35854 replies to this topic

#19061 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:52 PM

My 3rd financial year of trading the ALSI .....last 2 years were reeeeddddddd. This year must least must be break-even. Got to make up 3 240 pips before end Feb 15!!!

My personal opinion is that 90 percent of the people trading this are doing it wrong. all the traders see the potential but the only people that can possible make money are the really big boys with big money.
my observations are that the traditional way of trading, look for an entry and make your 100 points, on a good day make 3 or 4 hundred. in my view the reason this will not work is because when trading a company you have a tool that makes this kind of trading work, the balance sheet, the ALSI does not have that.

I have been testing a system in small scale for 4 months, 2 months on pretend money and 2 in real money, so far it is working and I have lost very little, but I have had to make some changes three weeks ago, since the changes I have lost zero. and actually made money in the last 2 weeks.

My system does not rely on when you enter or how, it does however depend on the fact that in order to work the best option is to enter the market after a drop, preferable 1000 points or more, thereafter it works and no longer needs a drop to work. 90 percent of the time you only buy long, a Short is only to cover in the event of a quick drop and only to cover a single contract. in the event a market does drop all the profit on all the contracts is worked out and recovered automatically on the way down.

Takes 3 months (doing this slowly) before you start to pull any real profit, it does not make any money in a down market, so another 2008 will be bad for profits but you will recover all your capital and some profit on the way down, so you loose nothing.

if you want to try it send me private message and I will show you how.

Grant

Thanks for the consideration Grant. One can always learn.....my major focus ATM is to reduce my loosing trades ito average number of pips lost. I have a good winning ratio....starting to experience green weeks....so am in good spirits. Mainly price action entries and exits within a market structure context etc. Prefer PA above a mechanistic system....a personal preference....

Also seeing ito my loosing trades that a very high percentage could have been averted should I have had up to a 200 pip S/L and sitting tight as per Argento... Building up my stats ito of this and my trade patterns .... as well as using my daily diary. Should have done this a loooonnng time ago.

Will PM you :)

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#19062 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

My 3rd financial year of trading the ALSI .....last 2 years were reeeeddddddd. This year must least must be break-even. Got to make up 3 240 pips before end Feb 15!!!

My personal opinion is that 90 percent of the people trading this are doing it wrong. all the traders see the potential but the only people that can possible make money are the really big boys with big money. 

my observations are that the traditional way of trading, look for an entry and make your 100 points, on a good day make 3 or 4 hundred. in my view the reason this will not work is because when trading a company you have a tool that makes this kind of trading work, the balance sheet, the ALSI does not have that.

I have been testing a system in small scale for 4 months, 2 months on pretend money and 2 in real money, so far it is working and I have lost very little, but I have had to make some changes three weeks ago, since the changes I have lost zero. and actually made money in the last 2 weeks. 

My system does not rely on when you enter or how, it does however depend on the fact that in order to work the best option is to enter the market after a drop, preferable 1000 points or more, thereafter it works and no longer needs a drop to work. 90 percent of the time you only buy long, a Short is only to cover in the event of a quick drop and only to cover a single contract. in the event a market does drop all the profit on all the contracts is worked out and recovered automatically on the way down.

Takes 3 months (doing this slowly) before you start to pull any real profit, it does not make any money in a down market, so another 2008 will be bad for profits but you will recover all your capital and some profit on the way down, so you loose nothing. 

if you want to try it send me private message and I will show you how.

Grant

#19063 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:54 PM

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#19064 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:51 PM

10 081

#19065 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:51 PM

Number of pips lost since 18 Mar 14 ......

#19066 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:50 PM

But wait, that is not all.....

#19067 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:49 PM

Number of pips made since 18 Mar 14.

6 842

#19068 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

Seems that all that can bring down US will be a black swan

I said on this forum about 6 months  ago, that my younger brother, who lives and works in the USA (and is now retired on his yacht at 40 - Google money, et al), and knows a LOT more about share investing than I do, reckoned that they were only then STARTING to come out of a recession! So Argento, looking at your seasonals, why would they already now retract again!??

Edited by BBW, 02 June 2014 - 06:15 PM.

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#19069 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:54 PM

the same seems to apply for SA T40  to be quite honest i'm second guessing any short pos lately on our index(IG T40cash)

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#19070 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:38 PM

Seems that all that can bring down US will be a black swan

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#19071 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:32 PM

Big question is are we going to see new highs end of week (NFP) or continue zig zag down for a good drop coming...!

SPX has reached the top line of its wedge and with negative divergence on the 60min timeframe doubt we are going to rally while they fall...IMO the June correction has already kicked off!

Target 43700ish....

A

Attached Files

Edited by Argento, 02 June 2014 - 04:33 PM.

"Never never never give up!"

#19072 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:41 PM

K, since I cannot use ProRealtime on my pad, can we do the following? I will post IGM chart derived pivot data, and you provide yours, just to compare over a week or two....can we do that?

Yes, we could do that. 

I'm not always at my screen, so I'll try to post as soon as I remember.

K

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#19073 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:23 PM

100p in the bag..my day is complete :) thank you, c ya'll tuesday morning.

Great! Me need another 55 points to break even.....

#19074 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:20 PM

on the topic of gold...i'm accumulating ang/sgl in increments,  the drop from these levels is small compared to upside rewards

especially with the runt on the loose!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#19075 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:19 PM

...but that said I am well and truly in trouble on my bullish gold call...

on the topic of gold...i'm accumulating ang/sgl in increments,  the drop from these levels is small compared to upside rewards

#19076 Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSome Island

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:15 PM

Farouk still playing...thought he got stopped out when he moved his SL limit to 1301 around 24 April  ;)

...but that said I am well and truly in trouble on my bullish gold call...

#19077 Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSome Island

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:11 PM

Gold just hit a four month low...

Farouk VS Zero Hedge...

Farouk winning so far :rolleyes:

Think one called it 1200 and other 1400 when it was 1300!!!

Farouk still playing...thought he got stopped out when he moved his SL limit to 1301 around 24 April  ;)

#19078 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:10 PM

100p in the bag..my day is complete :)   thank you, c ya'll tuesday morning.

#19079 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:59 PM

normally would close trade just under pivot(44712) but with todays cluster#@$% calculated on incorrect pivot just gonna let ride to initial target 44750(100points)

wont feel so crap if it works out(looks like it will) but will make sure to check correct values in future

#19080 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:58 PM

Now its short squeeze to upside!! MMs win both ways!!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting