Online Trading in South Africa

Trading CFDs Online Brokers South Africa Platforms Charting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_PlatinumWealth.co.za_*

Guest_PlatinumWealth.co.za_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:01 PM

Also with GT247, cheap and gets the job done.

If want something proper then IG markets otherwise there is also PDSnet 

#2 ZAR0

ZAR0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:48 AM

Currently trade with GT247.com - very happy with low costs due to small account.  Previously traded with IG

#3 ActiveValue

ActiveValue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:36 PM

Thank you in advance for any help.

I have investments in a share portfolio (easyequities long term value focus) and have balanced unit trusts with Foord and Coronation. I have an undergrad in Investment Management and am currently doing my honours in Financial Analysis and prepping for CFA lvl 1. My financial responsibilities are minimal, I am single with no dependants, and have no debt. That covers my background if anyone cares.

I am going to get started in derivative trading and looking for an online broker/platform to go through. All capital used will be risk capital and can be lost with minimal consequences. Capital size will be low.

I am looking for advice for who to trade with. I require an information source (charting, ratios, research, etc) and a broker that at the least offers CFD's. Due to small position sizes I am looking to avoid brokers with minimum commissions and just take spread/percentage fees.

My research has lead me to look at gt247 and IG. Does anyone have experience with these or have better suggestions? Infomation source so far is google finance and investing.com. I have access to a Bloomberg terminal for the remainder of the year but would prefer not to become reliant on it (assuming that it will take longer than 6 months to become a skilled trader haha).

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Trading, CFDs, Online, Brokers, South Africa, Platforms, Charting

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting