• Please log in to reply
1165 replies to this topic

#1161 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 10:31 AM

Charts dont really  work at all on small caps and penny stocks...See my previous thread on small caps.. One large fund selling or buying messes prices...

Here you have to set limits....example if you bought at 80c..... set a limit ..IE if goes below 40c im out. If goes above R1.20 i will hold

In between you at risk depending  on fund buying or selling.

In other words charts dont work well on illiquid stocks...anyone can manipulate

Thanks, yes that true, have some seen some real manipulation lately in some small caps. 

Going to just hang onto my Choppies until the picture is clear, hoping for a long term investment with this one.

#1162 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 10:04 AM

Not really a newbie Polly, but love to get a view of what the charts are telling you regarding Choppies. Last day for them to release results before possible suspension, so am surprised share not dropping, so perhaps the charts are saying something?

Charts dont really  work at all on small caps and penny stocks...See my previous thread on small caps.. One large fund selling or buying messes prices...

Here you have to set limits....example if you bought at 80c..... set a limit ..IE if goes below 40c im out. If goes above R1.20 i will hold

In between you at risk depending  on fund buying or selling.

In other words charts dont work well on illiquid stocks...anyone can manipulate

Edited by Polly, 31 October 2018 - 10:06 AM.

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#1163 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 10:01 AM

Not really a newbie Polly, but love to get a view of what the charts are telling you regarding Choppies. Last day for them to release results before possible suspension, so am surprised share not dropping, so perhaps the charts are saying something?

#1164 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 09:15 AM

Howzit Polly, nice initiative. Do you trade offshore stocks and  have you identified any trends in your opinion?

no..only alsi and South African shares. Full time trader by profession. I do look in detail at s&P chart and ftse charts to help with trading alsi

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#1165 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 09:11 AM

Howzit Polly, nice initiative. Do you trade offshore stocks and  have you identified any trends in your opinion?

#1166 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 07:53 AM

Hay Lionel and any newbies...any help you need shout out here.  

You know how i explain things.. My mentor told me to treat everyone like a 10 year old in a forum and assume you talking to 10 years old. Fact so newbies can learn the easy way.

You will notice in steinhoff thread how i explained... 2+1 =3 etc..simple effective..

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting