Is there a dividend this afternoon

#16102 sequoia

sequoia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:17 PM

Taking a punt on some out of the money calls 

Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent – John Maynard Keynes

#16103 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:16 PM

tbh..was expecting much worse today, could be some underlying strength starting to show

difficult conditions but still long

Long is the only way to go

#16104 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:11 PM

tbh..was expecting much worse today, could be some underlying strength starting to show

difficult conditions but still long

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#16105 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:04 PM

JSE looks like it has turned but I am going to wait for the FTSE to start moving before I commit more longs, have 6 open longs at all levels this thing stopped at on the way down, cant afford to add many more until this thing is confirmed turned around. 

this thing is starting to get painful if it does another u turn and heads down for another bear run. 

G

#16106 Gorrat

Gorrat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:50 AM

What happens if S&P breaches 1900?

#16107 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:47 AM

is this the bottom for now, I think this level may hold

#16108 sequoia

sequoia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:06 AM

cant talk with my voice 5 octaves higher 

hahahaha!

Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent – John Maynard Keynes

#16109 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:02 AM

this forum is extremely quiet this morning

cant talk with my voice 5 octaves higher 

#16110 ykhan

ykhan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Locationsunninghill

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:55 AM

im short @ 45302 ...

#16111 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:52 AM

at 45570 no more passengers to be picked up as full steam ahead without stops!!

You still long?

Not looking good

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#16112 sequoia

sequoia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:47 AM

this forum is extremely quiet this morning

#16113 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:59 AM

...many stocks hitting/testing support levels today

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#16114 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:58 AM

Saw my backside this week, since I deviated from my normal trading approach. On some deep level I was fearful of missing the train speeding back up, resulting in me on a number of occasions seeing between 100 and 200 pips profit disappearing and turning into 200 to 300 pip losses. Need to get my mind sorted out....was a big mind {*^}<~*%}

all trends are your friend short, medium and long term... :)

#16115 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:51 AM

So it was distribution and not consolidation after all...still good downside left from this top made and I will be waiting with my longs once she gives the signal, already missed a good portion of the downside due to listening to other people and not following my charts, classic mistakes Livingstone made too!

Intermediate IV is just bigger in size but a excellent long will soon present itself...still got that cycle date around the 15th, let's see where we are then!

Monthly chart made a nice reversal...too little too late for seeing it now! :blink:

Bring it!!!!

A

every time dow went positive sellers sold into strength!! also last night it tried to go above pivot for 10 min and battered down again!! Some serious selling going on!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#16116 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:48 AM

So it was distribution and not consolidation after all...still good downside left from this top made and I will be waiting with my longs once she gives the signal, already missed a good portion of the downside due to listening to other people and not following my charts, classic mistakes Livingstone made too!

Intermediate IV is just bigger in size but a excellent long will soon present itself...still got that cycle date around the 15th, let's see where we are then!

Monthly chart made a nice reversal...too little too late for seeing it now! :blink:

Bring it!!!!

A

"Never never never give up!"

#16117 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:42 AM

Forget IG, I have. This place not intended for personal business. Get your own website.

anything else??

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#16118 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:41 AM

u were at the wrong stop... my class got in and smiling!!

BTW V, I have nothing against you but you did mention you worked for IG...If that is true, I think u here to

1.mislead the traders..

2. get rid of me from this forum because Im busting your banks with my class!!

Thats my honest opinion!!

Forget IG, I have. This place not intended for personal business. Get your own website.

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#16119 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:25 AM

Waves say friends of badboy 4th be masochists. What happened to to the HDB 5.30 train? I wait here but no sign.

u were at the wrong stop... my class got in and smiling!!

BTW V, I have nothing against you but you did mention you worked for IG...If that is true, I think u here to

1.mislead the traders..

2. get rid of me from this forum because Im busting your banks with my class!!

Thats my honest opinion!!

HDB

#16120 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:02 AM

V what is your waves saying? Bye bye or I told you so.Should have followed HDB.

Waves say friends of badboy 4th be masochists. What happened to to the HDB 5.30 train? I wait here but no sign.

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting