• Please log in to reply
35854 replies to this topic

#19121 TradeBit

TradeBit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:43 AM

That 10% up and not down!!!!...and if you read the alsi thread that day, you would have noticed how the alsi shot up 200 points at 11am,,,i mentioned it was because of Ten cent results!!

HDB, I am not taking you on buddy, I am making a legitimate claim, someone is fiddling with the numbers, they do not add up.

There is no way to be the boss of this, just take it for what is said.

#19122 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:39 AM

everyones bullish...dow futures look good....all longs sucked in....and????

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#19123 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:37 AM

trading intra with IG..be careful..mondays "opening action" for me is usually a real cluster****. 

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#19124 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:36 AM

13 March close 128700

14 March low    118228

That 10% up and not down!!!!...and if you read the alsi thread that day, you would have noticed how the alsi shot up 200 points at 11am,,,i mentioned it was because of Ten cent results!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#19125 TradeBit

TradeBit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:34 AM

npn never fell 10%?????

13 March close 128700

14 March low    118228

#19126 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:32 AM

It is because of trading over the weekend

thanks, will have to do it manually 

#19127 Qbre77

Qbre77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:28 AM

Using pivot points on IG, the points seem to be wrong today, it all seems to be compressed, any ideas.

It is because of trading over the weekend

#19128 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:28 AM

Using pivot points on IG, the points seem to be wrong today, it all seems to be compressed, any ideas.

#19129 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:26 AM

On the subject of posting a spreadsheet, formulas do not show.

Seriously guys, think about it. On the day that NPN fell +10% intraday how much did the alsi futures move?

If someone hits you with a hammer and you act like "kung fu Panda" something is seriously off.

npn never fell 10%?????

HDB

#19130 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:25 AM

normally enter pos before 9.00am but chart(T40 IG) pushing off R3 will wait for negative divergence to creep in and hopefully bring level down to more acceptable risk/reward ratio. 

could be way off as sentiment points towards bullish action..good luck to traders who are in already

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#19131 TradeBit

TradeBit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:06 AM

U want help..and then u drift!!!

On the subject of posting a spreadsheet, formulas do not show.

Seriously guys, think about it. On the day that NPN fell +10% intraday how much did the alsi futures move?

If someone hits you with a hammer and you act like "kung fu Panda" something is seriously off.

#19132 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:58 AM

I guess I am the only one then, well someday someone may find the time to figure this out and then enlighten us all.

Why should the daily range be correct and in the right place on the graph.

Its only a traders livelihood that depends on whether the numbers can be trusted.

U want help..and then u drift!!!

HDB

#19133 TradeBit

TradeBit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:55 AM

Post your spreadsheet here and i will correct where u going wrong!!!

I guess I am the only one then, well someday someone may find the time to figure this out and then enlighten us all.

Why should the daily range be correct and in the right place on the graph.

Its only a traders livelihood that depends on whether the numbers can be trusted.

#19134 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:51 AM

HDB....not to belabour the point.....but yes, I could have put my post differently....

You see, it happened to me some moons ago when I as an extreme newbie took notice of a one liner heavy weight statement, and without the necessary consideration of all factors and risk management etc, I took it as gospel and traded in anticipation of the expected outcome.....and got whacked big time....

So it is just a bit of emotional baggage and trying to help any others not to step into such a potential hole ......hope you understand.

Bottom line Plasma... You have to have your own system, have a view on the market...then check out others views here,,,if you find someones view here that somehow tries to confirm the direction you think the market will move in...and then check that members reputation on the forum for making good predictions!! Everthing playing the Alsi is a gamble, its the probability of getting it right most of the time!

HDB

#19135 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:42 AM

HDB....not to belabour the point.....but yes, I could have put my post differently....

You see, it happened to me some moons ago when I as an extreme newbie took notice of a one liner heavy weight statement, and without the necessary consideration of all factors and risk management etc, I took it as gospel and traded in anticipation of the expected outcome.....and got whacked big time....

So it is just a bit of emotional baggage and trying to help any others not to step into such a potential hole ......hope you understand.

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#19136 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:38 AM

Alsi future is priced based on supply and demand, it will rarely be perfectly priced to agree. (It is a derivative).
I might be wrong, but thats how I have it.

End of day it has to agree!!!

HDB

#19137 M I D A S

M I D A S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:38 AM

Prognosis for green today on the money, Nikkei 225 up over 2% (intraday) on Chinese Manufacturing data which is highest in 5 months - surely this shall impact Kumba in ICU

Nikkei 225 14,941.84 +309.46 +2.11% 01:05:30

#19138 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:35 AM

I made a replica of Top 40 in Excel and the Alshare, I do not get the same figures as are promoted on the screens of the trading platforms and JSE.
I safe my JSE market data before the market closes every day, and get different figures than what shows up on my download of EOD data.
Am I the only one that experience this?

Alsi future is priced based on supply and demand, it will rarely be perfectly priced to agree. (It is a derivative).
I might be wrong, but thats how I have it.

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#19139 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:33 AM

I made a replica of Top 40 in Excel and the Alshare, I do not get the same figures as are promoted on the screens of the trading platforms and JSE.

I safe my JSE market data before the market closes every day, and get different figures than what shows up on my download of EOD data.

Am I the only one that experience this?

Post your spreadsheet here and i will correct where u going wrong!!!

HDB

#19140 Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSome Island

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:32 AM

ZAR on the back foot early on...should provide support for heavyweight dual listed stocks and hence our market. I still think we open in the green this morning.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting