#1 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:21 AM

Hi all.

I have been using IG-Markets platform since 2008 for trading local (JSE) listed shares via CFDs.

Personally I find the normal online (Via your internet web browser) for trading and seeing market depth not very user friendly. I do all my trades via the L2 Dealer platform which is the desktop version (small program) with live trading and market depth.

I do pay extra for the live market depth data but if I remember correctly you get refunded the monthly fee if you trade more than 3 or 4 times a month.

Overall I have been very happy with them over all these years.

My 2c worth.

#2 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:02 AM

It's not.. I just dont choose to go on line on platforms I find on net and pay off my cc card...theres ig and others but I cant vouch for those...

#3 LouahZA

LouahZA

• Pip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:53 AM

iress seems to be software you purchase, that cant possibly be the most common CFD platform used?

#4 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:26 AM

Fin institute linked iress where you fill out forms is legae peresec listed on jse..once they have docs takes about 3 days...they give you back up where you can check all your transactions and fees etc...I have my equities there too..

#5 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:21 AM

I use iress..they do fica checks and you fill in about 30 pages do not the easy option...but I feel safer it is a proper platform...anything you can join instantaneously and pay with your credit card concerns me....but I'm sensible with my moola

#6 LouahZA

LouahZA

• Pip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:55 AM

What is the most common CFD platform to use? I have tried a few already, but just want to settle on what the most people recommend.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting