• Please log in to reply
35854 replies to this topic

#33201 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:21 AM

It been a while since we have had 4 red candles in a row on the daily, some regard that as an indication of a new trend.

So could this bull be dead, eventually?

I hope we bounce a bit, I need another good short entry.

Edited by Jakes, 07 June 2013 - 08:25 AM.

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#33202 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

S&P 0.85% up... Think the bulls might want to play a bit tomorrow.....but then the non farm payroll figures await.

Heard this evening that if not living up to expectation, then markets would be seriously unhappy. If I do take a long tomorrow, then will be looking at 200 points for profit, perhaps more if trend seems strong.

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#33203 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

Just kidding!

Don't through QE out the door, agree with you, we have come down quite a lot and if the 5 hour MACD is so much oversold it means a multiday bounce is coming...

Will have to see if we get there

But more red tomorrow..

A

The Stochastic also show oversold - and S&P now at 0.65% up..... it it retains these levels - perhaps some green tomorrow - see IGM also responding upwards.

Note - me have no position at moment - wanted to go long during those last dips before close - but no chasers again on Warrants.  Would have been a speculative move with quick intervention if required...

Any peanuts left Lekkerry?  :P  ;)

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#33204 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

Just kidding!

Don't through QE out the door, agree with you, we have come down quite a lot and if the 5 hour MACD is so much oversold it means a multiday bounce is coming...

Will have to see if we get there

But more red tomorrow..

A

We are now down +-5% from our top, that's nothing huge.

And Bernanke has not spoken after that post, I will stick to my prediction. If Bernanke reaffirms QE will not be tapered, we will go up.

There is only one thing that can happen if you pump $85bil a month into the market. 

"Never never never give up!"

#33205 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

Mmmmm...

A

We are now down +-5% from our top, that's nothing huge.

And Bernanke has not spoken after that post, I will stick to my prediction. If Bernanke reaffirms QE will not be tapered, we will go up.

There is only one thing that can happen if you pump $85bil a month into the market. 

Alsi future

#33206 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

Mmmmm...

A

QE tapering is starting to be priced in, end of QE could be the reason for the big correction.

But, if the full $85bill a month will keep being pumped in with no end in sight, and Bernanke re-affirms that, we will keep going up.

Safe this post and keep me to it!

#33207 zoner

zoner

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

Precious metals are turning green.. Me and my bullish ways will tap that resource. :)

Bullish-stubbornness tendencies make for teary eyes when I read some of these postings.

Wake up and smell the bear! There are ups to be had, but at what cost will you (the proverbial YOU) ride your trades? One needs to look at risk vs reward ratio now.

Paranoid Android

#33208 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

Hit & Run, that day the gold counters climbed like 8% if I'm not mistaken, so that was big buyers, and where in that thread did I call for 38000?

Alsi future

#33209 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

You have your daily 89 and good support at 35780ish...so I expect a good bounce from there come Monday..but any strength now I am going to sell into, this top band top has a lot of downside to come, klap hom!

A

This is only the beginning...QE not going to come to the rescue over this winter!

A

#33210 Hit & Run

Hit & Run

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationBallito

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

This was when the market was at 37621. But I am glad you are on the right side now.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

Hit & Run, on 31 May 2013 - 09:11, said:snapback.png

Please motivate since I am short and you are making me nervous. Thanks

If you are short A, you going to take a lot of pain today.

Are you not seeing what is happening in the market.

Rand @ lowest multi year levels (R10.25/$!!!!!!) and that will keep our market up.

And it looks like there are big buyers of the resource sector.

Goodluck to shorts.

Nope, if you could get the thread, I would apologize, but I can remember saying a couple of times that I am throwing everything at a short.

I did say that I think as long as QE continues, we wont get beat down to bad though, and in the long run go up. 

The mark of a professional, however, sounds like this:

         It is my fault.  I traded this position too large for my account size.

         It is my fault.  I didn’t stick to my own risk parameters.

#33211 farouk

farouk

The Oracle

• 2,725 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

We are having a nice drop at the moment, but I would love to know when this is going to end, QE is not of the table yet, markets may be pricing in tapering, but QE is still continuing full steam ahead every day for $85bill a month, when would that money find it's way into the market?

Just something to think about.

Today= $3-$3.75 bill of treasury purchases.

http://www.ny.frb.or...n_schedule.html

Interesting site. Thanks Jakes!

PS These treasury are mearly buy backs.In other words what has expired they are mearly replacing.What the market is awaiting for is

the QE3 that they issued .Something in the figure of$600 Billion.That figure once recalled will shake the markets.

Edited by farouk, 06 June 2013 - 04:14 PM.

#33212 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

Pleasure

Alsi future

#33213 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

If I recall correctly you were one of them. You predicted the market is going to 38000

Nope, if you could get the thread, I would apologize, but I can remember saying a couple of times that I am throwing everything at a short.

I did say that I think as long as QE continues, we wont get beat down to bad though, and in the long run go up. 

Alsi future

#33214 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

Predicting, participating (i.e. buying into a position) and giving an informed opinion are three totally different actions, on this forum at least!

:P

If I recall correctly you were one of them. You predicted the market is going to 38000

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#33215 Shortboy

Shortboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

We are having a nice drop at the moment, but I would love to know when this is going to end, QE is not of the table yet, markets may be pricing in tapering, but QE is still continuing full steam ahead every day for $85bill a month, when would that money find it's way into the market?

IG SA40

#33216 Hit & Run

Hit & Run

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationBallito

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

This awesome, all those idiots buying in just a week ago are really crapping themselves now! 

The mark of a professional, however, sounds like this:

         It is my fault.  I traded this position too large for my account size.

         It is my fault.  I didn’t stick to my own risk parameters.

#33217 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

This is only the beginning...QE not going to come to the rescue over this winter!

A

#33218 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:40 PM

This awesome, all those idiots buying in just a week ago are really crapping themselves now! 

Thanks Jakes ;)

#33219 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

Alsi future

#33220 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

Any good or bad news coming from the speeches so far ?

They cut growth forecasts but nothing to hectic. EU giving up their gains though. All consensus is sell....

Need a million ASAP

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting