Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 11:03 AM

Posted by Argento on 05 January 2015 - 04:32 PM

warnerbroers, on 05 Jan 2015 - 4:09 PM, said:snapback.png

hey A, where do you get your seasonal info from? thx.

Learning the hard way by trading against it through the years, but mostly from UBS and their cycles!

Best is to go back and study historical charts (don't always follow the same pattern but more or less), other key factors includes earnings season months, ECB meeting dates, futures close-out, Santa rallies (triple witching), seasonal bearish/bullish months etc

Jan  - Earning season month (first half bearish..second bullish)

Feb - Bullish but if Jan bullish followed by an uptrend then could be a top month (refer to previous years)

March - Bearish first half but futures close-out month so rally latter part

April - Earning season month (first half bearish..second bullish)

May - Tricky, sometimes bullish sometimes bearish but known as a very zig zag month

June - Mostly bearish but futures close-out month, after it is bullish...

July - Earning season month (first half bearish..second bullish)

August - Depend on bullmarket or bearmarket, if bull then bullish, if bear then bearish

September - Futures close-out month, first half bullish, second bearish

October - Earning season month (first half bearish..second bullish), also called month of bottoms

November - Bearish

December - First half bearish, latter bullish (Santa rally)

BUT...all of this must fit in with the tape, pattern and trend it is busy with!

Again, not set in stone but a good overall guideline!

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#22 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 05 November 2018 - 11:01 AM

Coming from you A, i take that as a big compliment..

Guys if ever you want a mentor , this is the guy. Perfect gentleman, unlike me who can be rude and arrogant. Buy hay im a full time trader and you get what you see.. Only 5% make it in trading, and those 5% are normally rude and arrogant.. FACT!!

A,s specialty is seasonal trading.... With A's permission maybe i can post a post he did in sharechat a few years back before the interference when he left which had one of the highest reputations of all posts.. A can i copy and paste..

Need to get the good guys back here

Thanks Polly, kind words!

Sure, need the guys to learn as this wild thing can kill you...and need to be a beast to tame the beast!lol

A

"Never never never give up!"

#23 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 10:57 AM

Thanks Polly!!

Newbies, this is advice from the best, not a lot of consistent successful ALSI traders out there so food for thought.

A

Coming from you A, i take that as a big compliment..

Guys if ever you want a mentor , this is the guy. Perfect gentleman, unlike me who can be rude and arrogant. Buy hay im a full time trader and you get what you see.. Only 5% make it in trading, and those 5% are normally rude and arrogant.. FACT!!

A,s specialty is seasonal trading.... With A's permission maybe i can post a post he did in sharechat a few years back before the interference when he left which had one of the highest reputations of all posts.. A can i copy and paste..

Need to get the good guys back here

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#24 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 05 November 2018 - 10:48 AM

1. Trading is a closed sum game. IE for every winner there is a loser unlike investing. And like any other game, you will get out from what you put in. Lots of time and effort needed to make in trading.

2. The most important advise i can give you over and over again on Trading: Protection of capital should be your first and only  priority when you enter the trading world. Always have a stop loss in place however good the trade may look. if you priority is make money , you will lose all your money  i promise you.

3.Do not wait for trade ideas from others . Work on being self reliant.

4. Initially trade small, preserve and then increase your trade size as you gain satisfying levels of proficiency,  Rome was not built in a day. 

5. Never compare yourself to others. That is a fools game

6. Read good books about trading before starting to trade

7. Try to get a mentor who has experience and has been long in the game. If not try to ask them better questions to improve your trading skills

8. Work on creating you own trading system. First thing is determine if you want to be a scalper, day trader, swing trader, medium term trader pr long term trader. For newbies i suggest try day trading first.

9. Also determine your time frame of charts you want to use. 5 min , 15 min, 30 min, i hr, 4 hr, daily etc

Practice , practice  and more practice on that time frame until your see recurring patters that will make you enter a trade.

10.Learn about charting techniques and  indicators that will help you in your charting. More does not mean better. First thing to learn about is support and resistance levels by means of trend lines. That is the start. Then try to learn about the different chart patters namely, head and shoulders, inverse head and shoulders, cup and handle, triangles, double bottoms, double tops, etc etc as they become more complicated

11. Put in the effort that will speed up your learning curve.

12. As a newbie do not put in very high goals.Be realistic. In your first year of trading you would be doing very well if you break even for the year. Hand in there as you will only get better. In fact it make take you a good three years before you actually can say you confident of making money. In the first year i have heard of traders busting their accounts a few times. Thus after a year decide if this trading is for you or not. 

13. Trading is a very emotional game. Its actually not about the markets , its about you. You will learn a lot of things about yourself you never knew. After a year decide if you have the temperament to continue or not.

14. If you a smoker, drinker, gambler or womanizer, i suggest you dont go into trading.

15. Like gambling, trading is very addictive. Only trade with money you are prepared to lose otherwise you can lose your house , your car, your wife and finally have your dad take care of you.

Plenty more advise and i will continue to give as time dictates.

Please remember rule number 2... Preserve your capital at all times Trade small.. The more chips you have , the longer you can play. No chips no play ( game over)

Thanks Polly!!

Newbies, this is advice from the best, not a lot of consistent successful ALSI traders out there so food for thought.

A

"Never never never give up!"

#25 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 09:25 AM

Thanks for the great advice Polly.

This specific post of yours all relates to general sound advice and principles.

You are not promoting any system and there is zero risk in following your advice.

And if someone doesn't like the advice they can ignore it and move on.

I do not know Snippet personally, but he/she is really coming across as an idiot.

Snippet's posts with historical graphs ads close to zero value for the majority of people coming here to learn, and I presume their posts to be from a point of jealousy and bitterness.

I have tried not to be involved in these posts as it spoils the entire experience on this site, but Snippet's constant negativity, false and ridiculous statements are beyond frustrating.

I have yet to see one specific example or substantiated fact about any of these general accusations.

Pretty much the same type of arguments my 2 and 4 year children make if they want attention.

My advise is put him on ignore like i have done and move on....

Do not be intimidated...Losers behave like this

#26 Matrix

Matrix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 09:22 AM

1. Trading is a closed sum game. IE for every winner there is a loser unlike investing. And like any other game, you will get out from what you put in. Lots of time and effort needed to make in trading.

2. The most important advise i can give you over and over again on Trading: Protection of capital should be your first and only  priority when you enter the trading world. Always have a stop loss in place however good the trade may look. if you priority is make money , you will lose all your money  i promise you.

4. Initially trade small, preserve and then increase your trade size as you gain satisfying levels of proficiency,  Rome was not built in a day. 

7. Try to get a mentor who has experience and has been long in the game. If not try to ask them better questions to improve your trading skills

8. Work on creating you own trading system. First thing is determine if you want to be a scalper, day trader, swing trader, medium term trader pr long term trader. For newbies i suggest try day trading first.

9. Also determine your time frame of charts you want to use. 5 min , 15 min, 30 min, i hr, 4 hr, daily etc

Practice , practice  and more practice on that time frame until your see recurring patters that will make you enter a trade.

10.Learn about charting techniques and  indicators that will help you in your charting. More does not mean better. First thing to learn about is support and resistance levels by means of trend lines. That is the start. Then try to learn about the different chart patters namely, head and shoulders, inverse head and shoulders, cup and handle, triangles, double bottoms, double tops, etc etc as they become more complicated

12. As a newbie do not put in very high goals.Be realistic. In your first year of trading you would be doing very well if you break even for the year. Hand in there as you will only get better. In fact it make take you a good three years before you actually can say you confident of making money. In the first year i have heard of traders busting their accounts a few times. Thus after a year decide if this trading is for you or not. 

13. Trading is a very emotional game. Its actually not about the markets , its about you. You will learn a lot of things about yourself you never knew. After a year decide if you have the temperament to continue or not.

14. If you a smoker, drinker, gambler or womanizer, i suggest you dont go into trading.

15. Like gambling, trading is very addictive. Only trade with money you are prepared to lose otherwise you can lose your house , your car, your wife and finally have your dad take care of you.

Please remember rule number 2... Preserve your capital at all times Trade small.. The more chips you have , the longer you can play. No chips no play ( game over)

Thanks for the great advice Polly.

This specific post of yours all relates to general sound advice and principles.

You are not promoting any system and there is zero risk in following your advice.

And if someone doesn't like the advice they can ignore it and move on.

I do not know Snippet personally, but he/she is really coming across as an idiot.

Snippet's posts with historical graphs ads close to zero value for the majority of people coming here to learn, and I presume their posts to be from a point of jealousy and bitterness.

I have tried not to be involved in these posts as it spoils the entire experience on this site, but Snippet's constant negativity, false and ridiculous statements are beyond frustrating.

I have yet to see one specific example or substantiated fact about any of these general accusations.

Pretty much the same type of arguments my 2 and 4 year children make if they want attention.

#27 Snippit

Snippit

Plebeian Tribune

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • LocationGondwanaland

Posted 05 November 2018 - 06:42 AM

Just a small issue with item 8.

8. Work on creating you own trading system. 

Why are you keeping your real system a secret.

The idea of magic numbers when you say they are now magic is hardly a system.

Its a con. 

You know its a con.

You know you are being conservative with the the truth. You are being dishonest. 

Dishonest people are generally regarded as crooks. 

This does not seem to bother you and your associated array of FAKE posters.

Your secret system evidently requires as many as possible of the general public to participate and follow your instructions.

Is this how you assist with your item 8 ???

To start with you are being a hypocrite, and that is just for starters.

You are putting in an enormous effort here to promote your magic system and supporting distractions.

And still there is no such thing as a free lunch.

1. Trusting strangers on an anonymous chat forum can be a risky business. Even more risky than the stock market.
  2. I have tried to warn the vulnerable, being those without adequate savvy: e.g.: https://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/sharechat-warning.html
  3. Vultures circle hereabouts. Give them control and say goodbye to your money. 
  4. Learning links: http://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/trader-links.html

#28 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 09:05 PM

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting