42 replies to this topic

#41 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

As much as I respect your opinion to which you are perfectly entitled to it, I cannot see the share rising to thee levels and sustaining this rise. If you look at recent news articles quoting Riaan Staasen, the unsecured lending market is going to be under pressure this year and this type of news tends to spook investors and they react by selling.

On another note Capitec has Feb-28 as a year end so how can they issue a trading update?

#42 boerboel

boerboel

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

stock will be over r230 before yearend

trading update due in the next 5 days

#43 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

I have been looking at the Capitec share price. Last year it peaked at R232 very briefly and since the rights offer has struggled to top R200 which is understandable due to the dilution effect of more shares added. However these are the same levels since mid 2011. I received shares in the PSG unbundling after its listing a while back and have participated in rights offers since but I am starting to conclude that the steep gain in share price is now over and that the price may have plateaued even with cash being raised for growth in the past rights offer. Is this the likely scenario for a while to come with this share R200 - R220 with a dividend yield over 2%? In that case the recomendation for Capitec is hold, even these 'low' levels do not present a buying opportunity.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting