805 replies to this topic

#681 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:41 PM

This bull is on steroids, need to exit this short. The 15 min resolution isn't so lekker will stick to 1 hour resolution I could have kept my long instead.

#682 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 05:35 PM

Awesome, will appreciate your input ZoomZ

#683 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,080 posts
  • LocationOn my Alibaba Mat

Posted 15 September 2015 - 05:28 PM

hey blyth nice thread dude..i trade these indices muito..i'll pop in here for sure

#684 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 05:17 PM

My target was hit on DOW long, now I find myself short and I wonder am I sane?

#685 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:18 PM

This thread has very little activity, anyway let me keep it alive.

I see some more downward pressure on DOW and DAX but i have just entered a long we might experience a bounce from these levels in the short term then down again and after that, i will enter longs most of which will be held till end of the year.

I have some exciting trade ideas for those long term longs for those of you who use IG using options, but then again i am sure there are IG employees who are reading this so i am not going to let them know of my ploy against them so if you are interested of this idea just inbox and i will gladly share it with you.

Cheers!

Closed longs now waiting for further downward movement where i will enter longs for the long haul

#686 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:07 PM

This thread has very little activity, anyway let me keep it alive. 

I see some more downward pressure on DOW and DAX but i have just entered a long we might experience a bounce from these levels in the short term then down again and after that, i will enter longs most of which will be held till end of the year. 

I have some exciting trade ideas for those long term longs for those of you who use IG using options, but then again i am sure there are IG employees who are reading this so i am not going to let them know of my ploy against them so if you are interested of this idea just inbox and i will gladly share it with you. 

Cheers!

#687 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:04 PM

Alexis Tsipras is really holding us hostage  :lol:

#688 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:30 PM

I think that was the dip for the day on DAX and FTSE. 15 min chart says we are good for longs, all aboard!

#689 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:00 AM

All aboard the express train is about to leave for destination futures close-out. Powered by DAX, FTSE, DOW and S&P500.

My only concern here is the Greek crisis, if these guys fail to reach an agreement this thing could fall like a rock 

#690 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:56 PM

All aboard the express train is about to leave for destination futures close-out. Powered by DAX, FTSE, DOW and S&P500.

#691 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:24 PM

Could be right BlythZ with this week being bearish and the US also going down, I've been too fixed on the usualy futures close-out pattern and saw something else, this could be Major 2 of Primary V bottoming...now there's a thought! :blink:

A

My crystal ball seems to be on point.  :)

#692 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:35 PM

Hey A, 

I agree with you 100% that this period is volatile and yes, historically there is a strong push into close-out especially the last day. Until Greece deal is finalised i remain Bearish but there could be a nice opportunity to buy the dip which i have a strong feeling is coming today or tomorrow before we rally into Thursday

Could be right BlythZ with this week being bearish and the US also going down, I've been too fixed on the usualy futures close-out pattern and saw something else, this could be Major 2 of Primary V bottoming...now there's a thought! :blink:

A

"Never never never give up!"

#693 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:07 PM

A, I agree it is unlikely that Greece will default or Grexit, but they play so much cat and mouse instead of settling before our Futures close out with all its option levels  this Thursday - 

#694 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:46 AM

News never override technicals (cycles) IMO...this period before close-out is always volatile, refer to March 2015 and September 2014 and ultimately results in a  good push higher into end of week...Greece will not default (for now) and got a feeling that deal will cause the gap higher to put in the top end of week before we plunge! ;)

A

Hey A, 

I agree with you 100% that this period is volatile and yes, historically there is a strong push into close-out especially the last day. Until Greece deal is finalised i remain Bearish but there could be a nice opportunity to buy the dip which i have a strong feeling is coming today or tomorrow before we rally into Thursday

#695 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:42 AM

Blythe wrote: "South Africa stock market cap is US$ 612 Billion and US stock market cap is US$ 18.668 trillion, that is 30 times the SA market, i don't think we can pull up any of the big guys but they would rather take us where they want go .." 

so anybody have the nums compared to say UK and Germany? cant find them

yip, good to remember this, esp so with many of our T40 big timers being international shares - SA is the tail that the dog wags!

... but now and again I've seen our graphs precede the pattern of direction of their charts - overall currently the currency values is stacked against ZAR and other Emerging countries money flows. ( with the Sudanese president thing the last few days SA voted against its own integrity and other investors will take note)

Hi Ocean, 

Here is a link with the information. https://www.quandl.c...tion-by-country

I think forex movements have a lot do with our graphs preceding the other charts, the ZAR would be taking a hiding when we go up first and strengthening when we go down first because we have a lot of exposure in terms of dually listed stocks when you convert them from GBP to ZAR for the LSE listed stocks it would really affect our market. But if forex was to be constant i bet you we could even trade ALSI by just looking at FTSE chart :lol:   

#696 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:19 AM

I think a lot now depends on Greece, if a deal comes through then we go higher, if there is no deal then i think Bears will take full control of the market and technicals will be disregarded. 

Other things remaining constant i think there is some more business to the downside before the journey to the North begins. 

South Africa stock market cap is US$ 612 Billion and US stock market cap is US$ 18.668 trillion, that is 30 times the SA market, i don't think we can pull up any of the big guys but they would rather take us where they want go  :lol:

News never override technicals (cycles) IMO...this period before close-out is always volatile, refer to March 2015 and September 2014 and ultimately results in a  good push higher into end of week...Greece will not default (for now) and got a feeling that deal will cause the gap higher to put in the top end of week before we plunge! ;)

A

Edited by Argento, 15 June 2015 - 10:20 AM.

#697 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:28 AM

Blythe wrote: "South Africa stock market cap is US$ 612 Billion and US stock market cap is US$ 18.668 trillion, that is 30 times the SA market, i don't think we can pull up any of the big guys but they would rather take us where they want go .." 

so anybody have the nums compared to say UK and Germany? cant find them

yip, good to remember this, esp so with many of our T40 big timers being international shares - SA is the tail that the dog wags!

... but now and again I've seen our graphs precede the pattern of direction of their charts - overall currently the currency values is stacked against ZAR and other Emerging countries money flows. ( with the Sudanese president thing the last few days SA voted against its own integrity and other investors will take note)

#698 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 08:30 PM

I would be careful looking at shorts and expecting downside next week, Top40 ready to shoot higher (inverted H&S confirmed on 5H) and don't think we will be alone, roll overs big event and major players at work creating much volatility..but with a bullish bias!

But after...o yes!!

A

I think a lot now depends on Greece, if a deal comes through then we go higher, if there is no deal then i think Bears will take full control of the market and technicals will be disregarded. 

Other things remaining constant i think there is some more business to the downside before the journey to the North begins. 

South Africa stock market cap is US$ 612 Billion and US stock market cap is US$ 18.668 trillion, that is 30 times the SA market, i don't think we can pull up any of the big guys but they would rather take us where they want go  :lol:

#699 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:48 AM

Closed trade manually, the 4H chart is not looking good. That potential H&S might just be forming the right shoulder as per initial analysis. If that happens i think there will be a lot downside.  

I would be careful looking at shorts and expecting downside next week, Top40 ready to shoot higher (inverted H&S confirmed on 5H) and don't think we will be alone, roll overs big event and major players at work creating much volatility..but with a bullish bias!

But after...o yes!!

A

Edited by Argento, 12 June 2015 - 09:49 AM.

#700 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:02 PM

I am long DOW, target 18,153 (mid point between R1 and R2)

Happy trading to you all  :)

Closed trade manually, the 4H chart is not looking good. That potential H&S might just be forming the right shoulder as per initial analysis. If that happens i think there will be a lot downside.  

Attached Files

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting