35854 replies to this topic

#30301 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

Well Lekkerry just think about it, we were all talking short from the time we hit 38000 and we kept climbing, a lot of reason and speculation why we should now correct and go down, charts etc, seasonal effects, waves etc.But we kept climbing , good news or bad news out of US did not matter we kept going higher untill Syria came up and we dropped a bit. QE talk did not move us and in the end the QE will only be reduced in small sections at a time so bulk of mone are still available and that will not cause us to fall.China looking stronger so Us and Europe so why should we just fall. The investors still see us as a oppurtunity and that is why we are climbing. As al ot of  guys pointed out before Top 40 is made up of a lot of companies outside of resources that have more weight than gold for instance, take Naspers and Shoprite just booming and taking us up. I am allso confident that we shall see the bit of a pullback as markets normally do while goiing higher but i am rather long at this stage than short, broad world economies are stronger and gaining QE or no QE. The big correction and 4000 drop theory has cost me a lot of money until i starting going long on the dips and stopped believing this big correction theories. If the first missile is fired in Syria i will short!!

That's why they say the market is a risky place, if trading was easy everyone will be rich

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#30302 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:20 PM

Sounds almost rational yes!

Trade the market, not the expectation. 100 points-a-day keeps the wallet fat, I say!

P.s. don't get me wrong, I also get caught in the hype at times, but am learning to think for myself!

Well Lekkerry just think about it, we were all talking short from the time we hit 38000 and we kept climbing, a lot of reason and speculation why we should now correct and go down, charts etc, seasonal effects, waves etc.But we kept climbing , good news or bad news out of US did not matter we kept going higher untill Syria came up and we dropped a bit. QE talk did not move us and in the end the QE will only be reduced in small sections at a time so bulk of mone are still available and that will not cause us to fall.China looking stronger so Us and Europe so why should we just fall. The investors still see us as a oppurtunity and that is why we are climbing. As al ot of  guys pointed out before Top 40 is made up of a lot of companies outside of resources that have more weight than gold for instance, take Naspers and Shoprite just booming and taking us up. I am allso confident that we shall see the bit of a pullback as markets normally do while goiing higher but i am rather long at this stage than short, broad world economies are stronger and gaining QE or no QE. The big correction and 4000 drop theory has cost me a lot of money until i starting going long on the dips and stopped believing this big correction theories. If the first missile is fired in Syria i will short!!

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#30303 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

IG CASH

#30304 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

Sunesis what your take atm,YEn climbing and rates climbing, this is 2 factors you sdaid earlier you use as indicators,we should then fall but we are climbing

US 10 yields are still below 3% and the Rand gained value over the dollar in last few days. They went against shorting.

The best strategy is to short the top, every time and make some money and get out.

Then short another top, and so on.

I cannot keep going long on a overbought market, the bubble has to burst at some stage. I don't want to be on the wrong side when it bursts.

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#30305 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

You are making very wide and wild assumptions bear catcher.

And then I am not even talking about your assessment of "war talk" and QE!

The only thing for bears is war because that was it that made us go down, QE is gonna be minimal.Market makers and Argento the only guys laughing atm. Well Argento did warn us. The overall economy in SA obviously only looking bad for our own traders.I for one feel the same as Sunesis but that is to short but this market just burns all shorts.

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#30306 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

Sunesis what your take atm,YEn climbing and rates climbing, this is 2 factors you sdaid earlier you use as indicators,we should then fall but we are climbing

IG CASH

#30307 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

The only thing for bears is war because that was it that made us go down, QE is gonna be minimal.Market makers and Argento the only guys laughing atm. Well Argento did warn us. The overall economy in SA obviously only looking bad for our own traders.I for one feel the same as Sunesis but that is to short but this market just burns all shorts.

All i can say is bears make money, bulls make money but pigs get slaughtered

#30308 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

IG CASH

#30309 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

Surely if Taper is said to go from 85 to 70, as seem to suggest it will, then it is nominal resulting in a non event if not slightly bullish since the money flow is still mostly there and it is a vote of higher future earnings  -   and Taper as an important uncertainty is very much reduced 

We can say we are at crossroads

#30310 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

I don't think 39000+ is on the cards just yet. One word or even a thought about tapering QE, and the charts will revere just as quickly as it did this week already!

Entering a hold atm  :)

Surely if Taper is said to go from 85 to 70, as seem to suggest it will, then it is nominal resulting in a non event if not slightly bullish since the money flow is still mostly there and it is a vote of higher future earnings  -   and Taper as an important uncertainty is very much reduced 

#30311 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:55 AM

I don't think 39000+ is on the cards just yet. One word or even a thought about tapering QE, and the charts will revere just as quickly as it did this week already!

We Have US news @ 16h00, it jobs related. 

#30312 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:53 AM

No, that did not count as a pull back I was looking for! any ideas what a fair pull back would be to go long if you are bullish into close out?

#30313 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:46 AM

come on T40, you are supposed to make a courtesy pull back so that I can get in another Long in at a decent price before that mythical 39900+ per  A's graph.

No, that did not count as a pull back I was looking for! any ideas what a fair pull back would be to go long if you are bullish into close out?

#30314 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:46 AM

Do you think we should stay in a long position?

Yip, until the 18th Sept!Good run coming with this breakout...

A

"Never never never give up!"

#30315 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

come on T40, you are supposed to make a courtesy pull back so that I can get in another Long in at a decent price before that mythical 39900+ per  A's graph.

#30316 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

waiting to close long and short at 39150, hopefully when US markets opens

Long and short ? Hedge

#30317 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:02 AM

Aaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:(

#30318 betweenlines

betweenlines

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMakhado

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:56 AM

waiting to close long and short at 39150, hopefully when US markets opens

#30319 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:48 AM

Triangle breakout with target 39900..so going long!

Took my 1st short, 38830 stop 38950

#30320 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

I don't think so...bulls are back with new highs! :angry:

A

Triangle breakout with target 39900..so going long!

A

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting