814 replies to this topic

#321 orca

orca

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:10 PM

Six gains out of 10 trades give you 4 losses and 2 of those losses were in CML if I remember correctly. Was it not around R70 then? Had you gone long instead of short as I told you, you would have made a pretty good gain by now. 

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#322 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:04 AM

Guys keep it easy!

Everyone has his own opinion, who is right or who is wrong doesn't matter but I must admit, performance does speak for itself.. ;)

Envious of your growth gamma, well done! I myself keeping shares I have and moving to ETF's forward as I personally don't have the constraint in share managing (impulse decisions cost me total of 30% of portfolio in transaction fees and losses as of today - luckily not big money we are talking about here but still), so will need to re-evaluate my way forward by diversifying outside shares as well because all my savings currently strapped in shares..

Edited by Goliath, 22 March 2014 - 10:08 AM.

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#323 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:18 PM

Lol!!
Little sensitive aren't you?
I've called the market long for 3 years. And guess what? Market has gone up for 3 years..
When I call it short I will let you know. Remember HDB, you called it short last year June! Go and look at where it is since then. Hope no one on this thread listened or they would have missed some juicy upside.

Btw..in case you haven't noticed, this is a long term thread...not alsi

FYI. I made a few wrong calls and never shy away from them but MIX is not one of them yet. If I'm wrong about it I will accept it but the fundamentals support it going forward. Your problem is you only know how to value on a PE...you have no concept about factors that influence potential growth. Probably good thing you stick to scalping.

You still dont get it do you???...

Well i suppose you will never understand what im trying to get across to you!!

Senseless exercise for me to try anymore honestly!!!!!

Please dont disappear when the market falls ok because thats the time you should be buying!! Got it? No ...ahh welll you will never learn...

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#324 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:49 PM

Lol!!
Little sensitive aren't you?
I've called the market long for 3 years. And guess what? Market has gone up for 3 years..
When I call it short I will let you know. Remember HDB, you called it short last year June! Go and look at where it is since then. Hope no one on this thread listened or they would have missed some juicy upside.

Btw..in case you haven't noticed, this is a long term thread...not alsi

FYI. I made a few wrong calls and never shy away from them but MIX is not one of them yet. If I'm wrong about it I will accept it but the fundamentals support it going forward. Your problem is you only know how to value on a PE...you have no concept about factors that influence potential growth. Probably good thing you stick to scalping.

Panic? WOW :rolleyes: B) :D

Their you go again making silly accusations...
You right i have not posted my long term port,. So what? Long term is long term so dont need to show off with it.
If you wanna see my trades go to alsi and cfd threads and ull see my losing and winning trades their. 6 outa 10 winning trades with sound money management is good enuff to make money and break the bank .
In fact i unlike you, dont have anything to prove to anyone in this forum. My inbox and private messages tell it all!!
You use the word panic when their is a bump.. Come on. Who in their right frame of mind advises other forum members to buy shares long term when the market is near all time highs. Yes you can trade them but at those prices buying long term does not make any sense whatsoever!!! Their will always be a pullback to buy and you have countless times at markets tops advised on adding and i corrected you. Even your 10 bagger MIX at R6.00 going to R60.00 does not make any sense at all..Their too i corrected you!! So please stop pumping because newbies here will get badly burnt and will have no claim against you!!

Remember i am no expert and neither are you. I am only in this forum to teach and learn and i am not selling any product.

The fact is you only post when the market goes up and that too only pumping the shares you own!!! :wub:

So go back inside your closet and stop making accusations silly boy!!

BTW im still short apn frm R265 and will stop out if she reaches R301.00! mmm in fact i may just double up n my short at R301 :)

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#325 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:55 PM

lol what nonsense..go read my post history..I've been here all along just way too busy with other matters to be posting 20x a day.

As I told you many times HDB,..you panic everytime the market hits a little bump! Don't make me go and dig up your posts from June last year...

FYI

My LT portfolio was transparent through 2014. 40%+... 65% in 2013.....45% in 2012

Have you ever posted your portfolio up front? LOL..I didn't think so..usually we hear from you when claim to close a so called winning trade only.

By the way...how's your Aspen 180 short target doing! 

Panic? WOW  :rolleyes:  B)  :D

Their you go again making silly accusations...

You right i have not posted my long term port,. So what? Long term is long term so dont need to show off with it.

If you wanna see my trades go to alsi and cfd threads and ull see my losing and winning trades their. 6 outa 10 winning trades with sound money management is good enuff to make money and break the bank .

In fact i unlike you, dont have anything to prove to anyone in this forum. My inbox and private messages tell it all!!

You use the word panic when their is a bump.. Come on. Who in their right frame of mind advises other forum members to buy shares long term when the market is near all time highs. Yes you can trade them but at those prices buying long term does not make any sense whatsoever!!! Their will always be a pullback to buy and you have countless times at markets tops advised on adding and i corrected you. Even your 10 bagger MIX at R6.00 going to R60.00 does not make any sense at all..Their too i corrected you!! So please stop pumping because newbies here will get badly burnt and will have no claim against you!!

Remember i am no expert and neither are you. I am only in this forum to teach and learn and i am not selling any product.

The fact is you only post when the market goes up and that too only pumping the shares you own!!! :wub:

So go back inside your closet and stop making accusations silly boy!!

BTW im still short apn frm R265 and will stop out if she reaches R301.00! mmm in fact i may just double up n my short at R301  :)

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#326 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:30 PM

and now he comes out of the closet!!! Yeah typical when the market goes down he hides in the closet!!

Every man for himself China!!

lol what nonsense..go read my post history..I've been here all along just way too busy with other matters to be posting 20x a day.

As I told you many times HDB,..you panic everytime the market hits a little bump! Don't make me go and dig up your posts from June last year...

FYI

My LT portfolio was transparent through 2014. 40%+... 65% in 2013.....45% in 2012

Have you ever posted your portfolio up front? LOL..I didn't think so..usually we hear from you when claim to close a so called winning trade only.

By the way...how's your Aspen 180 short target doing! 

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#327 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:53 PM

There was a time when taper talk was all consuming. And now the taper hardly moves the market. In fact the US is up!

Just goes to show, you have these people on this forum that will constantly cry that the sky is falling yet 6 months later they find the market is higher. 

If you're holding long term you should avoid all the noise and stick to your guns. 

My two biggest holdings FBR and and CML are moving up nicely in the last few days. So far YTD I'm barely up 4%. Not a great return but after 40% last year I'm looking for 20% in 2014 so 4% after 3 months is okay. Gotta hit 6% to cover inflation and then will be making money.

Current portfolio in order of weighting attached. Looking to add to Aspen.

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

and now he comes out of the closet!!! Yeah typical when the market goes down he hides in the closet!!

Every man for himself China!!

HDB

#328 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

There was a time when taper talk was all consuming. And now the taper hardly moves the market. In fact the US is up!

Just goes to show, you have these people on this forum that will constantly cry that the sky is falling yet 6 months later they find the market is higher. 

If you're holding long term you should avoid all the noise and stick to your guns. 

My two biggest holdings FBR and and CML are moving up nicely in the last few days. So far YTD I'm barely up 4%. Not a great return but after 40% last year I'm looking for 20% in 2014 so 4% after 3 months is okay. Gotta hit 6% to cover inflation and then will be making money.

Current portfolio in order of weighting attached. Looking to add to Aspen.

Attached File  Capture.PNG   4.79KB   56 downloads

#329 Procrastinator

Procrastinator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:56 PM

Santova looks like it's experiencing an interesting pull back.

Bummer, I'm still up 66% as of now! hope I don't have to give it all back! maybe need a SL?
Don't want to sell, like this one for a longer term.
Where did those damn 10 baggers go?

#330 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:48 AM

adding more KIO in LT port..bidding at 357.50 just off today's low(35537)

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#331 ThatBlackGuy

ThatBlackGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:48 AM

Santova looks like it's experiencing an interesting pull back.

Yes, I will take your money!  :ph34r:

#332 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:10 AM

will start selling 50% of holdings in SGL from 2500 to bring weighting down..will prob continue higher so don't read into this as negative. just re-weighting - pure and simple.

#333 Safrican

Safrican

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationLyford Cay.

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:13 PM

Bought BGA at 134.41. ... I hope she will run along in the next few months ... and I like the Div.

We shall see ...

Thank you for your time and I will thank you for mine. - Rodriguez

#334 ThatBlackGuy

ThatBlackGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:23 AM

Nice one, I was wondering what your more compelling investment case was.

I don't have the bollocks for the mining companies in SA, 38 000 employees, mining in SA can get real ugly real quick.

The Multichoice BEE share (Phuthuma Nathi) is also seriously undervalued in my books, so I keep adding there when I don't have other cases... But that's not for everyone I guess.

#335 ThatBlackGuy

ThatBlackGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:21 AM

I don't have the bollocks for the mining companies in SA, 38 000 employees, mining in SA can get real ugly real quick.

Yeah, it was a close one, cause both were undervalued in books.

But the yield, the Gold price resurgence, coupled with the multiple were too much for me to resist, notwithstanding the mining issues in RSA.

Santova has run quite hard as well during that time... will wait for the next set of numbers to see whether there is still an opportunity there.

#336 Procrastinator

Procrastinator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:12 PM

I picked this stock over Santova a few months back .... up 100%. Its ridiculous.

Where did those damn 10 baggers go?

#337 ThatBlackGuy

ThatBlackGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:16 PM

SGL thanks for div and still on a burn!..almost up 100% LT port in 6months :D  making money has never been easier :lol:

I picked this stock over Santova a few months back .... up 100%. Its ridiculous. 

#338 WINH

WINH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:41 AM

SGL thanks for div and still on a burn!..almost up 100% LT port in 6months :D  making money has never been easier :lol:

Good for you... as for me, i wanted to pick it up @ R12, but the members of the Club i'm trading for just told me they want nothing to with mining.... i'm tempted to show them how SGL has been doing!

#339 WINH

WINH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:18 AM

special divi paid

Might be a good opportunity to pick it up!

#340 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:12 PM

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting