1165 replies to this topic

#361 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 07:30 PM

Great bit optimism good..just not crazy optimism with no back bone :) not refering to any other threads of course

#362 new john

new john

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 06:54 PM

Mmm keep for grandchildren if you wish or spend yourself later as this going up more in next year for sure i think

Indeed.... They've yet to even dip their toes in online shopping. SAP changeover means their DC's systems will start 'talking' with suppliers like Tiger Brands / Unilever who are already on SAP. Optimising stock holdings and availability. Checkers will continue their efforts into eating up as much of the Woolworths current hold on high LSM segment of the market. OK Foods are slowly but surely growing, already more than 400 stores nationwide, with more opening every day. 7-11s and Friendly Grocers are being converted to OK stores on a monthly basis, all of which are purchasing through Shoprite DC's. The list goes on and on. Economy does good? Checkers makes more money, economy does bad, Shoprite makes more money. 

If you can't already tell, I'm a fanboy. And not ashamed! ;) 

#363 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 05:38 PM

Mmm keep for grandchildren if you wish or spend yourself later as this going up more in next year for sure i think

#364 nosh

nosh

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 05:15 PM

Great - grandchildren :D

see shoprite motoring after results... put it away for your grandchildren  :D

https://www.bloomber...-chairman-wiese

#365 new john

new john

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:32 PM

Great - grandchildren :D 

#366 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 03:18 PM

Thanks

#367 nosh

nosh

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 02:56 PM

Hi N...

the only difference on both is the 20% DWT,,As u a local investor , u cannot claim that back...

option 1.....net R1.2 will be credited to your account....treated as sale of shares and no effect on you if u not a trader....iow no tax implications

option 2....0.96 credited to your account...full .96  will be shown as dividend income and hence not taxable if you a local investor.

hence option 1 will be the best option in my opinion if you not trading the share.

As 99% of votes approved the scheme , you have to give up your shares  ...

above is from info on hand....could be more to it that i dont know about....Anything you want to add Nosh?

Thanks so much Polly!

#368 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 02:31 PM

Weird trading day..shp looked like should go down went up...lots shares up

yep....ftse smashed...but our local shares all rallying....bulls absolutely crazy today..

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#369 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 02:28 PM

Weird trading day..shp looked like should go down went up...lots shares up

#370 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 11:41 AM

Apologies in advance but I didn't want to create a special Thread just for this one question.

Regarding corporate action on IWE (interwaste) Can someone please explain the difference between the two options to me:

OPTION 1 – Sell your shares via Scheme of Arrangement R1.20 per share, or
OPTION 2 – Sell to Interwaste by way of a purchase subject to 20% DWT net amount of R0.96 will be paid
OPTION 3 – Is not available one of the top options must be elected.

My stockbrokers seem incapable to explain the difference between the two, and more importantly how that difference will affect me.

I would have preferred to keep the shares.  I don't want to sell. ( initially, I was given the impression I could keep them)

Thanks in advance

Hi N...

the only difference on both is the 20% DWT,,As u a local investor , u cannot claim that back...

option 1.....net R1.2 will be credited to your account....treated as sale of shares and no effect on you if u not a trader....iow no tax implications

option 2....0.96 credited to your account...full .96  will be shown as dividend income and hence not taxable if you a local investor.

hence option 1 will be the best option in my opinion if you not trading the share.

As 99% of votes approved the scheme , you have to give up your shares  ...

above is from info on hand....could be more to it that i dont know about....Anything you want to add Nosh?

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#371 nosh

nosh

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 11:26 AM

Apologies in advance but I didn't want to create a special Thread just for this one question.

Regarding corporate action on IWE (interwaste) Can someone please explain the difference between the two options to me:

OPTION 1 – Sell your shares via Scheme of Arrangement R1.20 per share, or
OPTION 2 – Sell to Interwaste by way of a purchase subject to 20% DWT net amount of R0.96 will be paid
OPTION 3 – Is not available one of the top options must be elected.

My stockbrokers seem incapable to explain the difference between the two, and more importantly how that difference will affect me.

I would have preferred to keep the shares.  I don't want to sell. ( initially, I was given the impression I could keep them)

Thanks in advance

#372 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 11:05 AM

Yes and bad results 😂

#373 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 10:00 AM

#374 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 09:55 AM

So far the broker whos helping me agreed with you..chap used be on jse floor in old days..

#375 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 09:39 AM

M i dont think you have the balls to short yet...  Today i see no longs all shorts...Dual listed to get smacked and even retailers to a smaller extent...but shorts need to be reassessed towards US opening as direction may change...

This is for today only...tomorrow could be back to normal..

think i got it hopelessly wrong today....or still early days??

#376 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 09:17 AM

Haha you got my number...little steps hey..i don't want short yet ...when i do successfully will do rain dance

lol...so no longs today unless you feel we go back up tomorrow...so try see which share u wanted to go long today...watch it and try and catch a bottom for tomorrow...but risky cos tomorrow could be another red day.....

#377 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 09:09 AM

Haha you got my number...little steps hey..i don't want short yet ...when i do successfully will do rain dance

#378 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:19 AM

Yes its evident lot stress going on there. Too gambly therefore the stess. P any cfd ideas for today rand seems static since yesterday ..so guess neither retailers nor mining going have major changes? Or any other insight..think shp release today

M i dont think you have the balls to short yet...  Today i see no longs all shorts...Dual listed to get smacked and even retailers to a smaller extent...but shorts need to be reassessed towards US opening as direction may change...

This is for today only...tomorrow could be back to normal..

#379 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:04 AM

Yes its evident lot stress going on there. Too gambly therefore the stess. P any cfd ideas for today rand seems static since yesterday ..so guess neither retailers nor mining going have major changes? Or any other insight..think shp release today

#380 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 07:55 AM

juts read the steinhoff thread..

wow...the 2 fisherman in full prawl...pump pump pump

and all being caught hook , line and sinker....

suck spew and              VOMIT!!!!

and Lionel dont take their attack on you personally....all i see there are hypocrites especially the last 2 newbies..... If you post  positive lies and misrepresentations  you so welcomed...If you post negative facts , you get insulted , name called etc...

Been there , done it...

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting