Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:19 PM

any upside still?

Dax just broke upside.

Dax is a beast

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#28062 snoop

snoop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

My worst fear is about to happen. Dollar getting strong

any upside still?

#28063 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

Have 93 points in the bag for the day ....no position ATM ....waiting for ECB news etc

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#28064 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

If my target hits before GDP, i will get out and stay in cash. I just have a feeling that the GDP will be good. When we consider services and manufacturing PMI's lately it's possible. Plus NFP tomorrow could also beat estimates. Let's just hope i am out of the trade when the news comes.

We also have UK and EU interest rate today. Plus ECB Draghi is speaking, so the euro will be acting funny and stocks can go any direction. All this action starts at 14h00 today.

The market will be very volitile from US open today until end of Friday. We might see profit taking and funny movements. I just want to be out of my trades when everything starts. Made enough money for the week. I am just becoming greedy now.

I have reached a point this week were not having a trade is a trade.

The dollar has not shown any strenght this week against G7 currencies. I just have a feeling that it will be strong from US open. When the dollar is strong stocks suffer a little.

For now the british pound and new zealand dollar are a bit strong, so we still have a risk on mood in the market. Remember, british pound, austraian and new zealand dollar are risk currecies. when they are strong it means market is feeling a bit like gambling more. When Dollar, Swiss Franc and Japanese Yen are strong, it means market is playing safe.

But i have a hedge on my forex account, with USD/JPY longs. That's for when the FED starts to taper, dollar will kill the yen because japan are printing more

My worst fear is about to happen. Dollar getting strong

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#28065 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

Barring two silly (but contained trades earlier this quarter), you ain't taken any cash from this bear (some bears dual-trade (i.e. Jakes) and others go out and buy a bull jacket for the interim). Remember, bears hibernate and they have a teddy-bear picnic in due time, all times.

:P  

As they say, the one who laughs last laughs best.

You have to admit that this bull market took a lot of  people's cash. It was a cash destroyer for the bears. I don't know how much cash i took from the bears since October. 

All i would like to say is thank the ;)  bears for being generous with their money

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#28066 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

I am here, lurking.

Last year this time I thought by myself, this can't go much higher.... The difference is, this year I am more non-committal to my bear moods and actually trading bullish.

But I HAVE to say, this can't go much higher now, can it :lol: ? Hopefully SC will be around in this guise next year this time and I will be able to laugh at this exact post.

As they say, the one who laughs last laughs best.

You have to admit that this bull market took a lot of  people's cash. It was a cash destroyer for the bears. I don't know how much cash i took from the bears since October. 

All i would like to say is thank the ;)  bears for being generous with their money

#28067 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

Where is Chubs and L and Abs??

I think Argento was short for the week, he is probably still waiting for it to drop 

Chubby is probably still looking for places to short the market

We miss them though.

#28068 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

I am here, lurking.

Last year this time I thought by myself, this can't go much higher.... The difference is, this year I am more non-committal to my bear moods and actually trading bullish.

But I HAVE to say, this can't go much higher now, can it :lol: ? Hopefully SC will be around in this guise next year this time and I will be able to laugh at this exact post.

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#28069 Mafuta24

Mafuta24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:46 PM

And BOOM!

Thinking Hail Mary with biiiiiiig contract: Looking for +- 50 points?? :D

#28070 snoop

snoop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

what catalyst are we expeting....

Naspers looking a bit better - its graph is almost identical to top40

just went up nicely

#28071 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:16 PM

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#28072 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

Looks like a descending triangle on 5 min chart being formed....no position ATM.

Edited by Plasma, 07 November 2013 - 12:15 PM.

#28073 Mafuta24

Mafuta24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:10 PM

Thinking Hail Mary with biiiiiiig contract: Looking for +- 50 points?? :D

#28074 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

anybody buying the dip?

Did buy ....but in and out ...just a nibble....

#28075 Mafuta24

Mafuta24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:36 AM

I am not in as yet.... have a long thats a little bit in the red. Dont like activity as now<br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9100 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app<br /><br />

#28076 Redeemer

Redeemer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:34 AM

Jump in Snoop, we're already in!

She may go lower though...so you must must manage your risk well!

anybody buying the dip?

#28077 snoop

snoop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:18 AM

anybody buying the dip?

#28078 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:55 AM

Yes but that is only 3:30pm - the way this is going - we should be out by then -  bad data will be good for the natural bears out there...  we have qe they have bad market data...

F - thanks for the heads up. 

Good data,bad data scenario confusing these days. Bad data might make the index rise more because of no taper. Bad data might make the index drop because of weak economy.

Taper is the story here. Traders don't really care about the real economy. We just want to something to continue the Bernanke punch bowel, so we can skep tewyl dit reen

#28079 Olymphia

Olymphia

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

My target is were my 1st long is 41380 I'm just stacking the longs

Thanks, hope u rake in da moola....

#28080 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

s u could be right but gdp this afternoon could influence direction (consensus 2.0%  PRIOR 2.5% )  if gdp comes in LOWER than consensus we could touch  40830  support before tomorrows empl sit  . If in line or better back to yesterdays high + 

If my target hits before GDP, i will get out and stay in cash. I just have a feeling that the GDP will be good. When we consider services and manufacturing PMI's lately it's possible. Plus NFP tomorrow could also beat estimates. Let's just hope i am out of the trade when the news comes.

We also have UK and EU interest rate today. Plus ECB Draghi is speaking, so the euro will be acting funny and stocks can go any direction. All this action starts at 14h00 today.

The market will be very volitile from US open today until end of Friday. We might see profit taking and funny movements. I just want to be out of my trades when everything starts. Made enough money for the week. I am just becoming greedy now.

I have reached a point this week were not having a trade is a trade.

The dollar has not shown any strenght this week against G7 currencies. I just have a feeling that it will be strong from US open. When the dollar is strong stocks suffer a little.

For now the british pound and new zealand dollar are a bit strong, so we still have a risk on mood in the market. Remember, british pound, austraian and new zealand dollar are risk currecies. when they are strong it means market is feeling a bit like gambling more. When Dollar, Swiss Franc and Japanese Yen are strong, it means market is playing safe.

But i have a hedge on my forex account, with USD/JPY longs. That's for when the FED starts to taper, dollar will kill the yen because japan are printing more

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting