Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:58 AM

-----------------

Roundtree...nice trade squire...you owe me a Meerlust Merlot 2004. the intermediate top new contract 42087/91 41137...then back to 42000...i think

Thanks, brother. And many thanks to the charts.

Happy trading!

#21622 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:58 AM

Todays progress on ALSI, FTSE and DOW is a typical example of Market Maker in action.

For Newbies take heed and learn what happened today...

If you think normally like most, you would have shorted and lost money!! You have to think like the market maker to make money in this game...

1. From 6 to 9 am Dow futures was -50 points...So all shouting short

2. At 10 am when FTSE opened Dow futures about -25 points...so some small shorters had run for the door

3. 10:30am dow futures were basically 0....so big squeeze on shorts and most ran for door.

4. Currently Dow futures about -15 points and will go deeper red to now do the above in reverse...take out the longs..

example...IG could have done a calculation this morning and said hay if market falls we gonna lose R2m as we have much more shorts in books... To manipulate it, they go into market and start going long S&P or Dow futures...suddenly market runs up...short squeeze...once books balanced, they go short Dow futures and carry on playing this way until around @pm until true dow futures start taking effect!!

a-typical market maker action :rolleyes: ................closed short very fast, paid fees on that lesson :lol:

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#21623 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:57 AM

FTSE will go to 6450

Miners will lead the way down

Come FTSE i need you at 6450 today

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#21624 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

Short 42000 stop 42500

Still have one from 42430 with stop at 42900

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#21625 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

Todays progress on ALSI, FTSE and DOW is a typical example of Market Maker in action.

For Newbies take heed and learn what happened today...

If you think normally like most, you would have shorted and lost money!! You have to think like the market maker to make money in this game...

1. From 6 to 9 am Dow futures was -50 points...So all shouting short

2. At 10 am when FTSE opened Dow futures about -25 points...so some small shorters had run for the door

3. 10:30am dow futures were basically 0....so big squeeze on shorts and most ran for door.

4. Currently Dow futures about -15 points and will go deeper red to now do the above in reverse...take out the longs..

example...IG could have done a calculation this morning and said hay if market falls we gonna lose R2m as we have much more shorts in books... To manipulate it, they go into market and start going long S&P or Dow futures...suddenly market runs up...short squeeze...once books balanced, they go short Dow futures and carry on playing this way until around @pm until true dow futures start taking effect!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#21626 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:45 AM

6 X Jun 14 buy orders @ 42020. And 6 sell orders @ 42600. 
Happy trading.

Happy trading!

#21627 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:40 AM

delta relax..no sweat

its all good.... big mouths bark when they are envious. and they want a bone to chew on.

Envious??? :rolleyes:

of what?? :D

Relax Zoomer...we all here to learn...but for free!!  Otherwise drop down to the Commercial Section hehe!! 

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#21628 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:39 AM

delta relax..no sweat

its all good.... big mouths bark when they are envious. and they want a bone to chew on.

Are yo still calling a down day?

Doesn't look promising at the moment.

I will wait for a confirmation to go short. No positions at the moment

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#21629 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:37 AM

All I can say is that the minimum bet @ Monte is to low. So I gamble here!

Hehehe

From what I gather, your thinking is out of the box!! ie not following the herd...thinking like the market maker/bank

Everyone short, jakes waits and knows a short squeeze may come at end of day...weighs his risk reward ratio and then  goes long..

And vise versa.....

HDB

#21630 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts
  • LocationOn my Alibaba Mat

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:36 AM

delta relax..no sweat

#21631 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:36 AM

I also did not see this in the cards today.

Looks like euphoria set to continue.

Just when everyone is nice and bearish, the market will rise and kill the shorts.

I'm long @ 42170 Jun Contract.

Closed @ 42230, might be premature, but I dont like that we are not worried about Yellen's comments

Alsi future

#21632 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:33 AM

Jakes not doubt has been the class short term act player here!!

Jakes care to share your system? if you don't no worries!!

S has been the class medium term player!!

And A not doubt has been the class long term player!!

We know S and A's systems...Only Jakes we don't!!

All I can say is that the minimum bet @ Monte is to low. So I gamble here!

Hehehe

Alsi future

#21633 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:32 AM

I second A on that Jakes!

Jakes not doubt has been the class short term act player here!!

Jakes care to share your system? if you don't no worries!!

S has been the class medium term player!!

And A not doubt has been the class long term player!!

We know S and A's systems...Only Jakes we don't!!

HDB

#21634 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

Thanks AJ.

Alsi future

#21635 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:26 AM

Thanks for the cud-dos A

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#21636 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:23 AM

delta

it's quite all over the place....i used to manage private portfolios...a personal book of 300 bar with my bank. but that's was asset management.

now I trade futures / cfds or anything with a chart... which is everything really yeah

I actually dont have great facilities like massive computing power or access to international trading systems...I wish I did..I dont have a system where I manage a client book myself

I hope my clients do have good systems to pull the trigger, or are able to source this..

I don't have money (believe it or not) to set up a massive international computer platform system at home so I can monitor the world realtime...if I did I would be even better of course..i have one laptop and swordfish and terminal velocity

so client trading books are very different than asset management as one can imagine......

I don't care if a client has R50 000 or R5 million....I tell them what to sell or buy based on techs...they allocate a position according to their margin size, and according to what I call a 'trade scale'...

like I call it

1. a 'maxbet'  trade - a maxium bet / go-big position / or a 'guaranteed' trade or

2. a middle market trade (less sure)..

But they make the decisions ..of course I would assist them with that call...but I don't take chances if I am unsure. I loath losing money...and I am quite conservative actually...Strangely I trade a lot differently to the way I call markets.

So I like to say I want maxbets all the time if they are available...and really they almost always are...

But, I am working on sometthing enormous at the moment. And I am looking for someone that knows someone very poeerful in SA...a big big businessman. (I dont need the money because I have raised a lot of capital for my project). I need software experts and someone that can put big players together because what I have is a trading platform so unique that the world would fall over themselves to be a ppart of it....the concept I have formulated is worth USD 5 billion dollars...I just need the big powerful person to put the cogs of the chain together for me....like a software team ffrom MIT / Silicon Valley. I have a dgree in Financie and IT but dont even know how to work a computer. I need people, not money, to assist me.

-----------------

Roundtree...nice trade squire...you owe me a Meerlust Merlot 2004. the intermediate top new contract 42087/91 41137...then back to 42000...i think

thanks for your reply..being active in public domain with a history of consistent successful trades will/should get the right ppl approaching you, best of luck.  please understand HDB and others cynicism we've seen ppl trying to sell charting software/analysis over the years on this forum. so guys, cut zoomZ some slack he was only replying to my post.  feel little guilty if its caused any negative sentiment between members..sorry about that.

btw..great scalp trade HDB..again :lol:      

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#21637 gannet

gannet

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:22 AM

My levels on the June contract.

Newly formed charts are always a pain as all my previous planning goes out the window.

My lower "O" level is very close to your support ZoomZ

If not reached I like the "T's" as targets.

My lines are not precise on the chart. Could be out by a point or so as I have to plot them manually.

Attached Files

#21638 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

Do you trade for other people in your own capacity or for a fund, guess you have your exams in place then?

Trading this beast short term and calling the points exactly where she will turn or not, she will learn you a lesson in her own way!

Of all the sculpters must say Jakes has built up a reputation but I maintain if you wanna make big bucks you gotta play the waves (comes from the best traders that lived)..I won't invest with anyone playing this market short term, no offence!

Jakes, on your question I am still long and holding..no war, no clear top formation and 55bil still flowing in!

A

Thanks for the cud-dos A

Alsi future

#21639 strydomk

strydomk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:18 AM

I give up!!

#21640 Playa

Playa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationVryburg

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:17 AM

hows this for my calculations

IG bid 41909

my calc

5:30PM FTSE 41843.59 137.6895 41981 ======== -62.9117 70 -132.912 ------------ 41918 =========

great stuff HDB!! :D

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting