Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

My long from 38235/50 is doing good, will close above 38350

Closed my long for a nice 100points, Now look to enter shorts

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#30342 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

My long from 38235/50 is doing good, will close above 38350

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#30343 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

Thanks Jakes!

Sorry for only replying now. But I dont think it will be the long haul yet. Only after FED starts to taper, will I enter a short for longer term

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#30344 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

Jakes, mind making my mind up for me please?

You short for a long haul (including some upswing), or is this a short intraday(s)?

Sorry for only replying now. But I dont think it will be the long haul yet. Only after FED starts to taper, will I enter a short for longer term

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#30345 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

And more importantly, don't trade what your hero is trading! They trade in different contexts than you and most of the time are mere humans too!

I almost jumped in with a long after Jakes' comment! Pls Jakes, this is not a crit on you, you are correct most of the times, but today was not one of 'em early. This is for us nubs, trade your own strategy and if it includes an internet (anonymous) face, then so be it.

Agreed Lekkerry!

But sure looks like the wave B up has topped and we have started our decent....daily MACD not looking very good!

So back to my original roadmap and aiming for a possible low coming in around the 25th Sept...nice whack coming!

30 min should make a bearish cross soon so let the red tide continue...

A

"Never never never give up!"

#30346 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:14 PM

Solidly against the faint trend (nice!), but I am long here (38250-300 (J200)).

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#30347 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

And more importantly, don't trade what your hero is trading! They trade in different contexts than you and most of the time are mere humans too!

I almost jumped in with a long after Jakes' comment! Pls Jakes, this is not a crit on you, you are correct most of the times, but today was not one of 'em early. This is for us nubs, trade your own strategy and if it includes an internet (anonymous) face, then so be it.

Glad I'm not the only one sitting here biting his nails! Just reflecting on a lesson guys often reiterate here on the forum: Do not trade what you EXPECT or what SHOULD happen; trade what you SEE ! (I just don't learn) :angry:

#30348 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

Reflecting on the trade. 1. Had no real technical entry signals confirming the likelihood of a successful trade. 2. Why stay in the trade? After 2nd leg down on 5 min chart....a bit a of retrace. Was tempted to exit at that stage....but old Plasma not always 100% gone.. 3. Exit not properly planned before the time.....due to being influenced by east greenness.....etc. Moral of story......importance of sticking to rules is more important than trading on perceived positive sentiment.

Glad I'm not the only one sitting here biting his nails! Just reflecting on a lesson guys often reiterate here on the forum: Do not trade what you EXPECT or what SHOULD happen; trade what you SEE ! (I just don't learn) :angry:

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#30349 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

Next stop 220 (J200), then a critical decision to let it ride or not.

If we break 38300 then 280 (J200), then I am happy to sit a short to 3810x and reassess once there.

#30350 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

If U.S. strikes, there will be a response

In an exclusive interview with Charlie Rose, a warning from Syria's president Bashar Assad: if the U.S. strikes his country, there will be a response. Rose sat down with Assad at the presidential palace in Damascus. Assad says any U.S. military action would benefit al Qaeda fighters who are among the rebels, and it would tip the war in their favor.

http://www.cbsnews.c...h/?id=50154621n

#30351 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

Worldwide exclusive interview with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on CBS, expect some market volitility

#30352 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

It would have been even better if the long was long dead! tsk tsk tsk :P
Long dead
Reflecting on the trade. 1. Had no real technical entry signals confirming the likelihood of a successful trade. 2. Why stay in the trade? After 2nd leg down on 5 min chart....a bit a of retrace. Was tempted to exit at that stage....but old Plasma not always 100% gone.. 3. Exit not properly planned before the time.....due to being influenced by east greenness.....etc. Moral of story......importance of sticking to rules is more important than trading on perceived positive sentiment.

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#30353 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:14 PM

When asked if there will be attacks on American interests in the region, Assad says 'you should expect everything

#30354 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

38250 is good for a small long to 38400.

If the range holds

Put 38130 stop on 38235/50 long

#30355 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

It would have been even better if the long was long dead! tsk tsk tsk   :P

Long dead

#30356 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

38250 is good for a small long to 38400.

If the range holds

#30357 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

THERE WAS SOMEONE ON THIS FORUM, as part of his trading regime, if he did not see positive results (towards a decent profit) in 10, 15 or 30 minutes, he would have ended the trade? Do you trade like this and what is the mech behind this (including success rate etc).

#30358 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

Long dead

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#30359 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

Make like agent Chubby and create a new handle, if it is the new Plasma!

he he - SORRY Admin, I retract my statement! I do not know where Agent C is

Ja, ja....but don't worry.....this is the new Plasma..... ;)

#30360 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

TRADING IS NOT LOW-RISK! ;)
.thought it was low risk this morning......
Ja, ja....but don't worry.....this is the new Plasma..... ;)

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting