#1 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 15 September 2020 - 10:11 AM

https://twitter.com/...393186714902528

Woolies: Despite the nay-sayers, WHL has broken the neckline and is challenging the 200-day ma (at R36.75). This may cause it some problems. but I remain hopeful that it can reach R43 to R44 during the Xmas rally - which appears to be starting early.

Edited by Shi, 15 September 2020 - 10:11 AM.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#2 budfox

budfox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 09:34 AM

Nice one Woolies. From this morning's SENS

Pity they followed that up with the news that they are likely to give their Australian businesses up to R1.1 billion in funding support. More good money after bad

#3 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 06 April 2020 - 08:34 AM

Nice one Woolies. From this morning's SENS

In recognition of the challenging circumstances, the WHL Board, Group CEO and senior Executive team members have decided to forego up to 30% of their fees and salaries over the next three months. The savings arising from this will be used to provide additional financial support to staff who find themselves in extreme hardship as a result of the current crisis.

Edited by Shi, 06 April 2020 - 08:35 AM.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#4 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:48 AM

My call is R45 as big entry point. Apparently the analysts from 36one visit the Aus operation and claim it's 2 years from turning around. Until then my only retail exposure remains Nuworld (you little biscuit!!!)

Glad I sold out of WHL and bought NWL. I like WHL, especially the food side, but cant help think there has been a fundamental shift in retail, especially on the apparel/department store side. This would be felt most in Australia where they already have Amazon. Still they have come through many tests in their time and perhaps if the price got as low as R45 I would be tempted.

#5 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 01:11 PM

My call is R45 as big entry point. Apparently the analysts from 36one visit the Aus operation and claim it's 2 years from turning around. Until then my only retail exposure remains Nuworld (you little biscuit!!!)

#6 TheConflict

TheConflict

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationJhb

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:26 AM

EISH. Variation margin must be bleeding you dry...

You win some you lose some...

#7 MSG

MSG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:12 PM

Thanks. My issue is that I am holding CFDs at R74. The downward move to R60 is killing me. I'm hoping. It makes a turnaround soon.

#8 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:10 PM

I have decided to take a R2 loss per share on two thirds of my holdings, selling at R63.30. This is contrary to my normal investment philosophy of being patient, especially with quality. 

Reason 1 is I am worried about the apparel market, think it must be incredibly tough, and Woolworths still earns majority income from this, not food.

Reason 2, it is a small loss for me and there are some incredibly cheap small and mid cap shares I could allocate the capital to rather than leave it in Woolies which I feel may tread water for a long time.

Anyway, it is a gamble, Woolies will release update soon and if better than expected, share will likely rocket. So best look at your own portfolio before making decisions. Personally I am happy to have a bit of cash in the current market rather than Woolies.

#9 TheConflict

TheConflict

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationJhb

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:27 PM

trying to spot bottoms is a dangerous game, bud. Stay patient

You win some you lose some...

#10 MSG

MSG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:10 PM

Hi CrescoRSA,

Thanks. I have seen from your older post in September last year that you sighted WHL to reach R60. How did you calculate this? My issue is that I hold CFDs that I bought and averaged down from a cost of R91 to R74 now. The exposure is worrying .

#11 CrescoRSA

CrescoRSA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:23 PM

Not anytime soon I think - but not a bad idea to add a little more at these levels. I'm hoping it gets to under 60, then I will really add more to my position, and will keep adding the lower it goes. I got in around R70. Still a great company to hold LONG term

#12 MSG

MSG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:27 AM

What is going on with woolies stock?? Today's low was R61.07.

Wonder when they are going to turn around? I bought at R75.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting