6 replies to this topic

#1 TheConflict

TheConflict

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationJhb

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:26 AM

EISH. Variation margin must be bleeding you dry...

You win some you lose some...

#2 MSG

MSG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:12 PM

Thanks. My issue is that I am holding CFDs at R74. The downward move to R60 is killing me. I'm hoping. It makes a turnaround soon.

#3 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:10 PM

I have decided to take a R2 loss per share on two thirds of my holdings, selling at R63.30. This is contrary to my normal investment philosophy of being patient, especially with quality. 

Reason 1 is I am worried about the apparel market, think it must be incredibly tough, and Woolworths still earns majority income from this, not food.

Reason 2, it is a small loss for me and there are some incredibly cheap small and mid cap shares I could allocate the capital to rather than leave it in Woolies which I feel may tread water for a long time.

Anyway, it is a gamble, Woolies will release update soon and if better than expected, share will likely rocket. So best look at your own portfolio before making decisions. Personally I am happy to have a bit of cash in the current market rather than Woolies.

#4 TheConflict

TheConflict

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationJhb

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:27 PM

trying to spot bottoms is a dangerous game, bud. Stay patient

You win some you lose some...

#5 MSG

MSG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:10 PM

Hi CrescoRSA,

Thanks. I have seen from your older post in September last year that you sighted WHL to reach R60. How did you calculate this? My issue is that I hold CFDs that I bought and averaged down from a cost of R91 to R74 now. The exposure is worrying .

#6 CrescoRSA

CrescoRSA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:23 PM

Not anytime soon I think - but not a bad idea to add a little more at these levels. I'm hoping it gets to under 60, then I will really add more to my position, and will keep adding the lower it goes. I got in around R70. Still a great company to hold LONG term

#7 MSG

MSG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:27 AM

What is going on with woolies stock?? Today's low was R61.07.

Wonder when they are going to turn around? I bought at R75.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting