25 replies to this topic

#1 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 03:20 PM

Anyone have some insight into the trade of R15 million shares today?

LAST 10 TRADES OF THE DAY DATE PDT PRICE VOLUME 13/12 13:50 BT 81 15,000,000 13/12 11:36 AT 79 6,000 13/12 09:45 AT 79 10,000 13/12 09:27 AT 79 9

#2 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 02:01 PM

Hi all,

Anyone still holding this share? 

I have not looked at this share in a long time (took my shareholding and dumped it in the very,very bottom drawer) but saw they updated there their  SUM-OF-THE-PARTS VALUE on their website in Dec 18 (http://www.stellarca...he-parts-value/)

Anyone have any new info or hope for this company?

#3 Trader1

Trader1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:59 PM

Can you direct me to his post - always interested read what utter gumf Clark comes up with?

Sure, it's on his daily small talk twitter page. Just google it and it will be under the 27th Nov post.

#4 NotsoIntelligent Investor

NotsoIntelligent Investor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:44 PM

I was unable to attend as well. Based on what Anthony Clark posted, it seemed to be a glum situation for the heavily discounted Stellar. 

Can you direct me to his post - always interested read what utter gumf Clark comes up with?

#5 Trader1

Trader1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:27 PM

I wasn't able to attend the AGM - could you possibly DM (I will then send you my email address) and give me a brief rundown as to what was said?  

I was unable to attend as well. Based on what Anthony Clark posted, it seemed to be a glum situation for the heavily discounted Stellar. 

#6 NotsoIntelligent Investor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:01 AM

AGM yesterday didn't seem to boost any confidence. New management may be required. Only Asset worth looking at in their portfolio is Torre. Probably the only way you'll get value back out in the medium/long term. Management have huge incentives to turn around the business. Charles Pettit still managing a portfolio that holds 25% of Torre Capital. He sees value long term.

I wasn't able to attend the AGM - could you possibly DM (I will then send you my email address) and give me a brief rundown as to what was said?  

#7 Trader1

Trader1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:32 AM

Still here, still holding, still hurting....

I cannot see a way out of this.  What was interesting was the huge volume spike on 10/11/17 of 24,606,272 million shares.

Maybe it was the last wise men taking their losses and dumping the shares.

Do not know what to expect going forward.

AGM yesterday didn't seem to boost any confidence. New management may be required. Only Asset worth looking at in their portfolio is Torre. Probably the only way you'll get value back out in the medium/long term. Management have huge incentives to turn around the business. Charles Pettit still managing a portfolio that holds 25% of Torre Capital. He sees value long term.

#8 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:07 PM

A polished turd remains a turd.

#9 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 06:53 AM

Still here, still holding, still hurting....

I cannot see a way out of this.  What was interesting was the huge volume spike on 10/11/17 of 24,606,272 million shares.

Maybe it was the last wise men taking their losses and dumping the shares.

Do not know what to expect going forward.

Edited by JR7800, 22 November 2017 - 06:55 AM.

#10 Trader1

Trader1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:42 PM

Although Torre is risky, it hold some significant upside risk. I didn't take the Stellar Offer of 1.25 stellar shares for 1 Torre share. Right now 1 Torre share almost equals 2 Stellar Shares. In the next few weeks who knows?

Anyone still here? How's holding SCP or TOR working for you?

#11 Trader1

Trader1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:59 AM

My personal feeling is that this share has bottomed out and I have doubled my position at the sub-80c level.  A big risk I know, especially given the exposure to Torre, but I think the value of the other assets will start to show in the next 2-3 years. 

As an aside, the rocket-like exit of Charles Pettit raises some questions... Clearly all was not well in the boardroom.  Anyone have any specific information about this?  It is interesting to note that he has now joined Sabvest - one of the shareholders who did not accept the Stellar buyout offer of Torre minorities...

Although Torre is risky, it hold some significant upside risk. I didn't take the Stellar Offer of 1.25 stellar shares for 1 Torre share. Right now 1 Torre share almost equals 2 Stellar Shares. In the next few weeks who knows?

#12 NotsoIntelligent Investor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:23 PM

My personal feeling is that this share has bottomed out and I have doubled my position at the sub-80c level.  A big risk I know, especially given the exposure to Torre, but I think the value of the other assets will start to show in the next 2-3 years. 

As an aside, the rocket-like exit of Charles Pettit raises some questions... Clearly all was not well in the boardroom.  Anyone have any specific information about this?  It is interesting to note that he has now joined Sabvest - one of the shareholders who did not accept the Stellar buyout offer of Torre minorities...

And maybe even more interesting in the context of Sabvest's SENS announcement today...

#13 NotsoIntelligent Investor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:11 PM

How low will this go?

With no other deals to be made, what can management do to increase share price?

#14 Trader1

Trader1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:37 PM

How low will this go?

With no other deals to be made, what can management do to increase share price?

#15 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:02 PM

Another Anthony Clarke pick..no thanks! Prefer focused small caps, not these 'deal maker' stocks.

Ha ha! Yes, that little fairy's picks turned out better shorts than longs! Still sitting with his Santova at 420c (target 650c) and Astoria at 1600c (target 2100c) and Anchor at 1200c (target 2000c)

#16 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:58 PM

According to their website their current NAV is around 137. The drop comes from the drop in price of Torre which has dropped almost by half since the previous report. The rest of the investments are not updated until the next reporting period, but chances are pretty good that most of them would also be down to some extent.

one also has to keep in mind that most of the time investment companies such as Stellar will automatically trade at a discount to NAV, this is because of the inherent cost involved with the holding structure.

Along with all the other problems is that the investment which they are involved in have arguably the highest risk in the political and economic environment we find ourselves in.

So my view is that it is probably a little undervalued, but not by as much as people think. There is also a risk cost involved here.

I think this company is a load of rubbish IMO. Cadiz lost the bulk if not all their funds. Most staff has been retrenched. The founders of Prescient Steyn and Toms could never get their share price over 100c. Why will Wiese be able to do what management couldnt? His two daughters join the company as directors, both have since resigned. The only worthwhile asset is Amecor that Stellar got for very cheap. Torre, don't know if I'll touch it.

#17 Jack5

Jack5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:25 PM

According to their website their current NAV is around 137. The drop comes from the drop in price of Torre which has dropped almost by half since the previous report. The rest of the investments are not updated until the next reporting period, but chances are pretty good that most of them would also be down to some extent.

one also has to keep in mind that most of the time investment companies such as Stellar will automatically trade at a discount to NAV, this is because of the inherent cost involved with the holding structure.

Along with all the other problems is that the investment which they are involved in have arguably the highest risk in the political and economic environment we find ourselves in.

So my view is that it is probably a little undervalued, but not by as much as people think. There is also a risk cost involved here.

#18 Rulz3

Rulz3

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 12:52 PM

Can someone maybe do a proper valuation on SCP? Or is the NAV accurate? If NAV accurate, this share def undervalued.

#19 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 12:41 PM

Another Anthony Clarke pick..no thanks! Prefer focused small caps, not these 'deal maker' stocks.

#20 Rulz3

Rulz3

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 12:18 PM

Ok, why is this share just going down.

Really thought it should be at least a R1.30 to R1.60 share. The way it is going now, it seems to be more like a R0.30 to R0.60 share, where did my R1 go, well I would like to know if anyone have some idea?

I have been following this share down from R2 I think. But feels like in general the small caps underperforming and maybe linked to the political risk currently in SA.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting