7058 replies to this topic

#3921 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:00 AM

CML is buying for the long term.  If you're a CFD trader that's hardly relevant.  If you wanna go long on retailers now in this climate then you'll get hurt.  Plain and simple.

#3922 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:51 AM

Now this could spark some interest...CORONATION ADDING FOSCHINI, WOOLWORTHS TO HOLDINGS: CABLE

very interesting. I thought most analysts were expecting rates to increase further by half-year though....

#3923 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:48 AM

Now this could spark some interest...CORONATION ADDING FOSCHINI, WOOLWORTHS TO HOLDINGS: CABLE

Thanks man, that is indeed news with a bit more to it!

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#3924 Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSome Island

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:39 AM

#3925 Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSome Island

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:28 AM

I am completely aware of it. I was just mentioning it. ( so yes, sorry, must have probably mentioned it as well just incase someone rushes off to buy WHL).

*edit* and because of Witchery and Country Road, I was saying that I hope the good retails sales figures do WHL good as well...

No problem...but CR and Witchery won't be enough to change sentiment towards WHL. Stronger/stable ZAR will be the trigger!

#3926 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:21 AM

Woolies in Ozz has nothing what so ever to do with Woolies in SA...two completely different and totally unrelated entities. They just happen to sharfe the same name. Woolies interests in Ozz are through Country Road and Witchery.

I am completely aware of it. I was just mentioning it. ( so yes, sorry, must have probably mentioned it as well just incase someone rushes off to buy WHL).

*edit* and because of Witchery and Country Road, I was saying that I hope the good retails sales figures do WHL good as well...

Edited by AJS, 06 February 2014 - 07:22 AM.

#3927 Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSome Island

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:18 AM

Well, Woolies up > 2% in ASX.

Woolies in Ozz has nothing what so ever to do with Woolies in SA...two completely different and totally unrelated entities. They just happen to sharfe the same name. Woolies interests in Ozz are through Country Road and Witchery.

#3928 Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSome Island

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:15 AM

Hopefully the Aussie retail sales number will get WHL to life albeit for a brief moment.<br /><br /><br /><br />

Won't place too much hope on that...only 15% of group profits. Right now it's all about rising rates in SA...which I have highlighted as the biggest risk to WHL investment case in my very first post on this topic back in Aug 2013. That said think the market got ahead of itself by pricing in a number of rate hikes this year...listening to some of the SARB officials this may not be the case which means WHL at 6000 can just be an opportunity if the ZAR behaves. But remember to sell around the 6800-7000 levels!

#3929 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:06 AM

Hopefully the Aussie retail sales number will get WHL to life albeit for a brief moment.<br /><br /><br /><br />

Well, Woolies up > 2% in ASX.

#3930 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:19 AM

#3931 loading.....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:07 AM

But take your time to build a position...choose your levels. No need to rush in. The bull market from 2009 lows is over...

thanks. oml was good so far for trading long and shorts

#3932 Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSome Island

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

I like OML at current levels...have fallen VERY hard in London...all the way from GBP2.15 to GBP1.70 currently. Stock has a valuation underpin (trading at discount to conservatively stated EV) plus number of catalysts i.e. increased dividend pay-out, listing of US AM (although with the current turmoil in markets the opportunity may be slipping), plus the inevitable sale of UK platform business, the closure of UK headoffice and the return to their roots i.e. SA. On the negative side...too complicated to understand for some foreign investors, the Emerging market turmoil is weighing on sentiment, company report in GBP and with bulk of earnings from SA, the GBP earnings will be under pressure when translated).

But take your time to build a position...choose your levels. No need to rush in. The bull market from 2009 lows is over...

#3933 Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSome Island

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:02 PM

Zero Hedge, what's your take on Old Mutual ?

I like OML at current levels...have fallen VERY hard in London...all the way from GBP2.15 to GBP1.70 currently. Stock has a valuation underpin (trading at discount to conservatively stated EV) plus number of catalysts i.e. increased dividend pay-out, listing of US AM (although with the current turmoil in markets the opportunity may be slipping), plus the inevitable sale of UK platform business, the closure of UK headoffice and the return to their roots i.e. SA. On the negative side...too complicated to understand for some foreign investors, the Emerging market turmoil is weighing on sentiment, company report in GBP and with bulk of earnings from SA, the GBP earnings will be under pressure when translated).

#3934 loading.....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:30 PM

Zero Hedge, what's your take on Old Mutual ?

Edited by loading....., 05 February 2014 - 05:31 PM.

#3935 Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSome Island

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

thanks but my entry price was way off, had to keep averaging down on costs until in the money..win in the end but high stress :lol:

have my doubts as well but remain cautiously optimistic..that 37+ level should help support a push higher +-37.80  feeling somewhat unsettled trading this market, techs/fundamentals don't mean anything in this landscape..appears 'sentiment" is the driving force in our market lately :)

Correct...sentiment and flows...

#3936 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:37 PM

good call on LHC

thanks but my entry price was way off, had to keep averaging down on costs until in the money..win in the end but high stress :lol:

Doubt whether it will hang onto its gains come close of business...whole SA Inc space is tired.

have my doubts as well but remain cautiously optimistic..that 37+ level should help support a push higher +-37.80  feeling somewhat unsettled trading this market, techs/fundamentals don't mean anything in this landscape..appears 'sentiment" is the driving force in our market lately :)

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#3937 Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSome Island

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:07 PM

...hoping LHC breaks and holds R37+ convincingly by end of day trading :rolleyes:

Doubt whether it will hang onto its gains come close of business...whole SA Inc space is tired.

#3938 loading.....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:54 PM

...hoping LHC breaks and holds R37+ convincingly by end of day trading :rolleyes:

good call on LHC

#3939 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:57 AM

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#3940 alexander

alexander

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationFourways

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:43 AM

SAB very oversold in London...don't panic now but as I have said keep close eye on those Latam currencies.

watching SAB in London small upwards movement

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting