#28541 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

Scalped some 40 points from the dip this morning.....now waiting

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#28542 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

Busy with the return move of this bullish triangle, turnaround Tuesday should live up to it's name!

PF count for this pattern is 41166 (J200), then a good short back to 40300ish.

Should run up nicely into friday/Monday!

A

"Never never never give up!"

#28543 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

Apple results strangely not well received.
Tencent down 3%.
Billies down 1%.
Think we're in for a negative morning.

We have a lot of red today. Best to sit on the sidelines for a few hours

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#28544 Aragorn

Aragorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:13 AM

Seems happy smiles was a bit too happy in the wee hours of the morning .....

Went long into SAB or CapeVin I suppose?

Not idly do the leaves of Lorien fall.

#28545 Redeemer

Redeemer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:11 AM

Lovely red candles here...the dips are back in town! :P

#28546 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

Apple results strangely not well received.
Tencent down 3%.
Billies down 1%.
Think we're in for a negative morning.

Trading by emotion and/or expectation is a pocket emptying certainty.

#28547 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:34 AM

Seems happy smiles was a bit too happy in the wee hours of the morning .....

Last week the red tide in the east swept me down the gutters ...... Will be a bit more patient this morning....

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#28548 happiesmiles007

happiesmiles007

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationLONDON

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:40 AM

bonkers i say - now the dip is upside down :wub:

#28549 happiesmiles007

happiesmiles007

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationLONDON

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:21 AM

golly gosh jolly rogers hockeystix - did that make any sense?

#28550 happiesmiles007

happiesmiles007

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationLONDON

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:20 AM

I do like pictures they allow me to avoid reading and oh yeah

buy the dip

buy the dip

and when the dip keeps dipping then i spose you better sell the dip, then the dip dips backwards - huh?

this bloody dip, well proper nutty i say

and oh yeah should i include an OMG or an LOL in my message?

#28551 Tech Trader

Tech Trader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationCenturion

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

Closed time to relax. Until Apple numbers.

I have a long Nasdaq

Sunesis looking for a good platform to trade international indices, i see you quoted you traded the nasdaq, whos platform are you using, thanks for all your posts

#28552 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

Shortboy i am giving Roffey stick. And so glad i was following Sunesifrom 39000 and left my short views which was the same as a lot of clever guys. That shorty is the point that i was making

IG CASH

#28553 Shortboy

Shortboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

Sunesis no pressure and shortboy trying to show how even so called experts can allso be wrong. Shortboy read properly shortdick.

Sunesis makes his call BC. You just follow the latest successful view...

IG SA40

#28554 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

Sunesis no pressure and shortboy trying to show how even so called experts can allso be wrong. Shortboy read properly shortdick.

IG CASH

#28555 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

BC, when are you going to learn this stuff for yourself? Just saying...Heroes come and go on this site.....don't put them under pressure...they want suggestions too, not pressure about their calls when they call it wrong.

BC, when are you going to learn this stuff for yourself? Just saying...Heroes come and go on this site.....don't put them under pressure...they want suggestions too, not pressure about their calls when they call it wrong.

I'm not a hero, i'm a trader. As a trader i know never to be complacent. You are only as good as your last trade in the stock market.

Everyday is different. That's the beauty about the market. It can be your friend today and tomorrow your enemy.

How you deal with the pressure everyday is a skill.

I deal with pressure by inflicting pain on the bears. The market is not my friend, but the trend is. 

I just think  every  bull deserves their pound of flesh. We play mind games with the bears.

It's normal for bears to hate.

Every Bear has its day :D

Until the crash comes keep buying the dip. :P  :P  :P  :P  :P

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#28556 Shortboy

Shortboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

Sunesis you better start your show on BDtv" how to fucken make money " a show about making money without worrying when the sky falls or when malema becomes president.Buy the ******* dip in theory and practice!!

IG SA40

#28557 The Batman

The Batman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

Even the Best Trading Strategy Won’t Save You

Trading strategies, systems and methods always look great on paper, but when it comes to trading in the real world, market chaos and human unpredictability often make even the best strategies seem inadequate to the task. The hard truth all traders eventually learn is that trading is far more difficult when your chips are down and the pressure is on, even if you have a very effective trading strategy.

Whilst the trading method you use is extremely important, it simply isn’t enough by itself. There are essentially three main components to successful trading: Mind, Money and Method, and if you don’t have all three pieces of the puzzle in proper working condition, you are going to be like a lost sheep, lacking long-term consistency in your trading.

mind-money-method.jpg

Note, whilst I have said that a concrete trading strategy alone is not enough, I am not trying to suggest that you don’t need a good strategy, because it’s obvious that we need an effective trading edge to get us into high-probability trades. However, IF that is all your looking for, you’re going to end up broke, poor, bankrupt and depressed, because the other two parts of successful trading, mind and money, are just as important as the method you trade with.

You need to think of trading as 3 things: Mind, Money and Method

Successful trading is an art and a skill and unless you are firing on all cylinders; mind, money and method, you aren’t going to make it. When we have our real money on the line, it fires up our emotion, and the more money you risk, the greater your emotional responses to the market will be. Therefore, the simplest and most effective way to keep your emotions in-check as you trade and to make sure the “Mind” component of successful trading is working properly, is to manage your risk intelligently and logically on EVERY TRADE you enter.

mind2.jpg

Managing your risk properly will go a long way to helping you achieve the proper trading mindset, because it will keep your attachment to trades at a low level and will help you ignore the feelings you have after losing or winning money in the market. However, this is not the only piece of the Mind puzzle unfortunately. Traders still tend to over-trade and over-analyze the market, even if they are managing their risk properly. Thus, if you really want to be sure that you have the Mind portion of the three M’s in proper working order, you need to only practice proper risk management, but you also need to have patience and discipline to follow your trading plan / strategy and not over-trade. You also need to know how to trade during market uncertainty and volatility and not become obsessed with economic news and over-analyzing the market.

Money management seems to be like the elephant in the room that all traders are aware of but few want to discuss or be honest about. After all, facing the fact that you should only risk R6 per pip because you only have a R 50 000 trading account is not really something that excites many traders. But, the reality is that if you don’t practice proper money management, you will never succeed as a trader, even if you have your Mind and Method in order.

Proper money management makes controlling your mindset and emotions significantly less difficult, in this way, money management is like the “glue” that holds everything together in your trading. If you don’t practice proper money management, your mindset is probably not going to be calm and consistent enough to make money even if you’ve mastered your trading method.

Beginning traders often understand the importance of money management, but due to greed and other emotional errors, they think they can get away with putting it off its implementation until some later date after they’ve made XYZ amount of money in the market, this day never comes. Whether you have a R10 000 account or a R1 000 000 account, if you do not manage your risk and money properly as you trade, you will never make money over the long-run, even if you’ve somehow managed to master your mindset and your method is solid

money.jpg

The trading method, strategy or system that you use to trade the market with is obviously important, but as I’ve stated above, it will not reward you in the way it is supposed to if you don’t have your Mind and Money in proper working order, so keep that in mind.

If you’ve been following my posts for a while, you know that I trade the trend. I’ve been a huge proponent of simplifying one’s trading strategy "buy the dip", simply because it makes sense and it works. If we were in a bear market, i would say sell the rally. Also, trading with a simple bare-bones trading method like buy the dip, has a very positive effect on Mind and Money.

method.jpg

Traders who trade strategies or systems that require them to have indicators and other such nonsense plastered all over their charts are also usually over-analyzing their trading and thinking too much. This obviously is a problem for the Mind aspect of your trading because it makes achieving a calm and collected mindset nearly impossible.The moment you start thinking while trading, you are usually f*cked. I call the market a b*tch, it's out to f*ck everyone. 

Focus on what works in the real world, not what looks good on paper or what sounds good

Viva La Bull :P  :P  :P  :P  :P 

ATTENTION  ZEROHEDGE

READ THIS FROM SUNESIS. You always overthink matters and miss the core detail.

#28558 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

Those who play russian roulette buy this dip 40515

Closed time to relax. Until Apple numbers.

I have a long Nasdaq

#28559 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

Sunesis you better start your show on BDtv" how to fucken make money " a show about making money without worrying when the sky falls or when malema becomes president.Buy the ******* dip in theory and practice!!

IG CASH

#28560 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

Feeling much better about my trading and market knowledge after watchinhg dr Roffey on bdtv-clever guy said this market will correct and now the best part it could take a year maybe 18 months but at some stage it will correct. So all traders allways go long, make money and then loose money because we dont know that the market will correct at some point. Wow thanks for helping us all DR Roffey we surely didnot know that.Same story no conviction i will talk that bullshit for much cheaper

IG CASH

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting