... it was more than just 12 months. It was a definite 3 year high at R6.44. How are we going to get volumes trading? No use in have a 10 or 20 bagger and we can't sell the stock. I see this going the way of a Montauk stock. From R12 to R58 in 12 months but still averaging daily volumes less than what you own. 

200k+ in two days not enough for you? It is dual listed so it's more likely to attract more interest, once it starts producing.

#160 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:53 PM

Hit a 12 month high today.

If I'm not mistaking it was an all time high... it was more than just 12 months. It was a definite 3 year high at R6.44. How are we going to get volumes trading? No use in have a 10 or 20 bagger and we can't sell the stock. I see this going the way of a Montauk stock. From R12 to R58 in 12 months but still averaging daily volumes less than what you own. 

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting