13 replies to this topic

#1 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 12:09 PM

Thanks, so if i make my calaculation i think its a good buy below R1. Or am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#2 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 11:27 AM

Shareholders are referred to the announcement released on SENS and published on the SEM website on Friday,
7 September 2018 in respect of a capital payment of EUR300 million to Greenbay shareholders, by way of a return of
capital, of 3.16185 Euro cents for every Greenbay share (the "return of capital").

Greenbay is pleased to inform shareholders that all conditions precedent to the return of capital have been fulfilled.
Accordingly, Greenbay will now proceed to implement the return of capital in accordance with the salient dates and
times set out below.

Shareholders who hold their Greenbay shares on the South African share register will receive the return of capital in
South African Rands, converted from Euro at an exchange rate of EUR1.00 : ZAR17.1894. Accordingly, the South
African Rand equivalent of 3.16185 Euro cents per share return of capital will be ZAR54.35030 cents per share.

SALIENT DATES AND TIMES

Shareholders on the South African register

2018
  Last day to trade in Greenbay shares in order to receive the return of capital                Tuesday, 2 October
  Trading in Greenbay shares 'ex' the entitlement to receive the return of capital            Wednesday, 3 October
  Record date for the return of capital                                                          Friday, 5 October
  Payment of return of capital                                                                   Monday, 8 October

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#3 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 11:17 AM

Does anyone know why this share droped to 84 cents today??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#4 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:06 AM

I'm loving this share movement, still holding, I'm in it for the long haul

Sent from my Y220-U00 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#5 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:11 PM

@DividendTycoon to be honest I believe nothing much is different to the other property companies in their space. Their listed portfolio is well diversified with a
focus on real estate and infrastructure investments. I just see the potential share value growth as they continue making acquisitions and their current properties keep on generating income.

It can happen, but there needs to be consistent high double digit growth, I had that with NEPI which went from R30 to R180 in 5 years. At the moment I like Balwin which has moved nicely this week, but could be more to come if the pre-close update good. 

#6 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:23 AM

@DividendTycoon to be honest I believe nothing much is different to the other property companies in their space. Their listed portfolio is well diversified with a
focus on real estate and infrastructure investments. I just see the potential share value growth as they continue making acquisitions and their current properties keep on generating income.

#7 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:04 AM

Hi everybody, does anyone in here hold or follow Greenbay Properties? I personally hold and believe it's the next 10x bagger and a cheap rand hedge at current prices.

You are the second person I have heard say this. What is it about Greenbay (as opposed to other property shares) that makes you believe it a possible ten bagger. I am very happy with my Tower Property shares but always open to new ideas.

#8 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:54 AM

I own a little - around 1% of my portfolio.

But then I also own Resilient, Nepi and Rockcastle - so pretty happy with that "stable". I just need fortress for a full house...

I do see good things from eastern europe as a region - also have EPP and Tower. When hunting for shares, I use a shot gun. ;)

#9 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:01 AM

@SoleTrader Why not? It's a great thing that the rand is strengthening but I'm not going to be naive & think it's always going to be rosey. Also Getting that european exposure is not a bad thing, whether the rand is weak or strong .

#10 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• 2,951 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:55 AM

Well I frikkin hope it goes back up at where you bought it and pass it ;)

jaDEB

I got my heebie-jeebies in a hidden bag

Oasis

#11 Guest_PlatinumWealth.co.za_*

Guest_PlatinumWealth.co.za_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:14 AM

I bought CCO this week.

I had the miss fortune of owning CCO before #Brexit.

COO is a terrible stain on my portfolio.

#12 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• 2,951 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:27 AM

I bought CCO this week.

jaDEB

I got my heebie-jeebies in a hidden bag

Oasis

#13 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:37 AM

Why do you want a rand hedge when the currency is strengthening?

#14 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:45 AM

Hi everybody, does anyone in here hold or follow Greenbay Properties? I personally hold and believe it's the next 10x bagger and a cheap rand hedge at current prices.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting