#461 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,080 posts
  • LocationOn my Alibaba Mat

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:01 PM

Indeed Mn. Gannet is correct vis a vis 38% fib bounces...the 50% is however very NB for bounces support / resistance...the 61% like the former also 'fakes' bounces more often that the 50%...that said...I look to trust them ALL for bounces and support/resistance..but apply more stringent multiple back-tests of them to make confirming or counter trend decisions. One thing for sure...basis daily and longer time scales these fibs in BEAR markets are essential as market gyrations levitate intrinsically / metaphysically towards them...just like your nose to your face and fingers to our hand are in golden mean ratio to each other. ;)

#462 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 22 September 2015 - 04:36 PM

Thanks gannet. 

Now this is the kind of spirit that should be on a forum, i am sure i am not the only one learning here. Lurkers please node your heads... 

:lol:

:D

#463 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 04:06 PM

precisely dudes....now good luck and go gettem

#464 Turboshark

Turboshark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:46 PM

ditto

#465 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:37 PM

Fib will also help. If you can find the correct range to measure ... look for bounces failing at 38%. That's always a sign of a weak counter trend rally. 

Bollinger Bands also offer clues. Weak markets struggle to stay over the center line. (like me driving home on a Friday night)

Thanks gannet. 

Now this is the kind of spirit that should be on a forum, i am sure i am not the only one learning here. Lurkers please node your heads... 

:lol:

#466 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:34 PM

Good B...mate practice at least on daily and weekly pivots...for any instrument/stock etc..short a defined break of a pivot..place profit stops at S1 S2 etc..watch longer time frames..or place stop loss near the same pivot...and wait for pivots to confirm themselves a few times...then trust them if they break pivots with conviction. Cross overs are good but so often I see traders missing out on a good profitable trade waiting for a crossover to confirm only to miss the blaring information in a pivot break. This is a good start for shorting. Use same channels naturally.Works much more often than not.good luck.

Thanks mate that is good advice. 

Looking at the Dow chart it is quite clear how the weekly pivot, resistance and support levels are important and the damn thing bounces either way at pivot. 

#467 gannet

gannet

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:33 PM

ZoomZ, true i am mostly on the buying side and i get caught on the wrong side many at times. 

Will practise my short selling skills. 

Fib will also help. If you can find the correct range to measure ... look for bounces failing at 38%. That's always a sign of a weak counter trend rally. 

Bollinger Bands also offer clues. Weak markets struggle to stay over the center line. (like me driving home on a Friday night)

#468 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:14 PM

Good B...mate practice at least on daily and weekly pivots...for any instrument/stock etc..short a defined break of a pivot..place profit stops at S1 S2 etc..watch longer time frames..or place stop loss near the same pivot...and wait for pivots to confirm themselves a few times...then trust them if they break pivots with conviction. Cross overs are good but so often I see traders missing out on a good profitable trade waiting for a crossover to confirm only to miss the blaring information in a pivot break. This is a good start for shorting. Use same channels naturally.Works much more often than not.good luck.

#469 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:46 PM

B..I get it...you are not one to short markets/instruments are you?? mmmm bro u gotta get both sides of the market to make cash....good cash...especially now in bearish modes. One side trading puts enormous stress on your ability to outperform...and because one's mind is predisposed to say a long or short only side trade one is oftentimes caught in the wrong side of a market due to the untenable ability to admit the market is moving in the other direction...this is more often than not in bear markets. disbelief begets grief in bass relief ...mate I see only problems for markets...alsi should test bottom of channel...42000 odd..the channel is in play until it is not IMO.good luck brother.

ZoomZ, true i am mostly on the buying side and i get caught on the wrong side many at times. 

Will practise my short selling skills. 

#470 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:47 PM

hey B  after US open we could rally hard this this drop seems europe related  VW has dropped 40% in 2 days and dragging all the other auto companies with it 

the autos on dax account for more than 10% weighting of the index

Drop has nothing to do with DAX

Its all about China

Resources taking a pounding because of this factor.

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#471 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:46 PM

B..I get it...you are not one to short markets/instruments are you?? mmmm bro u gotta get both sides of the market to make cash....good cash...especially now in bearish modes. One side trading puts enormous stress on your ability to outperform...and because one's mind is predisposed to say a long or short only side trade one is oftentimes caught in the wrong side of a market due to the untenable ability to admit the market is moving in the other direction...this is more often than not in bear markets. disbelief begets grief in bass relief ...mate I see only problems for markets...alsi should test bottom of channel...42000 odd..the channel is in play until it is not IMO.good luck brother.

#472 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:38 PM

hey B  after US open we could rally hard this this drop seems europe related  VW has dropped 40% in 2 days and dragging all the other auto companies with it 

Thanks Franky, makes sense. 

#473 franky

franky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:28 PM

dax 30 weighting

vw down 20% again today (yesterday down 20%)

Attached Files

Edited by franky, 22 September 2015 - 01:31 PM.

#474 franky

franky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:26 PM

Now for turnaround Tuesday, how much can ALSI recover today?

#475 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:20 PM

ZoomZ, what is your take? 

#476 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:06 PM

#477 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:14 PM

Phew luckily i managed to get out of long at 16,454 when momentum was gone and had to step out of a while. 

Will consider going long again at 16,200

Buy order revised to 16,000

#478 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:38 PM

Phew luckily i managed to get out of long at 16,454 when momentum was gone and had to step out of a while. 

Will consider going long again at 16,200

#479 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:48 PM

outside elliptic band now on 5 min and 1 hour..still inside on 4 hour....not looking great 'cos below diagonal since thursday....short continuance and 146 points since daily highs/warning....previous parameters still stand..orders in 4 cover of retest of lows..review there...roger that, over n out.

#480 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:24 PM

ellipse still working although the diameter test was lower than 16467....but sitting at XX467 now....it could still be in game. amazing if true...the problem is the 1 hour chart must break and hold 16517 because that would only qualify as  a goodbye to down from the 155ema.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting