477 replies to this topic

#461 Bullhunter

Bullhunter

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNorthcliff

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:31 PM

Thanks Bullhunter. Unfortunately, I am not a subscriber to BL premium and cannot read the article. Is there any elaboration on the corruption allegations, or any mention of a pending retraction of these allegations by Amabhungane?

17 AUGUST 2017 

For new EOH boss Zunaid Mayet, who replaced founder Asher Bohbot in May, this year’s precipitous 34% share price plunge is due squarely to bad press.

Mayet is fuming about "defamatory" reports from investigative journalism centre amaBhungane in April that linked EOH insiders — father-and-son team Jehan and Danny Mackay — to Lunga Ncwana, a "shady" middleman in the SA Social Security Agency (Sassa) grants scandal.

"We’ve been very clear in our repudiation of the article and its insinuations," says Mayet, who joined the company in 2009 and headed its industrial technologies division.

"We’ve engaged independent lawyers to come in and do a review [of] the facts in relation to the article. These have been presented to the EOH board and we’re satisfied that there is no truth [in them]. The articles are baseless," he says.

The subscription of R120.00 per month for Business Live is well worth it.

Opportunities are made up easier than losses.

#462 Spree

Spree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:54 PM

https://www.business...ouble-with-eoh/

Thanks Bullhunter. Unfortunately, I am not a subscriber to BL premium and cannot read the article. Is there any elaboration on the corruption allegations, or any mention of a pending retraction of these allegations by Amabhungane?

#463 Bullhunter

Bullhunter

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNorthcliff

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:39 AM

The other day on the BdTv program "Stock Watch", Guliata Talevi (the host) mentioned, very briefly, that "Amabhungane" would soon be recanting the allegations that they had made against EOH. However, she did not elaborate on this and has not mentioned this again (as far as I am aware!).

I have not come across even one mention of this anywhere on the web!

If this is true, and a public retraction is made, and considering that Amabhungane seems to be the sole accusers, this should have a massively positive effect on the share price.

As far as I am aware, there is no legal investigation of these allegations by any state law enforcement agencies, nor is anything on the horizon (of course, I could be very wrong!).

If the dark cloud of corruption allegations were lifted, EOH should rerate substantially on the fundamentals ( very healthy cash balance; expected growth of +15% ; increasing sales of own software at higher margins, etc.)

Any thoughts?

https://www.business...ouble-with-eoh/

#464 Spree

Spree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:17 PM

The other day on the BdTv program "Stock Watch", Guliata Talevi (the host) mentioned, very briefly, that "Amabhungane" would soon be recanting the allegations that they had made against EOH. However, she did not elaborate on this and has not mentioned this again (as far as I am aware!).

I have not come across even one mention of this anywhere on the web!

If this is true, and a public retraction is made, and considering that Amabhungane seems to be the sole accusers, this should have a massively positive effect on the share price.

As far as I am aware, there is no legal investigation of these allegations by any state law enforcement agencies, nor is anything on the horizon (of course, I could be very wrong!).

If the dark cloud of corruption allegations were lifted, EOH should rerate substantially on the fundamentals ( very healthy cash balance; expected growth of +15% ; increasing sales of own software at higher margins, etc.)

Any thoughts?

#465 Bullhunter

Bullhunter

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNorthcliff

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:53 PM

Analysts from Avior have a 12-month target price of R192 on the stock (more than double its current level), while Prescient reckons it could trade to R162.

Mayet and his financial director, John King, seem to share that view, as they’ve been snapping up shares on the open market. While Mayet acknowledges that the prognosis for the SA economy is "lukewarm", he insists the IT sector’s growth prospects are far better.

#466 Bullhunter

Bullhunter

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNorthcliff

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:25 PM

Now that we've seen the FY numbers, have any of you been persuaded to buy some EOH?

On the surface, the numbers seem pretty decent in the current environment, and management seem confident of, at least, maintaining this level of growth. The PEG is well below 1 (around 0.80), if this growth can be maintained ( big if!).

Or, are the corruption allegations, which have not disappeared (and may never!), posing too big a risk??

Any thoughts are appreciated.

FNB Securities analyst Chantal Marx says: "In SA the IT sector is very interesting because it’s super-fragmented. EOH is the largest market-share holder, but only has 2% market share, so that gives you an idea of what opportunities are still out there."

The company is "printing" money, says Marx. Cash generated by operations surged to R1.4bn in the year, from R917m the year before.

Marx believes EOH will be able to boost margins as it beds down recent acquisitions. She describes the company’s p:e rating as "crazy" given its expectation that it will grow by 15%-20% over the next five years.

https://www.business...-its-mojo-back/

#467 Spree

Spree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:24 PM

Now that we've seen the FY numbers, have any of you been persuaded to buy some EOH?

On the surface, the numbers seem pretty decent in the current environment, and management seem confident of, at least, maintaining this level of growth. The PEG is well below 1 (around 0.80), if this growth can be maintained ( big if!).

Or, are the corruption allegations, which have not disappeared (and may never!), posing too big a risk??

Any thoughts are appreciated.

#468 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:31 AM

EOH out with a trading statement for FY 2017. HEPS expected to be up 10-20% (between 791 cents and 863 cents). Market seems disappointed. Shares down 4% today.

What do you guys think?

Is it a hold, add, or sell??

Or, rather wait for the results and dig deeper into the numbers and, more importantly, the prospects going forward.

sell and switch into Alviva

Sent from my UMI_MAX using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#469 Spree

Spree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:42 PM

EOH out with a trading statement for FY 2017. HEPS expected to be up 10-20% (between 791 cents and 863 cents). Market seems disappointed. Shares down 4% today.

What do you guys think?

Is it a hold, add, or sell??

Or, rather wait for the results and dig deeper into the numbers and, more importantly, the prospects going forward.

#470 TheConflict

TheConflict

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationJhb

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:10 PM

EOH just bought PowerTech. And their Jan 2017 Fundamentals don't look bad. 

http://www.eoh.co.za...resentation.pdf

Might well be a good time to get in.

You win some you lose some...

#471 carlosthejackal

carlosthejackal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:07 AM

These r the companies u make money with if you can hold minimum 2 years..

PNC did exactly that and now way up..

MTN will be next...

and then COH!!

Markets do not like uncertainty and will knock the **** out of them  very quickly...Give it time and they recover all if not more!!

Agree

#472 Guest_PlatinumWealth.co.za_*

Guest_PlatinumWealth.co.za_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:50 PM

Won't touch them. Possibility of skeletons is too big for me.

#473 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:46 PM

I really liked this company but following Gupta Gate I am very cautious with EOH revenue and there longstanding municipal contracts may come to an end?

there other businesses are also looking shaky.

I think the next 2 years will be tough and not sure if they going to come out of this squeky clean- will wait and see

#474 Spree

Spree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:42 AM

Thanks for the input.

#475 Scalptrader

Scalptrader

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:18 PM

These r the companies u make money with if you can hold minimum 2 years..

PNC did exactly that and now way up..

MTN will be next...

and then COH!!

Markets do not like uncertainty and will knock the **** out of them  very quickly...Give it time and they recover all if not more!!

#476 thedoc

thedoc

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:38 PM

Wouldn't touch it.

#477 carlosthejackal

carlosthejackal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:48 AM

I took a punt at 101 yesterday, didn't quite get the bottom, target is 120

#478 Spree

Spree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:41 AM

Does anyone have any thoughts on EOH? Is it a buy at these levels, or is there just too much uncertainty, notwithstanding management's strong rejection of these allegations (do we believe management?).

If this dark cloud disappeared (a big if!), would EOH rerate on the fundamentals, or, has its reputation been damaged irreparably, resulting in a prolonged depressed price/ rating?

Thanks

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting