246 replies to this topic

#21 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 03:39 PM

Yes, about 90c in SA currency, but very little volume traded and I cannot see the spread. Think in SA it would be much more active.

Yea I agree will see more volumes when SA opens...

#22 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 02:37 PM

But from what I can tell on the Botswana stock exchange.... Trade is horizontal?

60p?

Yes, about 90c in SA currency, but very little volume traded and I cannot see the spread. Think in SA it would be much more active.

#23 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 02:08 PM

But from what I can tell on the Botswana stock exchange.... Trade is horizontal?

60p?

Edited by Lionelza1, 25 August 2020 - 02:08 PM.

#24 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 02:05 PM

Quite annoying that nothing said by JSE. My understanding is that they (JSE) have some iissues that clearly not yet resolved, but surely an announcement should be made. The share has been trading for almost a month in Botswana.

Yea I wudve expected choppies to let the market know why trade is still suspended, judging by the amount of corruption that went on within the company, perhaps that's still their culture... Who knows... Wait and see game now

#25 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 03:07 PM

Yea... Interesting how market will play this when it eventually opens for trade,

Alot has happened since suspension

Quite annoying that nothing said by JSE. My understanding is that they (JSE) have some iissues that clearly not yet resolved, but surely an announcement should be made. The share has been trading for almost a month in Botswana.

#26 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 08:41 AM

Spoke to the CEO. The JSE had some issues with the audit report qualification. They trying to sort out the issue and hopes share will be trading by next friday on the JSE.

Yea... Interesting how market will play this when it eventually opens for trade,

Alot has happened since suspension

#27 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 02:34 PM

On sens's prior to recent Financials they noted "primary listing on bsel and secondary listing on JSE. The listing on both exchanges are currently suspended"

Yesterdays sens does not mention "the listing on both exchanges are currently suspended".... Wierd

Spoke to the CEO. The JSE had some issues with the audit report qualification. They trying to sort out the issue and hopes share will be trading by next friday on the JSE. 

#28 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 02:53 PM

Annual report for 2019 released yesterday, so maybe that was still a requirement, but is strange still nothing.

Will wait till close of business Monday, and then try speak to the CEO of Choppies to find out what going on.

On sens's prior to recent Financials they noted "primary listing on bsel and secondary listing on JSE. The listing on both exchanges are currently suspended"

Yesterdays sens does not mention "the listing on both exchanges are currently suspended".... Wierd

#29 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 11:36 AM

Got it thank you... My brain goes lazy from time to time haha.... Really surprising JSE hasn't uplifted ban, what on earth r they waiting for

Annual report for 2019 released yesterday, so maybe that was still a requirement, but is strange still nothing. 

Will wait till close of business Monday, and then try speak to the CEO of Choppies to find out what going on.

#30 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 04:05 PM

Look at the BSE website, 1.8m shares traded at 69 pula (R1) yesterday. Very illiquid market so not best indicator though. Frustrating trying to find out about JSE.

Got it thank you... My brain goes lazy from time to time haha.... Really surprising JSE hasn't uplifted ban, what on earth r they waiting for

#31 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 03:32 PM

I'm trying to see how it's trading on the BSE since upliftment but not having any luck... Any idea on how it's trading?

Look at the BSE website, 1.8m shares traded at 69 pula (R1) yesterday. Very illiquid market so not best indicator though. Frustrating trying to find out about JSE.

#32 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 11:07 AM

Not sure, doubt fine would be reason not to announce when share will trade. Think the CEO would like to increase his stake to point where he cannot lose control of the company as nearly happened. Perhaps a buyout of the SA shareholders on cards? Either way I will be cautious about dumping share immediately.

I'm trying to see how it's trading on the BSE since upliftment but not having any luck... Any idea on how it's trading?

#33 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 12:28 PM

Yea strange no upliftment as yet. Perhaps there's a fine that needs to be paid first?

Not sure, doubt fine would be reason not to announce when share will trade. Think the CEO would like to increase his stake to point where he cannot lose control of the company as nearly happened. Perhaps a buyout of the SA shareholders on cards? Either way I will be cautious about dumping share immediately.

#34 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 11:18 AM

Strange that there is no JSE announcement as yet. The BSE was quite quick to announce they would trade from today. Will sit it out today and see but if no announcement I will make enquiries..

Yea strange no upliftment as yet. Perhaps there's a fine that needs to be paid first?

#35 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 10:40 AM

Yup finally hey. Competing with pnp and shoprite etc wudve been tough so Exiting SA market probably a good move.

Reports that they can still operate as a going concern so yea interesting how Mr M is going to view this.... Im hoping a pump :D

Should JSE not make an announcement on soon wrt upliftment of suspension?

Strange that there is no JSE announcement as yet. The BSE was quite quick to announce they would trade from today. Will sit it out today and see but if no announcement I will make enquiries..

#36 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 03:36 PM

Well results are finally out. Not good but if they can survive the four remaining countries could be quite profitable. South Africa incurred huge losses but is out now. I see the Botswana Stock Exchange has lifted suspension from Monday, so will be interesting to see if the JSE makes similar announcement. Where it will trade is anyones guess, but think the share will initially be dumped so may wait a bit and see,

Yup finally hey. Competing with pnp and shoprite etc wudve been tough so Exiting SA market probably a good move.

Reports that they can still operate as a going concern so yea interesting how Mr M is going to view this.... Im hoping a pump :D

Should JSE not make an announcement on soon wrt upliftment of suspension?

#37 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 03:11 PM

Finally hey.... Eish too much drama since suspension...

Well results are finally out. Not good but if they can survive the four remaining countries could be quite profitable. South Africa incurred huge losses but is out now. I see the Botswana Stock Exchange has lifted suspension from Monday, so will be interesting to see if the JSE makes similar announcement. Where it will trade is anyones guess, but think the share will initially be dumped so may wait a bit and see,

#38 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 05:39 PM

BRIEF-Choppies Enterprises Expects Financial Reports To Be Released By June 30 2020

Finally hey.... Eish too much drama since suspension...

#39 Motivated

Motivated

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 04:29 PM

BRIEF-Choppies Enterprises Expects Financial Reports To Be Released By June 30 2020

#40 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 06:36 AM

https://phoenixsun.c...choppies-board/

Ottapathu back from suspension.....

Alot of drama in choppies while share was suspended.

Will be touch and go when they release financials and remove suspension

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting