35854 replies to this topic

#8101 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:31 PM

Glad the sun started shining for people to join the sale!!

A

I shine it will. Very bright tonight.

And when reaped those moneys will go and get some cheap Krugerrand and park them away safely to support me in hard times to come.

May cautiously by into some gold miners. But that is a little bit bold.

“In order to know how good you are at something requires exactly the same skills as it does to be good at that thing in the first place” 

#8102 Motion Picture

Motion Picture

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:28 PM

Short 45670 (IG). Inverted cup & hundle formation on 15minute chart.

Taking chunk of profits here @ 45170. Leaving a smallie to run with close SL.

You better know when to hold on, know when to walk away and know when to run!

#8103 Jakkals

Jakkals

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:24 PM

the shorts are running wild, I didn't get in today, busy day at the office unfortunately.

#8104 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:22 PM

Flirting with the daily 200 moving day average.....we just might see that red hanger sale again tomorrow!

A

Glad the sun started shining for people to join the sale!!

A

"Never never never give up!"

#8105 denrandgroup

denrandgroup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:22 PM

61.8 Fib retracement from recent High-low on daily.

text book bounce on 61.8..fib never ceases to amaze me!

thks for chart

Pleasure....failure brings the undocumented fib 88.6 into play 44700 Cash

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

45500 breached, index tumbles 400 pips thereafter.

The Wolf of ALSI

#8106 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:21 PM

V hope you stopped out I definitely see no bounce.

IG CASH

#8107 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:20 PM

Selling any and all rallies is the name of the game for the next couple of months, or until FED announces more market support.

IMO

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#8108 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:13 PM

AGGGG FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF  V you very brave .

IG CASH

#8109 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:08 PM

Now my short looking very good, just to time the stop??? V I don't see the bounce atm??

Order filled @ 61.8% 45290

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#8110 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:57 PM

Wrong again out 45400

IG CASH

#8111 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:54 PM

Now my short looking very good, just to time the stop??? V I don't see the bounce atm??

IG CASH

#8112 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:53 PM

glad to hear..volatility is the "Achilles heel" of any ma/crossover system when looking at trading on very short time frames hence reason behind targeting small moves avoiding whiplash

for eg. gearing at R50per pip, targeting (60p-100p)is plenty meat on the bone considering how long you having to carry the risk and time in mkt, when it goes south and of course we see that occasionally it can be a heart stopper..stops and acceptable draw-downs got to be ironclad preset.

regarding entry/exits signal lag..think its inherent on all ma crossover methods to some degree, candle line reading can/does make a difference as additional confirmations.

anyone with a different angle on this please shout out.  no-one's going to laugh at you or hold you to anything said...i promise :)

stand together or....fall alone!!

D - there are more, have been more and will be more people in the world making money from MA cross systems (obviously with some nuances) than any other system

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#8113 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:34 PM

Anton..you see the 2 setups on chart using that strategy today/text-book technical playout. early morning and another shortly after 12:00pm.  easy money using simple indicators/methods :)

Edited by (*****), 28 July 2015 - 03:35 PM.

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#8114 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:31 PM

This leg wants bounce here US open @ 61.8% of B, place your bets

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#8115 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:17 PM

I've maintained QE doesn't end till fed starts taking back. Tomorrow I think they take back, and Janet said 2 rate hikes this year. And 4 months left??? We all assume that QE end would start popping the bubble. And charts are starting to say the same..! Just my opinion!

Take back is not enough to start the tumble in my view, China on the other hand could very well get it all started,

In my view the bubble is the whole US economy at the moment, and the protection system for this huge mistake is the Dollar, in order to see this bubble go there needs to be a change in the dollar and at the moment the US is blowing huge amounts of hot air into the dollar, A really big fall in china, followed by a contagion effect through the world, may well cause the dollar to have problems, and if you cant print more money the US has a problem. 

Seeing the kind of action the Chinese seem to be prepared to take regarding the stock market could very well activate a run on the markets, if i were to look for a location for the start of a burst i would look east, then the US and then the rest of us.

China property bubble is a good place to start the bust, add unregulated banking that will fall right behind the property bubble and you have the catalyst.

G  

#8116 Django

Django

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:10 PM

It doesn't happen often but it can get tricky H&S sometimes don't play out or the do but not the full count. That's where levels become important. But that daily played out and still in action, so it's showing us something.

I don't normally use the H&S at all BUT, looking at the S&P pic a few posts back with a MACD about to turn south makes me think a bit.

All the markets seem to be waiting for something and the FOMC always makes the market nervous, add to that the way the news on a single company such as google makes the market move when it should not, ADD in china, add in numbers that look depressive all over the world, add more jobs in the USA but no increase in production, add the production figures and job counts in the EU look shaky, Russia in deep do do, oil not looking good, gold on the way down, ALL of these are signals that say we are getting close to a point of decision, and down seems to be gaining the upper hand.

Now look at the possibility of a steep drop with the US unable to address problems due to an already 0 interest rate. if this thing breaks south in a big way it could get very interesting.

Just observation at the moment, Still if someone has a chart that goes back beyond 2001 just to see how often this sort of system builds and how often it works as advertised and how many times it fails.

G

I've maintained QE doesn't end till fed starts taking back. Tomorrow I think they take back, and Janet said 2 rate hikes this year. And 4 months left??? We all assume that QE end would start popping the bubble. And charts are starting to say the same..! Just my opinion!

But we're thinking along the same lines Grant and it doesn't look good but confirmation isn't far off

#8117 Django

Django

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:09 PM

It doesn't happen often but it can get tricky H&S sometimes don't play out or the do but not the full count. That's where levels become important. But that daily played out and still in action, so it's showing us something.

I don't normally use the H&S at all BUT, looking at the S&P pic a few posts back with a MACD about to turn south makes me think a bit.

All the markets seem to be waiting for something and the FOMC always makes the market nervous, add to that the way the news on a single company such as google makes the market move when it should not, ADD in china, add in numbers that look depressive all over the world, add more jobs in the USA but no increase in production, add the production figures and job counts in the EU look shaky, Russia in deep do do, oil not looking good, gold on the way down, ALL of these are signals that say we are getting close to a point of decision, and down seems to be gaining the upper hand.

Now look at the possibility of a steep drop with the US unable to address problems due to an already 0 interest rate. if this thing breaks south in a big way it could get very interesting.

Just observation at the moment, Still if someone has a chart that goes back beyond 2001 just to see how often this sort of system builds and how often it works as advertised and how many times it fails.

G

But we're thinking along the same lines Grant and it doesn't look good but confirmation isn't far off

#8118 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:03 PM

Thanks, your setup has been working well. I've paper traded it on all occasions and also entered actuals on some occasions successfully.

Now if we can just enter the trade a little sooner we can do even better but for me its about being sustainable, so works perfect for me.

glad to hear..volatility is the "Achilles heel" of any ma/crossover system when looking at trading on very short time frames hence reason behind targeting small moves avoiding whiplash

for eg. gearing at R50per pip, targeting (60p-100p)is plenty meat on the bone considering how long you having to carry the risk and time in mkt, when it goes south and of course we see that occasionally it can be a heart stopper..stops and acceptable draw-downs got to be ironclad preset.

regarding entry/exits signal lag..think its inherent on all ma crossover methods to some degree, candle line reading can/does make a difference as additional confirmations.

anyone with a different angle on this please shout out.  no-one's going to laugh at you or hold you to anything said...i promise :)

stand together or....fall alone!!

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#8119 Django

Django

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:01 PM

G

#8120 denrandgroup

denrandgroup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:01 PM

I await your TA or FA on the market,the rest is just pure noise.

It is all in the charts so what is there to wait for ?

Appears you are lost...not aware of the essence of this forum...have a great day.

The Wolf of ALSI

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting