• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

#61 J3TM4N

J3TM4N

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 06:17 PM

Been following Sasol on and off but as of late I am a bit confused... Any recommendations or thoughts on the last few days surprising climb? Any link to the appointment of Constable to Fluor?

#62 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 30 October 2020 - 09:38 AM

Nothing going for SOL at the moment ... another storm for Lake Charles, oil prices under pressure with 2nd lockdown in many countries, rights offer still looming, US elections ... have I missed anything? 103 to 72 in 1 week  :(

Edited by Shi, 30 October 2020 - 09:38 AM.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#63 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 04:50 PM

Hold cash and try get this share again at the best possible level who knows what that could be, wspecially if we hear what the quantum legal challenge would equate to....idc lost something like r22b ...again not realistoc but potentially a settlement...

#64 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 04:10 PM

If one looks at only the chart it can go much deeper. Might even hit below 20 again. 

#65 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 27 October 2020 - 04:05 PM

Sjoe, big smack today. Where to from here  :(

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#66 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 10:37 AM

I took a little nibble yesterday around the R97 mark just to see what would happen. I would agree that it is probably safer to wait for the R70-80 mark, especially given the unknowns and the current market volatility.

Just my gut feel 2 cents, anything can happen. 

#67 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 03:03 PM

I want to top up on my portfolio. Will do end of month. Will wait as covid panic may play out a little more...think r70 to r80 would be good levels to buy.....whats your thoughts

#68 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 11:52 AM

Anyone going to take a bite at the current levels? 

#69 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 01:27 PM

The bottom with this share could be at r80....but hoping a recovery as many pension funds getting hammered

#70 vishalsur

vishalsur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 15 October 2020 - 01:21 PM

looking so tempting today

#71 nosh

nosh

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 12:49 PM

So after wasting 12 billion dollars of investors money they sell 50% (6billion dollars) for 2 billion dollars????????????????????

Can someone please go and show there management how a calculator works !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And all this to bring debt down from $10Billion to $8 billion.

I am certain that investors would have opted to rather do a rights issue for $2billion than to give 50% away for nothing. I mean we already footed the bill for the $12 billion so what is another $2 billion spread over all the shareholders.

I really hope that shareholders vote against this transaction as this does not make sense????????

Sasol is only selling 50% of its base chemicals unit for $2bn - NOT 50% of the entire LCCP.
25% cost of $12bn total cost is $3bn (cost of 50% of base chemicals unit) and they're selling it for $2bn
They needed to do this to bring high debt down
Rights issue is still on the cards - but will hopefully be at lower amount

#72 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 09:45 PM

Not sure on progress of class action law suit and if the loss with lake Charles ads merrit. Perhaps shareholders don't have a claim but with us adr, sasol may offer a settlement............more d9wnward pressure on share price....

#73 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 10:58 AM

So after wasting 12 billion dollars of investors money they sell 50% (6billion dollars) for 2 billion dollars????????????????????

Can someone please go and show there management how a calculator works !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am certain that investors would have opted to rather do a rights issue for $2billion than to give 50% away for nothing. I mean we already footed the bill for the $12 billion so what is another $2 billion spread over all the shareholders.

I really hope that shareholders vote against this transaction as this does not make sense????????

Notwithstanding this progress, the Company continues to work towards a rights offer of up to
US$2 billion in the second half of the 2021 financial year as the final step of the response plan. This,
if implemented, would allow Sasol to operate sustainably within its covenant thresholds and so deliver
on the Future Sasol Strategy. The amount to be raised in any rights offer and its timing remain subject
to prevailing operating and market conditions as well as other initiatives, such as further disposals,
that Sasol may implement. Any equity raising will also be aligned with the outlook for the Company
under the Future Sasol Strategy. In light of the extended period before any rights offer takes place,
the Company has terminated the standby underwriting arrangements that were put in place in March

So even though they sold 50% they will also ask the shareholders for $2 billion. Just ask for $4Billion and get it over with. We know management messed up so lets just refinance and and get it back on track. Sasol must claw back al salaries and bonusses paid to management over last 5 years - let them keep 50% of there salary so we can use the other 50% to pay for this mess.....

I am so mad, so please ignore all my comments as I am just trying to vent somewhere...............

#74 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 09:59 AM

#75 nosh

nosh

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 03:13 PM

https://anchorcapita...asset-disposals

thoughts ?

#76 budfox

budfox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 09:49 AM

Sasol issues update:

Fuel production in SA has resumed as economy recovers. Debt covenants have been relaxed substantially. The cash generation activities are on track. The oil price has been hedged. There is an extra $40m interest charge.

Given this update: no rights issue.

#77 Motivated

Motivated

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 03:04 PM

Even if I could make a R100 000 to cover up part o a R300 000 porfolio loss in 1 day as opposed to a good couple years via dividends????

Sent from my SM-N960F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#78 nosh

nosh

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 08:13 PM

Sasol draws multiple bids for stake in US chemical site

https://www.news24.c...l-site-20200613

Possible explanation for Sasol ADR jump yesterday?

#79 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 10:41 PM

Some news of sasol issues in Mozambique. Not sure if sasol owes 100m usd to moz gov. Or the tax offset.
May see pressure on oil as USA delicate with fears of extended lockdown....
Or may just see a resilient sasol forming its base now at rR130-R140

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#80 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 03:56 PM

Hold for 30 years is a good plan... Dont look at numbers... Just wait for dividends..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting