35854 replies to this topic

#25021 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:50 PM

That was the big support line on the way down.

Once that breaks up, we need to hit the top bollinger band on the dailies.

That will be the target for the year.

FTSE just needs 100 more points for it to keep it's 10 year December winning streak.

We should close the year around 6800 on FTSE

Ye, that is tough resistance now!

She tends to return back to the broken daily 21 as well, about 100 points down from here, where the 89 also lies, that will be huge support now!

Trying to figure out the pattern she is making, wonder if we're not just going to continue sideways in a massive band next year for wave 4, seeing the December low again in Feb after a new high and moving until it breaks out up...

Any thoughts? As we are in a strong secular bulltrend now! :rolleyes:

A

Edited by Argento, 19 December 2013 - 12:51 PM.

"Never never never give up!"

#25022 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

That is why we are struggling, is against the major downtrendline...just a matter of time!

5 macd crossed the 0 line up and good things tend to happen!

A

That was the big support line on the way down.

Once that breaks up, we need to hit the top bollinger band on the dailies.

That will be the target for the year.

FTSE just needs 100 more points for it to keep it's 10 year December winning streak.

We should close the year around 6800 on FTSE

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#25023 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:24 PM

That is why we are struggling, is against the major downtrendline...just a matter of time!

5 macd crossed the 0 line up and good things tend to happen!

A

"Never never never give up!"

#25024 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:55 AM

The sign language guy has been around since.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6fzRSE_p1Ys

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#25025 TheTaf

TheTaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:36 AM

My trading account is going crazy this morning. I love what i see.

Now we just need UK Retail Sales to give a good number at 11h30. Maybe it can give the market the push it needs.

Markets are always looking for a reason to move. This market knows it's going up, so it just needs a bit of news as an excuse to move.

That's why taper or no taper it will go up.

I believe this is wave 3 completing, before we go into wave 4 next year.

Wave 4 will be the big correction. Then we finish 2014 with wave 5 with new record highs. By that time i would have made a killing.

I'm trading almost 7 indices.

The money that's rolling in this morning is like printing free cash.

One of the guys in this forum listened to my advise about trading global indices. 

He is a happy man today.

Since he started end of November he's account is fat.

I helped him setup his whole account and introduced him to some indices.

I don't do it for money, its just a hobby.

The other nice thing about a global account, every time the FED tapers you become richer due to the exchange rate between USD/ZAR

Syria,debt deal, taper wont crash this baby.

Just follow market history and elliot wave ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

Thanks for all your help!!

#25026 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:34 AM

Job Alert!!!

Assassin needed to kill a greedy bear!!!

Renumeration: 100 points @ R50 per point.

attachicon.gifbull_and_bear_shopping.jpg

Clearly no one is interested in making money. lol

Seriously, they might as well close the JSE for the day. This is not movement. I need some excitement in my life!!!

#25027 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:27 AM

bought 39600

#25028 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:16 AM

Dow+since+1913.png

Secular bull markets are distinct from 'cyclical' bull markets. Think of each secular trend as being divided into several cyclical trends. The classic definition is a rise or fall of 20% (daily close) to delineate each cyclical bull market from the cyclical bear market in between.

While each secular bull market is about 17-18 years in length, each cyclical bull market typically lasts 4 years. Secular bull markets gain over 500%; cyclical bull markets gain about 100%.

Many believe that 2009 was also a generational low. It fits the pattern. If this is the case, there is a long secular bull market ahead. These have gained over 500%, so there is likely a lot of gains ahead.

In the last 115 years, there have been three 'secular' bull markets. Secular bull markets are generational in length. The most recent ran 18 years, from 1982 until the 2000 tech bubble burst. The post-war bull market ran 17 years. The major lows were in 1915, 1942 and 1974.

Dow+since+1900.png

data by:ukarlewitz ‏

#25029 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:10 AM

Dow+since+1913.png

#25030 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:06 AM

original_18303396.PNG?1387409313

#25031 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:55 AM

Now we just need UK Retail Sales to give a good number at 11h30. Maybe it can give the market the push it needs.

Markets are always looking for a reason to move. This market knows it's going up, so it just needs a bit of news as an excuse to move.

Wave 4 will be the big correction. Then we finish 2014 with wave 5 with new record highs. By that time i would have made a killing.

One of the guys in this forum listened to my advise about trading global indices. 

He is a happy man today.

The other nice thing about a global account, every time the FED tapers you become richer due to the exchange rate between USD/ZAR

Nice S. I agree with your strategy. I funded my account on Tuesday and started trading yesterday. It's far easier making money there then here.

I'm gonna try and build my account first before doing what you doing if I ever get there.

Our market does what it wants when it wants and always for some unknown reasons.

#25032 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:49 AM

Well done Bear....that was excellent!! My sorry tale ..... Tried to intellectualize the US move ..... Had a long which I closed way to early ...then took a short....which quickly burned a massive hole in account. Then took another short close to the top .... Closed it at a loss this morning...and there we retraced just thereafter....to the point that my short would have been green....but no, I as part of the process switched to a long....and guess what .... Got stopped out ....so now .....sitting on hands with nice gat in account and wonder how things can go so wrong....so quickly ....so often.....so frequently ......so severely.....so ..........

Plasma, that is sad. You need to focus on your psychological side. Once you have losses and near misses, you get scared and close trade before losses and profits. Remember, that trading has a certain amount of risk. Risk losing what you are prepared to(SL). Find direction and then trade accordingly. Look at this picture Bhova posted yesterday and maybe you can see you need to work on that mentality.

Freaking Alsi is killing me.

Attached File  post-8792-138735660441.jpg   59.37KB   16 downloads

#25033 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:49 AM

Well done Bear....that was excellent!! My sorry tale ..... Tried to intellectualize the US move ..... Had a long which I closed way to early ...then took a short....which quickly burned a massive hole in account. Then took another short close to the top .... Closed it at a loss this morning...and there we retraced just thereafter....to the point that my short would have been green....but no, I as part of the process switched to a long....and guess what .... Got stopped out ....so now .....sitting on hands with nice gat in account and wonder how things can go so wrong....so quickly ....so often.....so frequently ......so severely.....so ..........

The way you are trading is crazy.

#25034 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:38 AM

He is a happy man today.

#25035 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:24 AM

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#25036 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:14 AM

Job Alert!!!

attachicon.gifbull_and_bear_shopping.jpg

hahaha, like that picture!

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#25037 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:08 AM

Job Alert!!!

Attached File  bull_and_bear_shopping.jpg   37.56KB   22 downloads

#25038 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:06 AM

oscar%20121913v%20ES%20~%20Weekly_121820

#25039 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:39 AM

Well played to all the guys who made big profits last night!! Bear R85k is really, really nice.

They expecting FTSE to also end 1% higher today. As for us, I don't know. We should follow, but the Alsi is a beast of its own.

Taking into account last week's drop, we should have priced in a $85 taper if you asked me. Would be great if we could have another 2.5% day(for the bulls).

#25040 jasonbasel

jasonbasel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:37 AM

Can all the bears please start buying the Alsi, so we can get a lift off. I do not wanna sit here whole day. :lol:

I concur. I've got 9 holes of golf to play!

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting