7 replies to this topic

#1 new john

new john

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 01:09 PM

Last day to trade tomorrow. RE: Dividend. 

Nice upward trend on this one. 

#2 Guest_PlatinumWealth.co.za_*

Guest_PlatinumWealth.co.za_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:21 AM

I think with the correct strategy they can outperform many property companies. They have a niche which they are good at, like any other successful company. Yes, it is a property share though so you have to watch what you pay. Personally I would not currently pay R11 or more, I would want to start with a minimum 8% yield, but think it will do better over the very long term than PTXTEN for example as I am not paying any fees either.

Totally agreed there of the property stocks they do offer something unique and certainly one of the more exciting offerings in that sector.

#3 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:16 AM

What I mean is the increases are not going to be as big due to the fixed costs. Whereas over the same period a company like Vodacon or Telkom or Blu label offer a better return possibility for example. Storage imo is property so personally I would be more inclined to purchase a global property fund or PTXTEN in the long run before I buy SSS. 

I think with the correct strategy they can outperform many property companies. They have a niche which they are good at, like any other successful company. Yes, it is a property share though so you have to watch what you pay. Personally I would not currently pay R11 or more, I would want to start with a minimum 8% yield, but think it will do better over the very long term than PTXTEN for example as I am not paying any fees either.

#4 Guest_PlatinumWealth.co.za_*

• Guests

Posted 04 March 2017 - 02:44 PM

Not quite sure what you mean, but in general every property has fixed costs to build, but then they reap the income for years afterwards. The income should increase every year. This not a get rich quick share, but one you may be happy to own in 10 years when the income is much higher.

What I mean is the increases are not going to be as big due to the fixed costs. Whereas over the same period a company like Vodacon or Telkom or Blu label offer a better return possibility for example. Storage imo is property so personally I would be more inclined to purchase a global property fund or PTXTEN in the long run before I buy SSS. 

#5 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 01:20 PM

I like it.

Growth wise, how much margin can they really make? I mean there are fixed costs in building that storage unit which they cannot escape thus 11 - 15% rent? 

Not quite sure what you mean, but in general every property has fixed costs to build, but then they reap the income for years afterwards. The income should increase every year. This not a get rich quick share, but one you may be happy to own in 10 years when the income is much higher.

#6 Guest_PlatinumWealth.co.za_*

• Guests

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:38 AM

I like it.

Growth wise, how much margin can they really make? I mean there are fixed costs in building that storage unit which they cannot escape thus 11 - 15% rent? 

#7 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:20 PM

Don't see a forum for this company yet - What do you guys think of this company . Currently SSS is a huge part of my portfolio.

Have it and like it a lot. Would not say it cheap at the moment, but one for the long term, income should increase regularly. They have a high quality product and seem to be the market leaders in an industry that still small in SA compared to other countries.

#8 HighRiskGain

HighRiskGain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:36 AM

Don't see a forum for this company yet - What do you guys think of this company . Currently SSS is a huge part of my portfolio.

Unseen lobster

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting