35854 replies to this topic

#34601 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

Morning gents. Definite down day imo. Japan spiked again but all EU futures and US futures are pointing red.

Need a million ASAP

#34602 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:20 AM

Ok..Missed out on alot of action the past 2 days..My shorts are at 35750..SP 500 Q1 earnings are largely out of the way so looking for some profit taking in the next few days hopefully by the end of Wednesday into Thursday

Is that a short on Futures? When did you take it - the current IGM sell is 35 405?

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#34603 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:44 AM

Ok..Missed out on alot of action the past 2 days..My shorts are at 35750..SP 500 Q1 earnings are largely out of the way so looking for some profit taking in the next few days hopefully by the end of Wednesday into Thursday

Welcome back Chubby .....:)

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#34604 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:51 PM

I was very tempted to take another sell at 34200 level. Would have worked but too close to the finish of 34199! Glad I didn't. 4 sells at 34450, 34350, 34300 and 34275 respectively was enough for daily cash targets! Yay! So down tomorrow?!

This was the 3rd green candle in a row on the dailies. Will not be surprised if we see some red tomorrow.

I agree. I think we should go down from here tomorrow and maybe Wednesday too. Even if it is only on some profit taking....
Need a million ASAP

#34605 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

With the US breaking out they still got some room left to the upside but this bullparty is getting stretched and once they start building a top and go down we will go with them, the target for this double top in the TOP40 is still at 32500 (IG futures) and we have not reached it yet! 

Cramer's (from The Street) thoughts on the US:
"We don't believe the economy is on an accelerated pace of growth in the near term, but the jobs
data and initial jobless claims report (now at a cycle low), along with continued housing momentum
(Case-Shiller home prices rose 9.2%, and CoreLogic was up 10%), likely mean that in the second half
of 2013 we should see an acceleration to the current 2% level. In addition, the aggressive moves
overseas should also stabilize Europe, and China has already stabilized."

Edited by BBW, 06 May 2013 - 05:48 PM.

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#34606 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

I was very tempted to take another sell at 34200 level. Would have worked but too close to the finish of 34199! Glad I didn't. 4 sells at 34450, 34350, 34300 and 34275 respectively was enough for daily cash targets! Yay! So down tomorrow?!

This was the 3rd green candle in a row on the dailies. Will not be surprised if we see some red tomorrow.

#34607 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

Need a million ASAP

#34608 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

Taken a short @ 35420, left some powder to ad to short, should we have a push @ end of day.

Added to short @ 35440

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#34609 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

Taken a short @ 35420, left some powder to ad to short, should we have a push @ end of day.

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#34610 Hit & Run

Hit & Run

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationBallito

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

Add to short 35214 IGM Top40

The mark of a professional, however, sounds like this:

         It is my fault.  I traded this position too large for my account size.

         It is my fault.  I didn’t stick to my own risk parameters.

#34611 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

Ta!  :)

She has to come back to the neckline before she makes the H&S target, my take is once that 35720ish (j200) resistance is met she will come back with a 500+ move down (only then short)!

Got a feeling gonna see an island top crawling up into mid May before she rolls over!

I'm back in long!

A

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#34612 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

She has to come back to the neckline before she makes the H&S target, my take is once that 35720ish (j200) resistance is met she will come back with a 500+ move down (only then short)!

Got a feeling gonna see an island top crawling up into mid May before she rolls over!

I'm back in long!

A

The next pragmatic stop really is then 36000 (J200) according to my doo-dahs..

"Never never never give up!"

#34613 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

The next pragmatic stop really is then 36000 (J200) according to my doo-dahs..

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#34614 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

Problem is there is no negative divergence yet so I am cutting my shorts here!

The next projection up is 35500ish on the IG futures, so this can be consolidation to go higher this afternoon into tomorrow morning!

After that the return move should materialise!

A

#34615 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

Any of you clever folk out there... where is today going (ALSI-wise)?

That I cannot answer L, but the market seems content to range to the right as is has been doing for some time now. Perhaps US opening will provide some direction. If nothing much happens, I will keep my short till tomorrow. Tuesdays have now been decreed to be Turn-down Tuesday. To be confirmed tomorrow.

#34616 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

Any of you clever folk out there... where is today going (ALSI-wise)?

#34617 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

DJ Futures turned red. Sorry, but I must reduce the loss on my last short. Come bear, I have some honey here for you ....

#34618 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:29 AM

At least I can laugh at myself... That sentiment A, is as good as Monopoly money, with all the US Monopoly-money in circulation.

The current environment is not too leka using IGM if one does not keep a hawk's eye on it!

Anyway, this was just a rant-post, no real value... I am not sure where the next stop is, so I will short.. When in doubt... SHORT!

Lekkerry were right about the seasonal trend that is going to dictate the coming months!

A

#34619 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

Had a intense look at the charts, cycles and seasonal trends, my take there is a 80% change after we hit 35800 (IG futures) 36000 (forexpros futures) mid May (cycle top) we are going to go down again for new lows in August, but zig zag down!

With the US breaking out they still got some room left to the upside but this bullparty is getting stretched and once they start building a top and go down we will go with them, the target for this double top in the TOP40 is still at 32500 (IG futures) and we have not reached it yet! 

Copper and the commodities is only making a significant oversold bounce, but will resume their bear legs second half of May!

Lekkerry were right about the seasonal trend that is going to dictate the coming months!

Good money to be made!!

If we see red this afternoon back to the neckline then good buy for a run back up from tomorrow!

A

#34620 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

I agree with the turn around. + Usually European retail info is poor + Draghi speaks this arvie at 15h00. And he doesn't say much but the markets tend to take whatever he says badly.

Sells at 34450 and 34350 (Top40) in anticipation of it going even lower or staying below those levels. Keeping a keen eye though....

Need a million ASAP

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting