814 replies to this topic

#541 orca

orca

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

Don't understand it myself Delta. Went into a nose dive minutes after the SENS.

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#542 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

market didn't seem to like PNC voluntary trading statement yesterday...

Pinnacle is pleased to provide guidance to the market, as provided for in
section 3.4(B)(i)(2) of the JSE Listings Requirements, regarding the
anticipated headline earnings per share ("HEPS") and earnings per share ("EPS")
ranges for the financial year ended 30 June 2013.

Shareholders are advised that the Company is reasonably certain that its
audited results for the year ended 30 June 2013 will reflect a HEPS and an EPS
of between 200 cents per share ("cps") and 207 cps respectively, which is
between 14% and 18% higher than the HEPS of 175.1 cps and the EPS of 175.4 cps
achieved in the comparative period last year.

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#543 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:05 PM

He's the analyst I'm some bald guy on the internet now who you gonna believe.   ;)

The bald guys on the internet are generally more reliable  ;)  (if not paedophiles)

give me one of those over an analcyst any day

will keep an eye on WSL though I rarely buy miners...in this case a minor miner  :D

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#544 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:13 PM

Soutie, you'll like the sound of this

http://bluegemresear...e Gem Research)

Well obviously yeah....! border line aroused nog al :D 

Seriously I've held this share for over 5yrs doggedly sticking to the belief that management will be in the right place at the right time.

Is now that time...?  You decide...?

One of the reasons it is rising in price is due to the heading of your link, thanks by the way.

An overlooked coal junior with exciting prospects. Analysts are only waking up to its existence now.

So coverage will be more forthcoming in the next few mths/ yrs.

If it closes at 163c today thats a 10% increase in 2 days. Buyers are looking for chunks not the 10,000's that are on offer at the moment.

In my post under I mention it will trade around R2.50 next year now with this piece I'm not the only one with that view.

He's the analyst I'm some bald guy on the internet now who you gonna believe.   ;) 

Buy some today you won't be sorry come December time. Me thinks.   :ph34r:  

Anyone need a heads up...!

#545 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:23 AM

WSL my biggest & longest holding has had a dramatic increase in volume recently.

I'm not aware of any other corporate action other than the acquisition of a mid-sized coal trading company.

This is not a deal that is going to radically change the substance of the company, it will however make them one of the largest trading enterprises dealing in coal.

The last set of results were in line with my expectations given the general weakening coal pricing environment. The divi was a surprise though.

I have punted this counter previously so here it is again check it out & decide for yourselves.

The next phase will be reflected in the interims at the end of the year (December time) sticking to my prediction this will trade in the mid R2's in Jan/Feb next year.

Disclaimer - I'm bald, very bald, in fact shiney head bald.

Soutie, you'll like the sound of this

http://bluegemresear...e Gem Research)

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#546 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

Ill look for a pullback to R1.30 to get back in!!

Thanks Southie... plenty volumes going through  today too

WSL my biggest & longest holding has had a dramatic increase in volume recently.

I'm not aware of any other corporate action other than the acquisition of a mid-sized coal trading company.

This is not a deal that is going to radically change the substance of the company, it will however make them one of the largest trading enterprises dealing in coal.

The last set of results were in line with my expectations given the general weakening coal pricing environment. The divi was a surprise though.

I have punted this counter previously so here it is again check it out & decide for yourselves.

The next phase will be reflected in the interims at the end of the year (December time) sticking to my prediction this will trade in the mid R2's in Jan/Feb next year.

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#547 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:59 AM

Anyone need a heads up...!

#548 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:00 AM

heya gamma, at current price they seem fair value, some might say even a tad over valued.  great stock with forward potential, they make up close to 10% of my LT port.  not expecting big jumps next few months but could be wrong, they've tested the R95+ level on several sessions over the last couple weeks.

Thanks

#549 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

heya gamma, at current price they seem fair value, some might say even a tad over valued.  great stock with forward potential, they make up close to 10% of my LT port.  not expecting big jumps next few months but could be wrong, they've tested the R95+ level on several sessions over the last couple weeks.

#550 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

almost 5% drop in OCE today, haven't heard any news so hoping its just volatility.  will be watching closely tomorrow, wouldn't be surprised if we see a bounce back to R95-R96. tempted to take a small long position early in the morning

Delta, I've been looking at OCE a bit. What are your thoughts on the current price? 

#551 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:55 PM

almost 5% drop in OCE today, haven't heard any news so hoping its just volatility.  will be watching closely tomorrow, wouldn't be surprised if we see a bounce back to R95-R96. tempted to take a small long position early in the morning

Edited by delta66, 06 August 2013 - 05:56 PM.

#552 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:17 PM

You know, history repeats itself over and over and over again. The mistake we make is to think "This Time it's Different". US market is just smoke and mirrors stuff. 

http://www.hussmanfu...c/wmc130729.htm

Over exuberence rules - just like the NPN stock price.  :P

Moon, I'm not saying that the market won't correct (it will), I'm simply pointing out that the technicals don't support the likelihood it will happen this week.

There is still good money to be made being long as this is where the momentum is. I don't think selling everything and shorting the market right now, a la chicken little (read HDB) is the right call at this moment.

#553 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:06 PM

This is Detroit today.  And America tomorrow.

3462138943_da56185d99.jpg

#554 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

You know, history repeats itself over and over and over again. The mistake we make is to think "This Time it's Different". US market is just smoke and mirrors stuff. 

Moon don't tell Gamma that...He is living in a smokescreen!! :rolleyes:

Gamma back to your post about me saying big correction coming.. Remember Top40 fell to 34500 when i made that post..Helicopter Ben then shifted the goalposts just postponing the inevitable!! That day is coming.. Timing is the key!!! :)

Anyway most of my long trm stocks that i sold, i can buy them back cheaper now but will not!! Each man for his own...Depends on your risk profile and experience of the market i suppose!! But hay its gonna be a slippery ride 

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#555 Moonraker

Moonraker

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationGeorge

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

A lot of people have come out of the woodwork and are calling for an end to the rally. I'm not so sure though. This pop through 1700 looks more like a breakout that is likely to continue. Note the volume on yesterday's move.

S&P 1 yr daily

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-08-02 at 6.50.32 AM.png

#556 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

Makes me think of Coronation. Moving ever increasing amounts from the midcaps must be getting difficult now. Probably will have to do large caps only soon. Then the Top 40 and the investors would do better by going solo on STX40 or Indi. 

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#557 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:51 PM

good article for the long term investor

http://blog.sharewea...ems.com/?p=2526

#558 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:56 AM

A lot of people have come out of the woodwork and are calling for an end to the rally. I'm not so sure though. This pop through 1700 looks more like a breakout that is likely to continue. Note the volume on yesterday's move.

S&P 1 yr daily

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-08-02 at 6.50.32 AM.png   65.03KB   50 downloads

Edited by gamma, 02 August 2013 - 06:57 AM.

#559 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

Markets are a bit like watching grass grow at the moment...not that I'm complaining..

#560 shelddy

shelddy

• Pip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

Any thoughts on the AVI voluntary trading update...?

Looks like trading conditions are still gonna remain tough for some time!

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting