35854 replies to this topic

#32201 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

Yah well...  Zzzz time, so g'night Plasma (and the 14 lurkers out there on this forum, having opened me graph ( :lol:  )

Cheers, have a good Zzzzz! Lekkerry

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#32202 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

Yah well... 

Zzzz time, so g'night Plasma (and the 14 lurkers out there on this forum, having opened me graph ( :lol:  )

WHAT - Lekkerry be risky?   :o  :P

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#32203 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

I am considering having sufficient margin to ride the (any?) volatility.

Wanna join the fun!?

WHAT - Lekkerry be risky?   :o  :P

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#32204 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:10 PM

I am considering having sufficient margin to ride the (any?) volatility.

Wanna join the fun!?

Yes - I concur - just wondering how the data will impact the picture by then ....

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#32205 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:08 PM

Seriously Plasma, me thinks 14:30 will be too late tomorrow. I am considering an early intro.

Yes - I concur - just wondering how the data will impact the picture by then ....

#32206 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

Monkey see... monkey do!

:P

What?  Are we now in the banana business??? 

#32207 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

Seriously Plasma, me thinks 14:30 will be too late tomorrow. I am considering an early intro.

Monkey see... monkey do!

#32208 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

Futures are cooking ....

S&P  0.93%

#32209 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

Monkey see... monkey do!

:) Concur - will see what the the situation is 1430 tomorrow ......

Me have not had a position this week since Monday.....did not feel very confident this morning ..... and we all know how it turned out.  Completed registration with Std Bank ...need to get docs to them, then back into things with SL  ;)

At 1645 I had this sudden urge to speculate with a short - NOW LISTEN BC - I had to ask myself aloud whether it is the right thing to do (without an SL) ito my rules.  AND I listened - did not complete the trade.  Sometimes it could work  - but then is it worth it etc etc etc ....

See Lekkerry - no reason to flick me a peanut  :P  :D

#32210 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:01 PM

A = support line drawn through from March. ALSI “bounced” of it during today’s candle

A (right side) = the BBand MA busy turning. The EMA (compliments Mhlato!) is busy making the swing up, including crossing the BBand MA (lekker bullish).

On the MACD, it has also just turned towards the bullish side.

Thus, on the 1D, long is very much the position to potentially be. I am not entering one yet, but if the EMA swings up, then long it will be.

:) Concur - will see what the the situation is 1430 tomorrow ......

Me have not had a position this week since Monday.....did not feel very confident this morning ..... and we all know how it turned out.  Completed registration with Std Bank ...need to get docs to them, then back into things with SL  ;)

At 1645 I had this sudden urge to speculate with a short - NOW LISTEN BC - I had to ask myself aloud whether it is the right thing to do (without an SL) ito my rules.  AND I listened - did not complete the trade.  Sometimes it could work  - but then is it worth it etc etc etc ....

See Lekkerry - no reason to flick me a peanut  :P  :D

#32211 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

Tomorrow (Friday) is time for the pleunasmic tautology: being long in this bull market!

#32212 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:46 PM

A = support line drawn through from March. ALSI “bounced” of it during today’s candle

A (right side) = the BBand MA busy turning. The EMA (compliments Mhlato!) is busy making the swing up, including crossing the BBand MA (lekker bullish).

On the MACD, it has also just turned towards the bullish side.

Thus, on the 1D, long is very much the position to potentially be. I am not entering one yet, but if the EMA swings up, then long it will be.

Attached Files

• Attached File  SC.JPG   87.04KB   40 downloads

#32213 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

Chubby I feel this market is gonna turn staying short

All my momentum indicators are pointing north on 30, 90 min and daily, so I think we will go higher, maybe a small drop tomorrow, but I dont expect anything big.

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#32214 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:21 PM

Chubby I feel this market is gonna turn staying short

IG CASH

#32215 Mhlato

Mhlato

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationNTvl

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

When the 20EMA and the BBM both turns north, as a rule the EMA turns before the BBM and if so then you can wait for conformation when the BBM turns as well. Note...there is no sma's involved here, read again my explanation of the BBM?

The entry point this morning was around 34,950

PM me if you want more help..let's not bore the intra day guy's :lol:

Thank you Mhlato. So far so good. Do you wait for the 20SMA to cross the BBM before trading?

"Don't try to buy at the bottom and sell at the top. It can't be done, except by liars." - Bernard Baruch

#32216 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:06 PM

Thank you Mhlato. So far so good. Do you wait for the 20SMA to cross the BBM before trading?

Sorry, I mean 20EMA.

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#32217 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

Trying a cheeky short @35570. Very tight S/L. If sanity prevails in the morning there might be a correction (here's to hoping..)

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#32218 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

Hi BBW, the BBM = (BBU - BBL) /2. So if your BB's is set to a 20sma then the BBM will be 20sma and yes,you can use it with the 20 EMA.

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#32219 Mhlato

Mhlato

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationNTvl

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

I don't have the answer to that Jakes and to be honest i don't care....that's why i use TA to tap the brains of the guy's that know's the answer :D

Why are these running so hard?

"Don't try to buy at the bottom and sell at the top. It can't be done, except by liars." - Bernard Baruch

#32220 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

Despite the strengh in the GBP/ZAR this is imho what pulls us up.

Why are these running so hard?

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting