• Please log in to reply
35854 replies to this topic

#20481 farouk

farouk

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,725 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:40 AM

Closed my trades.Will wait for another opportunity.

#20482 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:31 AM

Before i post my charts on US$ let me say my peace.

Yes Gold to $800 that is still my view.

My views is based on charts and nothing but charts.

Whatever noise you hear on the outside will be inside charts and if its not there then its a rumour.

Note when i said Gold going to $800 i never gave a time frame but my charts still confirm that figure.

At present we have a bounce and when every Tom,**** and Harry is bullish then its back to a roller coaster ride.

PS charts are an excellent weapon to use in ones trading but its only for those that have knowledge on how to modify and adapt.When i made my call for $800 i did not say its going in one direction to that level.For sure any one that do charting will tell you when the sentiment reaches an extreame level then one must expect a temporary change in trend.Note i did mention a few weeks back  that Gold will bounce to between $1400 to$1500 before heading below a thousand.

So much for Gold let me have my say in the US$.

Those that hold dogmatic and rigid opinions on the markets rarely succeed in the markets because they base their charts on outside noise.The charts i present to you is a balanced view of what the charts are saying and not my personal opinion.

Note those that use charting to take a trade will have first hand knowledge on when to enter a trade and when to exit a trade.A successful trader is not one that wins every trade but is one that knows when to enter,when to exit and where to put ones stop loss.If a trade goes against you take it as a lesson for future trades.

Recently we had people singing a song that the markets are going down and while the song was being played intellectual traders made a bag of boodle.The bottom line is we all know that the markets are overheated but when an opportunity comes then don't listen to the noise but listen to your charts.

Back to the $$$$ i said $$$ is King.Yes it is King and you are its slave.So as long as you are its slave it going to rocket to new highs and that is exactly what the charts are confirming.Time frame i don't know.When that breakout occurs i will have my finger on the trigger because it going to be a fast move.

Charts will follow.

Thanks Farouk, fully agree on your charts view and how 'the tape' is the only source to trust!

Funny how guys comment on others charts and advice while contributing no charts and only make comments (50% right?) once in a blue moon (maybe red today)...! :D

A

"Never never never give up!"

#20483 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:54 AM

To prove a contention there must be a Judge, Prosecutor, Defender, Stage Manager, Audience, cartoonist and a complete disregard for facts and evidence.

:blink:   :huh:   :unsure:

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#20484 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:37 AM

It's a beautiful morning here in Johannesburg, South Africa. According to my system, today is the day; we will get to 44113, regardless of what the FED, FTSE or DOW do. 

Happy trading, brothers.

Happy trading!

#20485 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:31 AM

A lot of emotional traders do not understand the USDollar.

Tonight i will post 2 charts to prove why US$ is King.

To prove a contention there must be a Judge, Prosecutor, Defender, Stage Manager, Audience, cartoonist and a complete disregard for facts and evidence.

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#20486 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:40 AM

Farouk, Thanks for for clear helpful view void of the cutesy "cool' mumbo-jumbo  - of many other posts on the blog

--- Do you think you can venture a view on the ZAR relating to your USD charts given? I know we all have our own view of ZumaRands

Edited by OceanWalz, 15 April 2014 - 06:45 AM.

#20487 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:19 PM

Noise pollution...

Personal chart messages are not noise. They only become noise if you personally make a noise about them. 

According to this Max Keiser report 40 central banks are starting to stock up on the petro yuan

This onlybecomes noise if you watch it...

http://tinyurl.com/p5vsvem

#20488 gannet

gannet

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:10 PM

Good, unemotional analysis.

Thank you for sharing.

I have 2 different methods pointing to 98. So your target must be on.

If for some reason it bombs out and heads South ... support could be 67 - 66

#20489 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:52 PM

Chart of Monthly chart of $$$$$$$$$ Index

attachicon.gifusd index.PNG

This is the beeeeg picture.

What we see on this monthly chart that goes back all the way from 2002 to 2014

An inverted head and shoulders.If that 84 mark is broken convincingly then the target is 101.70

Your histogram is confirming a big move coming.

Have your fingrers on the trigger.

Remember i said $$$$$$$ (toilet paper) is King.

What i forget to tell you is British Pound is Queen.

Together they have colonized the World currencies via a system called monetary colonisation.

Cool F

An inverted head and shoulders.If that 84 mark is broken convincingly then the target is 101.70

Together they have colonized the World currencies via a system called monetary colonisation.

Cool F! I for one am taking a small punt; placing my order. Some lekker limits here...

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#20490 gannet

gannet

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:41 PM

Good, unemotional analysis.

Thank you for sharing.

#20491 strydomk

strydomk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:39 PM

Thanks Farouk.

#20492 farouk

farouk

The Oracle

• 2,725 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:30 PM

Attached File  usd index.PNG   65.92KB   64 downloads

#20493 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts
  • LocationOn my Alibaba Mat

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:08 PM

holi schmoli Farouk..is that it? oooookay have you ever thought the USD index could break 74 and go to 45? anyway many thanks, but i'll hold my 'going long USdollar' indefinitely. good luck..i may be wrong of course. we watch.

#20494 farouk

farouk

The Oracle

• 2,725 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:57 PM

Chart of US$$$$$$ daily index

Attached File  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.PNG   45.59KB   49 downloads

The histogram in the chart is confirming a big move coming.

A breach of that 200dma will be your signal.

But wait this may be a small move lets look at the big picture for that big move.

#20495 farouk

farouk

The Oracle

• 2,725 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:39 PM

Before i post my charts on US$ let me say my peace.

Yes Gold to $800 that is still my view.

My views is based on charts and nothing but charts.

Whatever noise you hear on the outside will be inside charts and if its not there then its a rumour.

Note when i said Gold going to $800 i never gave a time frame but my charts still confirm that figure.

At present we have a bounce and when every Tom,**** and Harry is bullish then its back to a roller coaster ride.

PS charts are an excellent weapon to use in ones trading but its only for those that have knowledge on how to modify and adapt.When i made my call for $800 i did not say its going in one direction to that level.For sure any one that do charting will tell you when the sentiment reaches an extreame level then one must expect a temporary change in trend.Note i did mention a few weeks back  that Gold will bounce to between $1400 to$1500 before heading below a thousand.

So much for Gold let me have my say in the US$.

Those that hold dogmatic and rigid opinions on the markets rarely succeed in the markets because they base their charts on outside noise.The charts i present to you is a balanced view of what the charts are saying and not my personal opinion.

Note those that use charting to take a trade will have first hand knowledge on when to enter a trade and when to exit a trade.A successful trader is not one that wins every trade but is one that knows when to enter,when to exit and where to put ones stop loss.If a trade goes against you take it as a lesson for future trades.

Recently we had people singing a song that the markets are going down and while the song was being played intellectual traders made a bag of boodle.The bottom line is we all know that the markets are overheated but when an opportunity comes then don't listen to the noise but listen to your charts.

Back to the $$$$ i said $$$ is King.Yes it is King and you are its slave.So as long as you are its slave it going to rocket to new highs and that is exactly what the charts are confirming.Time frame i don't know.When that breakout occurs i will have my finger on the trigger because it going to be a fast move.

Charts will follow.

#20496 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:15 PM

I shall be short all the way down. good luck and good red moon night..happy Tetrad 'Global Currency Reset.' tick tock tick tock

Magnetic and electric field and flux phenomena can cause bearthriits which is best averted by shielding of full chainmail suit (pig iron) during all trading hours. Nowadays that means 24/7 and includes any electrical device used. Averting Tetrad effect means 4 years without washing. No pain no gain.

PS - Beware of calendar vibrations, now so many that they cause resonance of cranium and other cavities. Better to live in a deep cave.

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#20497 Ninja

Ninja

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:39 PM

A lot of emotional traders do not understand the USDollar.
Tonight i will post 2 charts to prove why US$ is King.

I remember Farouk posting charts that gold was to drop to $800.... He was very very sure of this together with his gr8 charts which he deleted after 5 mins...

#20498 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:27 PM

Some stats that somebody might find useful in creating a comprehensive quantitative picture of their expected trading outcomes .

·        Percentage of winning trades – W%.

·        Percentage of losing trades – L%.

·        Average gain on a winning trade – Ave W.

·        Average loss of a losing trade – Ave L.

Calculate the expectancy of your trading system:

·        Expectancy = (W% x Ave W) – (L% x Ave L)

The expectancy number tells you how much money you would expect to win over many trades. The best way to get these statistics is to back test your trading strategy.

Example:

·        W% – 70%

·        L% – 30%

·        Ave W – 200

·        Ave L – 420

Calculating expectancy, (0.7 x 200) – (0.3 x 420) = 140 – 126 = $14.  Therefor, If you take 100 trades and the average winning trade is 200, and the average losing trade is 420, with a 70% win rate you are likely to have 70 winning trades, 30 losing trades and you will probably make 1 400 (over 100 trades).

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#20499 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

For those wondering why there was a quick dip about 1645 this afternoon, clearly visible on IGM Cash 5 min.  That was the MM taking out my S/L quick quick at 43150, taking 140 pips from me.  Was driving at the time, saw it happening and tried to get in again - at that point it moved 50 points against me.  Nice.... ;)

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#20500 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:50 PM

Hi Argento, it seems that down to 48200 has to wait for the current rally, charts seem to indicate its dead cat bounce up to 1839/45/50ish on S&P500 and then last throw to 1800/1780 to give us our 43800/600 ish for our longs!! (of course could translate into missing the boat though!)

Ye, classic 'Monday against the trend' day today, should start down from tomorrow again if I look at the resistance levels met and our macd's being bearish!

This week still seasonally weak too and US just working off those short term oscillators for the final washout...good buying opportunity c'mon! :P

A

"Never never never give up!"

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting