299 replies to this topic

#81 Motivated

Motivated

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 03:15 PM

Hi Everyone, 

Someone make me feel better lol - PLEASE!

So I bought a lot of sasol shares and I SAW a Profit of R113 000 HOWEVER my plan is to invest for the long term (30 years more) because I figured I will earn more through dividends....

Is it a bad move that I didn't sell when I saw the profit????? (Urgh I did the same for MTN and Steinhoff - Its painful)

Now my Profit is R20 000 on SASOL.

I sometimes get conflicted feelings about what to do BUT I have always just HELD....I have opted to BE AN INVESTOR.

Any advice for this green soul?

Thanks, 

M

#82 budfox

budfox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 09:23 AM

A billion plus barrels of oil stored offshore. Many have pumped sasol share with oil price increasing not knowing that sasol hedged lower price.
Also fears of a second wave of the virus coming out of lockdown resulting in protracted work from home globally and reduced flights adding to glut...... Very difficult to call a trend or a price here short term..... Buy for the long term..
Probably like an mtn share r50-R80 would be where I would be comfortable to load.... The large volume glut yesterday indicated something is on the cards.... The lawsuits are still open which may cause further declines...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

Will ignore for a little while then....wait for it to test 80 and then hold for long term.

#83 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 09:04 AM

A billion plus barrels of oil stored offshore. Many have pumped sasol share with oil price increasing not knowing that sasol hedged lower price.
Also fears of a second wave of the virus coming out of lockdown resulting in protracted work from home globally and reduced flights adding to glut...... Very difficult to call a trend or a price here short term..... Buy for the long term..
Probably like an mtn share r50-R80 would be where I would be comfortable to load.... The large volume glut yesterday indicated something is on the cards.... The lawsuits are still open which may cause further declines...

#84 budfox

budfox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 08:50 AM

Please can someone advise what is going on here... Was it a pump and dump... 11 million shares sold is there info we not aware of.. How low can this go

And at what price do we consider getting back in again...

#85 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 07:18 PM

Please can someone advise what is going on here... Was it a pump and dump... 11 million shares sold is there info we not aware of.. How low can this go

#86 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 12:50 PM

This is good news for all our pension plans..
There should be a dip again somewhere.... Oil pricing is for one thing never as predictable.... None of the stock levels and demand and production levels make any sense........ We should be drowning with oil....... Unless Opec had fictitious production.......

Good news though.... Shares are flying..

#87 budfox

budfox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 09:39 AM

The last 6mths in this share has either ruined or retired a trader......Again I have no words....Gone into auction mode as I type....

Have a great w/end peops... :)

Yeah regretting watching this one from the sidelines

#88 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 03:46 PM

The last 6mths in this share has either ruined or retired a trader......Again I have no words....Gone into auction mode as I type....

Have a great w/end peops... :)

Anyone need a heads up...!

#89 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 09:58 AM

Last half sold @ R81+change...All out now just long term portfolio holdings remain deep in the red...

Long term holding turned green this morning....After 2mths I was hoping for 2yrs....Again I have no words... :huh:

#90 LouahZA

LouahZA

• Pip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 18 May 2020 - 02:30 PM

is it buy time yet?

#91 Spell Jammer

Spell Jammer

• PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 07:17 AM

Seems like this may start dropping to buyer support level?

#92 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 11:15 AM

Oil up 6% overnight & the FED turning on the "cool aid" taps full bore.....Sasol should fly today....

Getting a long in at the open....

Holy Cow....!

I have no words....

Thankfully it opened late & too rich for my balls....

Sitting watching in wonder....

#93 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 08:34 AM

Oil up 6% overnight & the FED turning on the "cool aid" taps full bore.....Sasol should fly today....

Getting a long in at the open....

#94 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 01:05 PM

Got into a small short position @ R86-17.

Good call

#95 Pilotpilot

Pilotpilot

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 29 April 2020 - 11:38 AM

This is a guessing game...... and Sasol is so volatile. As Soutie has mentioned in another post this might be a short squeeze ....and I would agree it is the most probable scenario currently, because nothing else makes sense.

If this is the case, then estimating the time of the highest price would be easier than estimating the price. The institutions that shorted Sasol, needs to honor their margin calls at 12:00 midday or they need to buy back their positions before 12:00. This causes a lot of buying at this time between 11-12:00am.

Historically the prices of short squeezes reach their peak between 11:00 and 11:30 in the morning. It could be today at 11:30 or if we have another high close today....we could see the short term climax reached tomorrow morning.

I will add a small short this morning at around 11:30 and maybe add some tomorrow, but it will be a small position. I would not like to get squeezed too...

Got into a small short position @ R86-17.

Invest in what you know - Warren Buffet

www.justnextlevel.net

#96 Pilotpilot

Pilotpilot

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 29 April 2020 - 09:45 AM

Where do you see this rallying to?

This is a guessing game...... and Sasol is so volatile. As Soutie has mentioned in another post this might be a short squeeze ....and I would agree it is the most probable scenario currently, because nothing else makes sense.

If this is the case, then estimating the time of the highest price would be easier than estimating the price. The institutions that shorted Sasol, needs to honor their margin calls at 12:00 midday or they need to buy back their positions before 12:00. This causes a lot of buying at this time between 11-12:00am.

Historically the prices of short squeezes reach their peak between 11:00 and 11:30 in the morning. It could be today at 11:30 or if we have another high close today....we could see the short term climax reached tomorrow morning.

I will add a small short this morning at around 11:30 and maybe add some tomorrow, but it will be a small position. I would not like to get squeezed too...

www.justnextlevel.net

#97 nosh

nosh

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 03:50 PM

Just pure craziness and confusion......the WTI Oil price goes down by 31% ($16-58 to $11-41) since the closing of trade on Friday. Plus the Rand strengthens..........and what happens to Sasol........ it's up by 14% and climbing.

Oohhhh....these markets.......gotta love it.........all common sense goes out the window....... :D

I will update this afternoon and see what my program advises......because my advice would be wrong!!.... :D  :D

Just pure craziness and confusion......the WTI Oil price goes down by 31% ($16-58 to $11-41) since the closing of trade on Friday. Plus the Rand strengthens..........and what happens to Sasol........ it's up by 14% and climbing.

Oohhhh....these markets.......gotta love it.........all common sense goes out the window....... :D

I will update this afternoon and see what my program advises......because my advice would be wrong!!.... :D  :D

Here's an interesting article, correlating crude oil with Sasol (and other stocks). Looks like correlation is strong but divergence has happened before

https://www.linkedin...ullah-kauchali/

#98 Spell Jammer

Spell Jammer

• PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 02:19 PM

A lot of people must have thought with a 30+% drop in the Oil price over the weekend, Sasol would be a sure thing to short this morning. An boy are they getting it wrong!....Bear trap indeed!

I am not convinced that this is the turning point yet....short term indicators have not broken their trend; in fact they have broken out to the top end and could spark a stronger rally. Especially when short positions need to close out tomorrow of the day after......

Where do you see this rallying to?

#99 Pilotpilot

Pilotpilot

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 28 April 2020 - 02:13 PM

I give up trying to predict the movement on this share. These movements arent based on any logical reasoning, let alone company fundamentals. One would think that this is all highly negative news for Sasol. Mr market has other ideas. Could it be the bear trap you've warned about?

A lot of people must have thought with a 30+% drop in the Oil price over the weekend, Sasol would be a sure thing to short this morning. An boy are they getting it wrong!....Bear trap indeed!

I am not convinced that this is the turning point yet....short term indicators have not broken their trend; in fact they have broken out to the top end and could spark a stronger rally. Especially when short positions need to close out tomorrow of the day after......

www.justnextlevel.net

#100 Spell Jammer

Spell Jammer

• PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 01:29 PM

I give up trying to predict the movement on this share. These movements arent based on any logical reasoning, let alone company fundamentals. One would think that this is all highly negative news for Sasol. Mr market has other ideas. Could it be the bear trap you've warned about?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting