Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:51 PM

Mercedes-Benz sales up 15.3% to record high

Daimler will rocket, good foreuropean market and US market 

Clear BUY Dow will hit high

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#28122 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:50 PM

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#28123 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

#28124 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

I was wondering exactly the same; battling to keep an eye on just my 2 trading platforms, this forum and the news, let alone all the other stuff (and I'm a real Bennie Boek Wurm  :))! How do you do it??!

You have to have passion and keep motivated.

Watching videos like these helps:

#28125 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

Hi S, was wondering how many screens you have open - I mean the only offshore I look at is, on a small window in one monitor is the SP 500 futures in 5, 15 and 30m, NQ100 F's, Dax and Ftse . The rest of monitor is almost just for  IG's T40 and its main 7 constituents - no space for anymore on monitor- a second monitor is just several other blogs and sites for reading (and msessing about)

(eg I seldom look at the Bond mkt , even thoug hI know its about 5 time bigger than equity mkt and can influence equity mkts big time , and I only look at ZAR/USD )--

just interested how your set up looks cause it sounds like a LOT more wider and integrative  !?? But I agree, it is all one ever more interrelated financial world and the more you can behold the more you will be in touch and learn wich is the current market drivers , wh I am sure change all the time, 

I was wondering exactly the same; battling to keep an eye on just my 2 trading platforms, this forum and the news, let alone all the other stuff (and I'm a real Bennie Boek Wurm  :))! How do you do it??!

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#28126 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

Hi S, was wondering how many screens you have open - I mean the only offshore I look at is, on a small window in one monitor is the SP 500 futures in 5, 15 and 30m, NQ100 F's, Dax and Ftse . The rest of monitor is almost just for  IG's T40 and its main 7 constituents - no space for anymore on monitor- a second monitor is just several other blogs and sites for reading (and msessing about)

(eg I seldom look at the Bond mkt , even thoug hI know its about 5 time bigger than equity mkt and can influence equity mkts big time , and I only look at ZAR/USD )--

just interested how your set up looks cause it sounds like a LOT more wider and integrative  !?? But I agree, it is all one ever more interrelated financial world and the more you can behold the more you will be in touch and learn wich is the current market drivers , wh I am sure change all the time, 

It's very addictive because my trading day only ends in US session. Then i sleep and wake up for the Asia market to trade the Nikkei.

I use two accounts (brokers), so i have two platforms. I love the financial world because it's capitalist. 

On my other account i have a screen with 6 markets (indices) split, using Meta Trader4 software.

I also use a currency strength meter with G7 currencies, so i can know which currencies are strong or weak.

Currencies determine were the most money is exchanging. I will never trade any instrument without it. It helps me see global  money flow at any gives time, and it can change in a second.

I once gave a download link here for people to download it, so i can teach them how it works with indices.

Call me a junkie.

The more you spend time with the market, the more you make good decisions, because you become in syne with the market phycology and behavior.

Then the money is made while you are sleeping.

#28127 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

Ok in short 41275

IG CASH

#28128 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

**** i am getting that losing short feeling, gonna close long for 20k profit and short 41280

IG CASH

#28129 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

#28130 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

When i look at the German DAX

Only three of the top 10 stocks are down.

Siemans, Deusthe Telekom and Linde. Siemans has the biggest weighting.

Basf, SAP, Bayer, Allianz,E-ON, Daimler,Deusthe Bank are all green. Most of the weight is on the green side. Basf and SAP  should give support

When i look at the London FTSE 

Only four of the top 10 stocks are down.

HSBC,GSK,BP and SAB are down. HSBC and BP are the biggest weights

Royal Dutch Shell, Vodafone, BATS, Diageo,Rio Tinto,BHP are all green. Still here most of the weight is on the green side. Royal Dutch Shell should give support

When i look at currencies, Australian dollar and New Zealand dollar are strong, this are signs of risk taking investors.

Just remember with trading this can all change fast.

US open will determine how the sentiment ends.

1+1=11 in trading

#28131 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

I was awake when people were sleeping.

Just needed to recharge.

That's what people with no bosses do.  ;)

Having a look at the FTSE,NASDAQ,DAX,CAC,DOW,S&P in 15min chart. They are all in a triangle.

A breakout is coming, but i don't know were its going. This bull is stubborn.

If it goes up, it will mean new highs for US and European indices. Then a lot of bears will give up.

When bears finally give up, then we might see the correction because there will be no one to inflict pain on anymore.

If bears are still around then no correction will come.

Well, I'll just keep adding to my shorts; somewhere it will average out; just hope my account's big enough. Sitting on 16 micro contracts now...

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#28132 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

Hi S

Give us some insights. If 41250 is too risky, what do you consider a "safe" long entry level then?

41200, 41150, ........???

K

I'm sitting out for now.

But the best trade now is to go short with a stop 41500, if your account can handle it.

But you must tell yourself that you a prepared to loose that money if the stop hits.

I just feel i got a lot from the market today that i don't have to make any trade. Cash is King for me now

#28133 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:00 PM

Sleeping on the job, S? ;)

I was awake when people were sleeping.

Just needed to recharge.

That's what people with no bosses do.  ;)

Having a look at the FTSE,NASDAQ,DAX,CAC,DOW,S&P in 15min chart. They are all in a triangle.

A breakout is coming, but i don't know were its going. This bull is stubborn.

If it goes up, it will mean new highs for US and European indices. Then a lot of bears will give up.

When bears finally give up, then we might see the correction because there will be no one to inflict pain on anymore.

If bears are still around then no correction will come.

#28134 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

Hi S

Give us some insights. If 41250 is too risky, what do you consider a "safe" long entry level then?

41200, 41150, ........???

K

Just woke up. Add a nice nap.

Market is still at the same place. 41250

That price is a bit risky to go long.

Sitting with a pot of cash from the morning bull run.

Best to continue sitting.

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#28135 Redeemer

Redeemer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:53 PM

Sleeping on the job, S? ;)

#28136 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:44 PM

Something is brewing :ph34r:

Market is still at the same place. 41250

That price is a bit risky to go long.

Sitting with a pot of cash from the morning bull run.

Best to continue sitting.

#28137 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:43 PM

Normally when this treading water happens we shoot uP!!

That assumption is the same I made.....it reduced my account ....

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#28138 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:43 PM

That assumption is the same I made.....it reduced my account ....

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#28139 Mafuta24

Mafuta24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

Something is brewing :ph34r:

#28140 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:37 PM

IG CASH

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting